Why You Guy's Play Game's

I play games to have fun or explore new worlds and characters. I started out with a Sega Genesis and PSOne waaay back when I was probably around 7 years old.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I started playing games when I was a kid, I am an only child raised by my dad, but I was lucky enough to get consoles for my birthday. Ps1, ps2, gamecube, xbox, and just recently, I've built a gaming computer. I played because I liked it, and I didn't have anything better to do with my time. My dad's pretty into computers and games so it's a case of "like father like daughter" I guess. xP

My steam name is DanniFlyy.

SKYWALKER:

Motherboard: ASUS m4a88t-m le Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 CPU: AMD Athlon II 645 x4 3.1Ghz (OC 4.0 Ghz) CPU cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Ram: 8gb (2x4) ddr3 Corsair Vengence HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda PSU: Thermaltake TR2 430W OS: Windows 8 Case: Raidmax Seiran (White&blue)

I started playing games heavily when I got a Nintendo in 86 been hooked on it ever since. Then I guess its mostly just because first It was a cool thing to do and 2nd the games themselves were really fun. I been known to play a lot of the old classics now and then. Now I play because mostly to hang with friends or I have spare time to do so. Tho occasionally I do get hooked into a games that has gotten me lil late to work ><. Oh well.

Once a upon a time, I was 5 years old. I'm currently 17.

it was the first time I have ever held a controller. It was a super nintendo. it was great. the feel of the controller, the things i was able to do in games that i wasn't able to do in real life. it's all there.

I turned 7 and my father let me use the computer. i was able to type after a few weeks and it helped me learn how to read. I played Mario everyday. a couple of months later, i started playing counter strike.

when i turned 8 my family (from philippines) decided to move to australia. I was not able to play any games for a while (around feb, 2003). then my cousin from untie from sydney visited (i'm from melbourne). she gave me something that i still own, my very own playstation 1. i played tekken, crash, jak, everything! i knew that the ps2 was already out but we didn't have the money, we were immigrants.

It was christmas, my father saw how much i enjoyed gaming. my father sacrificed some money to buy my a ps2. (i started running around like crazy. (i still have it)

Everyone started getting playstation 3s, Wii, xbox 360s. and i was left with my ps2. i didn't mind it, though i was very envious. a year later my father bought me a wii. again a thanked him, repeatedly. (at this point we were financially stable) but the wii still has not fully satisfied my needs as a gamer. ( i play it every now and then because of family friends coming over)

when i turned 14 my school started giving us laptops, (worth 300 dollars) it had 2-4 gbs of ram (not sure about ram) and an i3 at 1.8 ghz (i'm not sure which model since i was never clearly told) it was a laptop great or taking notes in class. but me and my friends never took notes, we pretended to take notes and we used the integrated graphics in the laptop to run CoD 4 in the lowest graphics. it was great fun. it has been ages since i held a computer (well it's a laptop) to play games.

fast forward 2 years later my mother bought a very powerful laptop (this is around 2012. too powerful. she only needed it for office work. i convinced her that her laptop is too powerful for her, and that she should buy another and give her current one to me so that i can play games. it was an i5 at 2.8 ghz (again not sure which model it is) with 4 gigs of ram. I'm 16 and this is the most powerful device i have ever held. i played games such as dota 2, battlefield 3, guildwars2, batman arkham city, etc. (i play all types of games) but playing games has it's down sides as well.

my father saw my grades and he saw how much time i spent on playing games, he got sick of it. and took the laptop and smashed it into half in front of me. (i cryed manly tears that day)

it's summer holidays (christmas in australia), no i didn't get a new gaming rig. i got 100 dollars as a present from my mum and nothing from my dad. i currently had 250 dollars in my bank. i thought to myself. "i haven't played games in 2 months, i should buy myself a gaming rig so that dad won't be able to smash it" (because it's my property) december 2012 i asked my family friend (a manager of a restaurant) to let me work. he trained me and payed me 10 dollars. (i'm a waiter). while i waitered, i hardcore studied and i also did numerous hours of research on computer parts everyday. and that's how i found linustechtips, ncixcom and linustechtips.com. 

It's now May 20, i have earned 2000 dollars. all of it went to buying a pc. 2000 dollars is the most i have ever had in my life. i now have a i5 3570k, 8 gigs ram, 7970... etc. (yea you get how my pc is)

i'm about to quit my job because i got what i wanted. and i still have a few hundred in the account. and also i need to focus on studying. ( i want to become a paramedic )

well there's my story, i'm currently 17 and because of linustechtips and the linustechtips forum, i was able to build my rig!

note that after i have built my rig that i have not played games in 7 months... i got really rusty xD

oh and if i ever win (highly unlikely, i never win anything xD) utot_bubble on steam :3