The best Nvidia Card for 1440p?

The best Nvidia card for any resolution is the 780 Ti, depending on that resolution you're going to need more than 1.

That's the answer to your topic. Now, I recommend getting a 290-290x. It's better for the price. The non reference models of the 290x run pretty cool, like the non reference models of the 780-780 Ti

Anyways, it's your money, you're asking for recommendations. If you don't want to listen I don't understand why you made this thread. :)

Ok, Baris.

So you are saying that the gtx 780 6GB can't handle it? I DID suggest a Titan to Tassadar just so you know. But why did you say "Get a normal 780", and then, "780 cant run that game even if it had 20GB's of VRam because the bottleneck will be the raw power of the card and not how much VRam it needs." What would YOU recommend to Tassadar, if he doesn't want to go further than a gtx 780?

Cheers

I said ''IT WONT BE ABLE TO RUN A GAME THAT NEEDS 4GB+ VRAM ON 1440P BECAUSE GAME WILL BE SO HUGE THAT A 780 CANT KEEP UP'' now there is no such game that uses that much amount of vram but there were one the 780 hell eveb 4 780's wouldnt be able to run a game like that if you dont understand this time too its either you are playing the stupid or you cant read please read my last post several times till you understand because from your respond you clearly dont.

Im just going to throw it out there whi ever buys or reccomends 6GB 780's dont know much there is NO WAY a 780 can run something that would use that much VRAM

The card just wont be able to keep up

Oh man, this is confusing now so ur saying u bought ROG Swift monitor to play 5760x1080? it sounds to me that ur just hating AMD for whatever reason, the 290x u previously have was quiet, may be not the most silent gpu, if u care too much about it u might aswell use onboard gpu, secondly u stuffed 2x290x into a bad airflow case and complain that it is too hot? this is none of AMD's fault, u didn't do your research before u buy so is your fault. and u think 780 will run cooler? LOL! most non reference 290x card runs at 70-85C max load just the same as 780.

Yeah a single 290X is fine but 2x 290X's in CF cooks the top card

I had 2x MSI Gaming 290X's now correct me if im wrong thats one of the best non-ref 290X s out there but even than my top card were underclocking because it ran 95C all the time bottom card was fine but since one of them were underclocking nearly every 10 mins it gives unconsisdent frame rates.

I said ''IT WONT BE ABLE TO RUN A GAME THAT NEEDS 4GB+ VRAM ON 1440P BECAUSE GAME WILL BE SO HUGE THAT A 780 CANT KEEP UP'' now there is no such game that uses that much amount of vram but there were one the 780 hell eveb 4 780's wouldnt be able to run a game like that if you dont understand this time too its either you are playing the stupid or you cant read please read my last post several times till you understand because from your respond you clearly dont.

Ok mate sorry.

Yeah a single 290X is fine but 2x 290X's in CF cooks the top card

I had 2x MSI Gaming 290X's now correct me if im wrong thats one of the best non-ref 290X s out there but even than my top card were underclocking because it ran 95C all the time bottom card was fine but since one of them were underclocking nearly every 10 mins it gives unconsisdent frame rates.

I've told you before the TF 290x is at best middle of the pack. The two Sapphire variants and PowerColour's PCS+ are all better.

Anyone got any proof of the "advantage" of a 6gb 780 vs 3gb 780 in 1440p?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Anyone got any proof of the "advantage" of a 6gb 780 vs 3gb 780 in 1440p?

Absolutely nothing unless you are using dual 780s in SLI @ a higher resolution than 1440P there is no way in hell that a 780 could effectively utilize 6GB Vram. In other words a 6GB 780 is marketing shlock !

Absolutely nothing unless you are using dual 780s in SLI @ a higher resolution than 1440P there is no way in hell that a 780 could effectively utilize 6GB Vram. In other words a 6GB 780 is marketing shlock !

That's exactly my thought, but I want one of the guys recommending the 6gb version to show me evidence. All benchmarks I've seen showed a gain of 1-2 miserable fps...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

That's exactly my thought, but I want one of the guys recommending the 6gb version to show me evidence. All benchmarks I've seen showed a gain of 1-2 miserable fps...

That gain would not be from the frame buffer at all. Vram does not increase performance at all it can only at most preserve it when AA, Textures and resolution are used to the max. 

That gain would not be from the frame buffer at all. Vram does not increase performance at all it can only at most preserve it when AA, Textures and resolution are used to the max. 

Preserving fps compared to losing fps it's a gain and I'm well aware of what the VRAM does. If you normally get say 48 fps on a specific game with high AA using the 3gb 780, then with a 6gb 780 you get 50 fps it's a gain, even if it's "preserving" a mediocre 2 fps... The word "gain" does not specify how you gained something, it just mean a value/number increase. Don't get so technical with these things. Nonetheless I am not recommending the 6gb version nor defending it, it's a mediocre gain and a waste of money.

You won't use over 3gb in 1440p, even if you were, a single GPU wouldn't be fast enough to keep you above 30 FPS while using that kind of vram.

If you really want it for the "zero DB fan" stuff, and the looks + overclockability, that's alright, but the 6gb is just a marketing gimmick.

