Why You Guy's Play Game's

Hi! Guys i just wondering how did you start playing games and why did you start play games

My story is i start with a bet my friend that i can from my grandparent 2nd floor hi dont have any Money so hi bet his GAMEBOY and from then i spend  40% of my day time playing games

And I Have Some Borederland 2 keys and CS:GO From the weekend sale

I will pick 5 Lucky Winner with there best story

I have :

2 Borderlands 2 KeyS

3 Borderlands KeyS

Also type you steam user name so i can invite you Guys if you won or just send it to me private

My Steam User Is :   John_the_papito or if you can't find it try  : J0hN_TH3_P4P7T0

I play games to escape from the worlds stress. If i go into games and play it keeps my mind busy so I don't get depressed

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I play games to get away from the stress of life and if when I cant read or play basketball.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

For entertainment and the whole social aspect (playing with friends, colleagues, etc.)

I played games for competition purposes, Black Ops for 6 months 7 h a day baby, when i think back at it is actually crazy :|

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I play games because I'm a lazy fooker and if it weren't for games I'd just be sleeping all day. So it's really for fun.

I started playing games... why? Well, it's not really like that. My dad just got home one day when I was like 5 and setup a computer in my room. Then he got one of those wheel things with pedals and started up that game.. agh what was it called... Colin McRae Rally 2.0 I believe :P And ever since then I've been playing games.

Funny to me when I think about the fact that my first game was a rally game... I don't really play rally games at all anymore.

<p>I play games to be immersed in lore and worlds. I love the half life/portal universe, and I recently got obsessed with the crossover. I  love it when a game is well made enough to balance an amazing soundtrack, beautiful graphics and a good story with a solid game. I love getting lost in them and playing through the whole thing in one sitting. It's rare, but the best games can evoke emotions. That's what I'm in it for. Connections with the characters. I think video games tell stories far better than books or films ever can. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I started playing games to socialize with friends. I had a few friends who were obsessed with halo with me. We would play through those games so often. Good times :D</p>

<p> </p>

<p>steam name is LurkerLAG</p>

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

One reason to play video games is to do things you probably will never do. Like interstellar travel, or having superpowers.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have been gaming since I was about 6 years old. My dad worked nights so my mom and I would stay up until 3 in morning sometimes, playing Super Mario Bros 3 it was a lot of fun. I guess I just have held onto that part of childhood, my wife hates it lol. I just enjoy it! Steam name Soul Reaper

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

Well one day out of school and friend and I met up to go to the library in order to work on a school project. We saw his brother playing CS (Which is to be come my literal fav and most played game of all time) so we started playing that. We never got any work done and from then on I was hooked into the PC.

I had owned previous consoles in the past and I mainly got to to play them as family members owned them so that was kinda fun from a young age.

Why do I play games?

Well yeah it sounds a little cliche but yeah honestly, it relives stress and takes my mind off things. Life hasn't been to kind at times and video games kinda derive from that unkindness! I'm also not really a very imaginative person so games kinda set me free into a world were I can do whatever I want and I just find fun in that. At the same time however it is of course to mainly have fun and indeed I have met so many people.

Anyways, good to read everyone elses stories too. gl

911nemesis

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I started playing games due to competition or sort of. I have a brother who's 4 years older than me. Back when I was 6 it was hard for my bro and me to find a suitable game we could play together without him being at too much of an advantage such as sports since he's obviously stronger than me. Long story short, we discovered pc games and started playing 1 v 1 or coop a lot (Red alert, CS, Generals, Gears of war, Starcraft). Man it was fun and frustrating. Two nontechnical people trying to set up a lan game goes through all sorts of frustration (My family didn't have internet at the time so we had to figure everything out ourselves). Then from that we got addicted to games and started playing more and more games. That's about it!

Steam: crystal6tak

I remember when i was younger looking at my brother playing World of Warcraft (MMORPG) and then wanting to be like him in the game and seeing how big and great the world is and since i was watching it more and more i fell in love with that game i could be a warrior or a priest,human or an orc and do anything i want too. Meet tons of people that have same interest as me (in dungeons) and later on the competitive aspect, the social aspect was really a big thing since i lived in dead center of my town and there was only a few friends that lived here but they have all moved somewhere else now and i just needed to socialize . Also i can't believe how much this game has impacted my English skills.

Now i play mostly for the competitive nature but still the social aspect is a big thing these days since i wen't through a lot of rough years in grade and middle school and games helped me escape and socialize with people that were mostly kind and good at heart :) .
steam id: http://steamcommunity.com/id/minjon/

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I started to get away from the world. I think thats still the reason I play, but im starting to see that theres the same amount of crap on the internet as there is in real life.

Usually to just pass time when I'm bored, or to have a chat with people when playing... Usually just a time passer.

I play video games to escape reality. I'm not an introverted guy with no self confidence, It let's me be whatever I want to be that I otherwise couldn't be in real life. I can be a super soldier, a pokemon trainer, a gangster, a god, or small child solvng puzzles. That's why I play.

I play video games because they are a ton of fun! I like the competition, the interaction with other people and then those games that give me the rich, alter-reality of another world. Mario and Twisted Metal (yeah, kind of a leap there) were among my first games. I had to play Twisted Metal in secret because my parents didn't like it. I've been playing video games since I was 8, so for a good 12 years and I will be playing them until I die!

Steam: Soolkiki

When I have nothing or too many things better to do :D.

my gaming started when i was pretty young. however, i was never allowed to own a console.

every afternoon. me and my brother would get home from school and go straight next door. as they had a N64 and some other consoles.

we would spend hours there until it was time for dinner.

i would never get my homework done. but that was probably because i could never be bothered to. and my parents were always busy with my youner sister causing trouble.

so being the middle child with a gameboy and no attention. it comes as no surprise that i played pokemon and donkey kong all day.

after a while. we moved house. and again. the neighbours had a few consoles that we spent ages playing. gamecube was an awesome console.

and so me and my brother eventually saved up for an xbox 360. fow a while we played locally. racing games. FPS 1v1s until eventually i got bored and my brother moved onto other things. he had his licence and was 5 years older than me. so he was going out and i was at home all day every day apart from school.

so all of my days i spent gaming. just to escape boredom and school. i was never very popular at school. and i knew everything after the 1st time they explained it. so school never challenged me.

Now though with my PC gaming. it is a major distraction in my studies and im failing ;_;

so i guess thats my gaming story.

in its most condensed version.

I got into pc gaming because one of my good freinds built a pc when he graduated hs and i helped him build it, thought it was the freaking coolest thing ever so i build one too and be both bought SC2 to play together!

Steam ID: Virgin nerd

I started back in the 80's saw my brother playing and it seemed cool, why i play?

Life - its all about the game

Its all about those volumetric clouds

i started playing games after a very messy night with a chick and ended up betting with her who ever loses said game has to... well you can quess what happened!!!!

also my steam id is the same as my id on here, jamese669

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

I think everyone's reasons will be remotely similar.

My reasons are;

-Stress reliever

-Entertainment

-Fun with friends

-Experience a great story

Pretty much my reasons. I started playing games when I was 3 years old, my father bought me a N64 and I've been playing ever since!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EChondo