What do you prefer driving, automatic or stick?

terrytek

Automatic, I'm lazy.

90% of america.

I've only really heard it as manual... O.o Or standard.

Yeah, that's my psychology. Once you know how to drive stick, you can drive anything. Now if only I can teach my mom how to drive stick so she doesn't drive my shit minivan.

heh, Sure, my pleasure 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Uhh, kinda. I'm right handed, but since this is America, i use that hand to shift. It's hard to control with my left hand.

I live in the UK (RHD), and i'm left handed therefore steer with my right. It's completely natural and not a problem. You'd get used to it super easily.

It's called manual because you manually select the gears. I think we can all agree on what makes more sense.

heh, look, mine leads to your's and vise versa, so...i agree 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

H gearbox.

Will not drive an automatic unless it's something truly special.

Don't care for sequential double-clutch paddle gimmicks either. Give me a standard stick. I would opt for it even if it's a supercar like a DBS:

2011-aston-martin-v12-vantage-interior-v

One of the best things about classic sports cars like the NSX is that it comes in stick.

#HGearboxMaster Race

Out of all of the sports cars out there, my heart is on the NSX or an LFA. But the NSX is the only stick supercar from Japan.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Our LeSabre is a BEAST. Whooped a Shelby 500's ass royally.

Speaking of the Riviera, we have one of those in our backyard (68-70, forgot the exact year). Sadly, it's beyond repair. :(

Naaw  :o Straight through rust?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I live in the UK (RHD), and i'm left handed therefore steer with my right. It's completely natural and not a problem. You'd get used to it super easily.

It's not fair. America should use RHD cars like half of the world.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Naaw  :o Straight through rust?

Getting there. Frame is so weak the car is bending in half.

Or at least the metric system.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Bah! that'll buff out  ;)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well, do you know how much it's worth in scrap? Because that's probably the only other place it can be in.

Why don't you just buy one that uses RHD? not that hard

I am happy little Vegemite.

Why don't you just buy one that uses RHD? not that hard

I don't think they're legal in the states. And even if they're so, it's gonna be hard, so I may have to DIY, which will cost quite a bit.

Or at least the metric system.

If you get to chose, please pick the metric system.

Bah! that'll buff out  ;)

Totally. And of the 11 or so known registered 70 LeSabres, we own 4 or 5, one of which that was a prototype (2-door 454). :D

Well, do you know how much it's worth in scrap? Because that's probably the only other place it can be in.

No. We let all of our old cars sit in the back yard and kinda disintegrate. Like our poor '94 Roadmaster. That thing did a holeshot that left potholes in the road, and it loved to beat up V8 mustangs (like our '97 Skylark that was running 13-14 second quarter miles, close to that of the GNX).

Seriously. I at least want to use Celsius as the method of temperature. You can barely even fucking spell Fahrenheit (Firefox has to help me with it).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Nah, I'd rather go with RHD cars. I already use the metric system when working with cars. (I have 3, all Japanese)

Totally. And of the 11 or so known registered 70 LeSabres, we own 4 or 5, one of which that was a prototype (2-door 454). :D

No. We let all of our old cars sit in the back yard and kinda disintegrate. Like our poor '94 Roadmaster. That thing did a holeshot that left potholes in the road, and it loved to beat up V8 mustangs (like our '97 Skylark that was running 13-14 second quarter miles, close to that of the GNX).

Well, stop using American crap and try Japanese cars once in a while. My 2002 Mazda Protege has 220K on it and still runs great. Has original engine, suspension, even the clutch is still perfect.

What do you guys prefer driving, automatic or stick? Even though I can't personally drive yet, I already know that stick would be better because I can control the power band of the engine using one hand. Plus, it sounds more awesome. Automatic sounds boring and monotonous. Sad part is, I have 5 cars, but only 1 is stick. Plus, you get better fuel economy with stick shift because you don't have your foot on the gas all the time, unlike auto. Stickshift is for real men. So, what do you like better?

Slick...I..I...I mean Stick haha

But yeah Manual all they way, but paddle shifting concept is pretty awesome. 

If one of my friend read about the roadmaster he'd fly over there and smack you xD He babies that thing like crazy.

STICK, but I also like paddle-shifters...

And yeah I know how to drive, not in game only, real life as well... Do not tell the cops!  :ph34r: 

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

You're not a man if you can't drive stick. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

BMW E34 525tds FTW BROS!

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Slick...I..I...I mean Stick haha

But yeah Manual all they way, but paddle shifting concept is pretty awesome. 

Nah. I was never a big fan of paddle shifters. To me, it's like automatic all over.

You're not a man if you can't drive stick. 

That's why it was said in my OP.

Manual. I don't want my car doing something without me doing it.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.