If you're only after overclockability, get a classified 780 or see if you can buy a 780 lightning, as they will pull ahead in that region.

You should have bought the strix, put the temp target in precision x at 65° and prioritize it that way the card will never get above 65° and the fans won't spin. The minimum fan speed is 300rpm :P

Also the nice 6GB vram hynix is very useful for playing in slideshow mode 4k surround, fps is just gimmick all you need is 1Hz monitor.

R9 290 is better for higher resolution, has more VRAM and it cost less! ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Preserving fps compared to losing fps it's a gain and I'm well aware of what the VRAM does. If you normally get say 48 fps on a specific game with high AA using the 3gb 780, then with a 6gb 780 you get 50 fps it's a gain, even if it's "preserving" a mediocre 2 fps... The word "gain" does not specify how you gained something, it just mean a value/number increase. Don't get so technical with these things. Nonetheless I am not recommending the 6gb version nor defending it, it's a mediocre gain and a waste of money.

You absolutely do not gain any FPS or smoothness with a bigger frame buffer as it does not make the GPU core faster in any way or form. This is a common misconception with frame buffers and a sad tactic used in the sales of GPUs to those whom are not in the know. Core Clock speed increase will net a small to large gain in FPS and a bump in "Memory Speed" not capacity will net you a small gain in FPS in some situations to the tunes of 1 to 3fps +-

You absolutely do not gain any FPS gain with a bigger frame buffer as it does not make the GPU core faster in any way or form. This is a common misconception with frame buffers.

vram is not a ''frame'' buffer, its a buffer used to store textures, thats it...a bigger buffer only allows to store bigger textures (more detailed and higher resolution texture) the size of the memory buffer wont affect the framerate what so ever but if you run out of vram buffer the game rendering will take small pauses to let time to the gpu to unload textures and reload new ones to keep the game running again.

running out of vram is the worst scenario as the game instantly become unplayable.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

You absolutely do not gain any FPS or smoothness with a bigger frame buffer as it does not make the GPU core faster in any way or form. This is a common misconception with frame buffers and a sad tactic used in the sales of GPUs to those whom are not in the know. Core Clock speed increase will net a small to large gain in FPS and a bump in "Memory Speed" not capacity will net you a small gain in FPS in some situations to the tunes of 1 to 3fps +-

You definitely went all out in the wrong direction... I am NOT defending the 6gb NOR talking about VRAM technicalities. I was merely explaining why I used the word "gain"... I don't know how many times I have to tell you but this is enough, so I'll stop here haha

All that because I used the word "gain", some guys just like arguing with such trivial matters. lol

vram is not a ''frame'' buffer, its a buffer used to store textures, thats it...a bigger buffer only allows to store bigger textures (more detailed and higher resolution texture) the size of the memory buffer wont affect the framerate what so ever but if you run out of vram buffer the game rendering will take small pauses to let time to the gpu to unload textures and reload new ones to keep the game running again.

running out of vram is the worst scenario as the game instantly become unplayable.

Vram buffer I mean ...

You definitely went all out in the wrong direction... I am NOT defending the 6gb NOR talking about VRAM technicalities. I was merely explaining why I used the word "gain"... I don't know how many times I have to tell you but this is enough, so I'll stop here haha

All that because I used the word "gain", some guys just like arguing with such trivial matters. lol

You state that Larger Vram buffers give 1 to 2fps gain I say not it does not at all.

Well the 780 doesn't run 1440p all that well, but if you are only going with Nvidia and won't go for the 780 ti I guess it is the best option...

You state that Larger Vram buffers give 1 to 2fps gain I say not it does not at all.

Nope, all I said was that the benchmarks I saw of the 6gb 780 had a 1-2 fps gain, I never said that the gain was from the VRAM. Sorry buddy, but it was actually you who got all excited talking about the VRAM. Maybe you quoted the wrong guy. 

I am not interested in AMD, so don't suggest that.

>.> Fanboy. Also: 780Ti  

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Nope, all I said was that the benchmarks I saw of the 6gb 780 had a 1-2 fps gain, I never said that the gain was from the VRAM. Sorry buddy, but it was actually you who got all excited talking about the VRAM. Maybe you quoted the wrong guy. 

Was it an OCed model ? Aside from that even 1 to 2fps is within margin of reason . A new driver could account for that. Lets not get crazy here LOL.

You won't use over 3gb in 1440p, even if you were, a single GPU wouldn't be fast enough to keep you above 30 FPS while using that kind of vram.

If you really want it for the "zero DB fan" stuff, and the looks + overclockability, that's alright, but the 6gb is just a marketing gimmick.

If you're only after overclockability, get a classified 780 or see if you can buy a 780 lightning, as they will pull ahead in that region.

Are you serious? At 1080p I already use 3GB of VRAM. You need a Titan or a GTX 780 6GB or Titan Black for Nvidia.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Are you serious? At 1080p I already use 3GB of VRAM. You need a Titan or a GTX 780 6GB or Titan Black for Nvidia.

Agreed, I just fired up BF4 to double check and i'm over 3gb as well @ 1200p