Another Malaysia Airlines plane drops, allegedly shot down over Ukraine #MH17

Askew

Source 1 'The Independent'

Source 2 'Sky'

Source 3 'CBC News'

#MH17 <<<<<<<<<<<< Images of the actual crash site are starting to appear here.

A passenger plane carrying 295 people was allegedly just shot down over Ukraine. :o

6b1a33056c1e5130a56acd8386307714.png

The Malaysia Airlines plane, which was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was travelling at an altitude of 10km (6.2 miles) when it was shot down, Russia's Interfax reported.

The Boeing 777 was brought down by a Buk ground-to-air missile, an adviser to the Ukrainian interior ministry quoted by the news agency said.

The adviser said the 280 passengers and 15 crew members who were on the plane are all believed to have died.

Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has ordered an immediate investigation into what he described as a "catastrophe".

A spokesman for Malaysian Airlines, still reeling from the loss of flight MH370 in March, confirmed it had lost contact with flight MH17, which departed from Amsterdam at 12.14pm local time.

This was allegedly the weapon used, the BUK Surface to Air Missile.

640cd3bf4e1b1f1ded36ee77cce82b03.png

That's a pretty bad situation in anyone's estimation, especially if these people were civilians.

It says in the Independent article that it was in a region where there is conflict between Ukranian government forces are battling the pro Russian seperatists, so it isn't immediately clear who is responsible, however if it's true that the plane was in fact shot down I can see there being repurcussions over this.

has posted the history of the flight and aircraft in question.']

Tail number 9M-MRD and the plane was 17 years old. Past middle age for a commercial aircraft but still have a few good years left but was cut short along with 295 passengers and crew on board.

History of the plane:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/9MMRD

http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b777-28411.htm

988e84433862bfc610feb66af5b44d98.png

Can you believe that its first flight was 17 years ago TODAY!?

Russia is in some big trouble.

And for Malaysia Airlines, surely the worst year of all times. 2 777's in a row, wow.. shocking.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Not really a tech news but want to put it out here.

A Malaysian passenger plane with 295 people on board has been shot down as it flew above eastern Ukraine, according to aviation sources.

The plane, which is believed to have been flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was travelling at an altitude of 10km (6.2 miles) when it was shot down, Russia's Interfax reported.

The Boeing 777 was brought down by a Buk ground-to-air missile, an adviser to the Ukrainian interior ministry quoted by the news agency said.

#PrayForMH17

Video of the crash can be view here: http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malaysian-plane-shot-down-with-295-on-board

Malaysian airlines are going to go out of business soon if this shit keeps up

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Oh, that really isn't good.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

dayum... this could make things a whole lot worse and complicated 

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

..And I'm going to fly over that part of the world on monday. Wish me luck.

Oh shit, good luck bro!

Not that it'd matters who comes first posting an article but people who don't read it at that time get another chance afterwards.

For example why would wccftech post an article after say anandtech about haswell-e releasing this Q3/september if someone has already done it, Proven

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Those Russians man...

They really want Ukraine.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Not that it'd matters who comes first posting an article but people who don't read it at that time get another chance afterwards.

For example why would wccftech post an article after say anandtech about haswell-e releasing this Q3/september if someone has already done it, Proven

Different sites.

This is one forums, not two. And it doesnt need two identical topics made 2mins apart.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

..And I'm going to fly over that part of the world on monday. Wish me luck.

Be sure to bring a parachute. And maybe some survival gear too. Y'know... Just in case...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Oh shit, good luck bro!

Hopefully they will chose a different route than one that goes over Ukraine.

Be sure to bring a parachute. And maybe some survival gear too. Y'know... Just in case...

If I'm shot down (and I survive), I'll treat it like a real life DayZ.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Would they post it twice on their own website? Of course not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"An hour before #MH17 went down, separatists were bragging about downing a Ukrainian military plane via @tikhondzyadko"

So it was the Pro-Russians!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This is what happens when you give men with the mentality of a 2 year old a bit of power.

Russia is in some big trouble.

And for Malaysia Airlines, surely the worst year of all times. 2 777's in a row, wow.. shocking.

Russia isn't in any trouble, unless they can prove that a government leader gave clear instructions to shoot it down

Russia isn't in any trouble, unless they can prove that a government leader gave clear instructions to shoot it down

It is pro-Russians who shot it down.

They've had some support from Russia in the past,but there isn't much evidence.Still,they allowed it to happen.

Hey,they even threatened to bomb my country.

#Russia.

"Let's take some innocent lives." It's really getting pathetic this squabble between Russia and Ukraine. 

Squabble being a bit of a understatement for what is actually happening. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"