Thermaltake introduces metal key caps

brownninja97

Im adding music, what you gonna do.

Tt_eSports_METALCAPS_001.jpg

Oddly its not shown on any of the pictures but the metal caps above can be put onto all keys apart from the number pad so i guess this is suited more to the guys with a smaller keyboard. They are also making blank metal caps for macro keys but those are coming at a later date

Ok after doing even more research ive found out that at the moment the keys above the only ones which can be brought that the amount, these are experiments and if the reaction is positive then caps will come out for more keys so you can have a "full metal keyboard". 

So the keys are zinc alloy and they are then anodized and uv coated so that your fingers dont melt them away.

Get them now at the low price of $69.99. Holy shit thats 35 times more expensive then my current keyboard.

http://www.techpowerup.com/202805/tt-esports-introduces-metalcaps-keyboard-accessory.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Interesting. I wonder how they'll feel for me.

Is it rubber dome?

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Nice. I'd buy those. The price is quite good as well, I was expecting it to be quite a bit higher.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Looks horrible. They better have mat black anodized ones...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

they need to make metal key caps where the backlight is still functional!

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

If it was entirely made up of steel the term "Keyboard Warrior" will have a whole new meaning.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I want all steel keycaps on my k95.. The plastic keys are the only thing i've found that's wrong with it for me.
But they have to be matte black.. 

I'll wait and see

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Is it rubber dome?

its a cap, it doesnt effect the switch

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Looks interesting.

Does it make your fingers smell like metal if you type on it for a while?

anodized so no, its a bit glossy bit like turning a window, if you or your parents have a car then its like touching the paint, well it will be like that if they do anodize it properly.

Listen if you care.

Im adding music, what you gonna do.

Tt_eSports_METALCAPS_001.jpg

Oddly its not shown on any of the pictures but the metal caps above can be put onto all keys apart from the number pad so i guess this is suited more to the guys with a smaller keyboard. They are also making blank metal caps for macro keys but those are coming at a later date

Ok after doing even more research ive found out that at the moment the keys above the only ones which can be brought that the amount, these are experiments and if the reaction is positive then caps will come out for more keys so you can have a "full metal keyboard". 

So the keys are zinc alloy and they are then anodized and uv coated so that your fingers dont melt them away.

Get them now at the low price of $69.99. Holy shit thats 35 times more expensive then my current keyboard.

http://www.techpowerup.com/202805/tt-esports-introduces-metalcaps-keyboard-accessory.html

Massdrop has had these (not from thermaltake)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Massdrop has had these (not from thermaltake)

I didnt say that thermaltake were first, do you know if they are cheaper?

Listen if you care.

I didnt say that thermaltake were first, do you know if they are cheaper?

i think they were about that, let me check

I think they were the same, here they were

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mkc-zinc-37-keyset-silver/talk

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i think they were about that, let me check

I think they were the same, here they were

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mkc-zinc-37-keyset-silver/talk

wow they are pricks, i have to have an account to get into the site, screw them

Listen if you care.

wow they are pricks, i have to have an account to get into the site, screw them

It cost 64.99 when it was being dropped, and I'm pretty sure you had to pay shipping.

its a cap, it doesnt effect the switch

I think he meant the keyboard that you claimed was

$69.99.Holy shit that's 35 times more expensive then my current keyboard.

And according to your profile your keyboard cost you 5 pounds, $8.50, and therefore it only costs 8 times more than your current keyboard.

Not sure how you got 35 times, or if that was just a random number you pulled out of your ass.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

It cost 64.99 when it was being dropped, and I'm pretty sure you had to pay shipping.

I think he meant the keyboard that you claimed was

And according to your profile your keyboard cost you 5 pounds, $8.50, and therefore it only costs 8 times more than your current keyboard.

Not sure how you got 35 times, or if that was just a random number you pulled out of your ass.

I should change that, i dont use the alienware one anymore, it broke. Its some standard dell keyboard now looks like this

3.jpg

Listen if you care.

Nice! Now i have easier access to metal keycaps... needs something to pair with my CounterStrike keycaps. 

med_gallery_18827_400_574061.jpg

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

Nice! Now i have easier access to metal keycaps... needs something to pair with my CounterStrike keycaps. 

Thats pretty god damn awesome if ya ask me

Listen if you care.

Nice choice of music :D

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I remember blasting that song in my dad's car when I first got my license 6 years ago. I was still at school.

Good choice, and cheers for the nostalgia hit.

The keys are pretty damn cool too.

Ive seen some out for a while, imo this isnt news for me. Look on Massdrop or eBay or some other website and you'll find these zinc ones, not from TT though.

Project Restomod (In progress)

metal keycaps have been around for a while, if you spend any time on geek hack you would know this. I thinking Geek Feng has some red zinc ones in his store at the moment and they look so balling.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Ive seen some out for a while, imo this isnt news for me. Look on Massdrop or eBay or some other website and you'll find these zinc ones, not from TT though.

metal keycaps have been around for a while, if you spend any time on geek hack you would know this. I thinking Geek Feng has some red zinc ones in his store at the moment and they look so balling.

I didnt say that they were new, only that thermaltake is now making them

Listen if you care.