What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

Why do you guys almost never review mobile workstations like HP ZBooks, Dell Precisions and Lenovo P-series workstations? They are literally performance dreams!

new latest gadgets...but of course cheap are preferable  

Dunno how long it's been around or if it's been posted before but this is some sor of ultra durable 'modular' phone? Ask them about the S90... https://www.doogee.cc

I would be interested to see a re-review of the Vega Cards. It seems like they are becoming more relevant now that their price has gone down, the price of the RTX cards is pretty steep, and that stock of the 10 series is starting to disappear. 

find a couple of your gaming laptops, that runs hot generally, especially in idle. with fans running..

and play a bit with undervoltage and throttle stop.

I really found use for that on my Alienware R17 with the new 6core and 1070, it is completely fanless at desktop work, even a bit of youtube and surfing. and runs way cooler at max load, from throttling to 3.2 ghz to 3.6 at full load at 67 degress..

by undervolting on CPU and cache, without stability issues.

a small guide, and the effect on certain laptops, i really helps, my cinebench also got way higher.. and it does not need thermal repasting or liqued metal, never opened my dell to repaste, since it it simply not needed now.

Dell XPS 15 with the GTX 1050 ti Max Q  with VR in mind.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-15/spd/xps-15-9570-laptop/dycwb1647h

It runs on Nvidia's Optimus hardware setup, but it isnt switchable or able to be disabled. Because of that it is an awful VR laptop.  The rift will outright not work on it because the hdmi and thunderbolt ports arent connected directly to the GPU.  The vive manages to work on it using extended mode but struggles to maintain frames in basic games. 

Maybe a review of the Nvidia Optimus Technology and its pitfalls.

Fast Finger Keyboard (keys arranged in alphabetical order) for the Hunt and Peck Typist.

My 10 yo so is really into mechanical keyboards, 2nd in his 5th grade class typing 65wpm (from playing OSU) watches all your videos, has your Bro Shirt and he's got a collection going now including the E-Element Z88 (which drives my wife and I nuts from him playing OSU), Corsair RGB K70, even a Model F and Model M, among others you've reviewed and loves to talk shop about keyboard switches.

He joked with me about if there was a keyboard that was in alphabetical order and I said "no way" then I found this Fast Finger Computer Keyboard For The Hunt & Peck One Hand Typist for $32.99 on Amazon with a 4.5 star total rating!! Of course he wants it for xmas.

I told him let's look at Linus' video, not only can I not find a video from Linus, I can't find a video on this at all. He said he'd do a video if you don't!

Anyway you can do a laptop buying guide for the holidays? I have a mother who wants a laptop and I have zero idea what's on the market currently. Similar to your CPU buying guide.

You're all doing God's work ^^

Can you review the Hp Pavilion 15-cx0056wm 15.6 please?

review a gtx 1060 from wish.com

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I would like to see a review on Nvidia blower vs chinook fan/heatsink setup benefits , thermals inside chassis, influence on temperatures on motherboard surface below cards for those VGAs (RTX 2080ti or RTX Titan FE)  blowing hot air directly down to PCIE slot and capacitors and other components around it.  Maybe some thermal probe sticked near to slot, to see if hot air is damaging components long term, or not .. ?

Hello Everyone,

So I had an idea for a video, which could be posted on either techquickie or on the main LTT channel. The idea is to cover the basics of radio technology and where it fits in today's Tech world as many people have the feeling that radios are old technology. However radios are being used more today than before especially with the advances in RoIP (radio over IP) and digital two way radios and repeater systems that mirror many of the functions of cellphones and their technologies  i.e caller ID, trunking, gps tracking and many more all while using an "old" technology. Please let me know what you think and what could be added to it.

(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I didn't see a a video idea forum while on mobile) 

58 minutes ago, Pulpypanda said:

*snip*

Merged ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

LTT made the cheapest 4K monitor video, why not the cheapest 2K for us poor folks? What do you guys think?

Also, I didn't see a thread for video suggestions, so I put it here. If any mod knows were it should go I would appreciate if you were to move it there :)

[EDIT] Thank you wkdpaul!

X5.PNG

9 minutes ago, owen_pi said:

*snip*

I merged your thread into the video suggestion thread ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !