Why The Hate On AMD (Prosessors)

so I don't think how exactly you won a debate.

what does this mean

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I know how to write ridiculous, you're not showing much proof either, so I don't know how exactly you won a debate.

LOL, then why did you misspell it? I have shown, proven, and debunked your arguments. I won the debate when it started. AMD's chips are better via logic, PS, and PL. Try and disprove my posts, I'm asking you to. You asserted I didn't win and implied that.. so clearly the debate is still on, right?

griN

so I don't think how exactly you won a debate.

what does this mean

What? I didn't even write that

LOL, then why did you misspell it? I have shown, proven, and debunked your arguments. I won the debate when it started. AMD's chips are better via logic, PS, and PL. Try and disprove my posts, I'm asking you to. You asserted I didn't win and implied that.. so clearly the debate is still on, right?

griN

Don't act like you don't make any typos, ever. You have not shown, nor proven anything. I'm not getting any valid sources for those false claims.

Because of everyone's lack of facts, I'm literally writing an article over the next few days for linus tech tips. I will explain every freaking difference. Go over to overclock.net and spew this crap. They will shoot you out of the sky. Most of them actually know their stuff and have an enthusiast for years like I have, through AMDs good and AMDs bad. I suggest for now you research the bulldozer architecture, look up benchamrks. The burdon is not on me. I have already repeated myself in this thread over and over.

This will help too

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/100583-analyzing-bulldozers-scaling-single-thread-performance

and no the 4790 is not "lightyears " ahead of the 4770k. That is the most utterly retarded thing I have ever heard intel fanboys dont even think that.

I have a lack of facts? Invalid. AMD is amazing, absolutely extraordinaire via PL, PS, and especially LOGIC. Debates go based on features.. not research and bias fallcies. The 4790 is 4Ghz. Ghz base is EVERYTHING for AMD processors, while AMD also relies on their cores, GHz, value, and reliability.

Not everyone has 1000 dollars for a 6 core CPU, but a lot have 200 for an 8.

What? I didn't even write that

Don't act like you don't make any typos, ever. You have not shown, nor proven anything. I'm not getting any valid sources for those false claims.

That's becaues I don't. I never make typos. I have completely proven, you have no valid sources either. The GHz is higher. The overclocking is superior. The flow and cache are higher. The rendering and program scaling are higher. You need a logical rebuttal.

griN

Not even most AMD fans agree with that utter bullshit.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Not even most AMD fans agree with that utter bullshit.

Invalid. Those "AMD fans" are misinformed. Highly misinformed. You've still yet to prove it as a falsehood, though.. snickeriN

I have a lack of facts? Invalid. AMD is amazing, absolutely extraordinaire via PL, PS, and especially LOGIC. Debates go based on features.. not research and bias fallcies. The 4790 is 4Ghz. Ghz base is EVERYTHING for AMD processors, while AMD also relies on their cores, GHz, value, and reliability.

Not everyone has 1000 dollars for a 6 core CPU, but a lot have 200 for an 8.

That's becaues I don't. I never make typos. I have completely proven, you have no valid sources either. Your ignorance bothers me, kid. The GHz is higher. The overclocking is superior. The flow and cache are higher. The rendering and program scaling are higher. You need a logical rebuttal.

Yet, you are here trying to prove something, without any source. And as far as I can remember, you can get a 4930k for 550 dollars, not 1000.

Core clock doesn't mean anything.

A 2ghz Intel can still process info quicker than a 3ghz AMD processor can. This is a very proven fact and why Intel reigns supreme. AMD is a good company, don't get me wrong, but Intel just floats ahead of them.

I have a decent high up role at a pre-built pc company and from the many many many computers we've sold (100k+) with the research, testing and customer feedback.. Intel comes back a clear winner... And why we only provide Intel chips in our machines.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

-snip-

You're clearly not a true AMD fanboy. You don't understand the PS, PL, or LOGIC. The architecture is far superior and so is the set and lineup. The performance = better for value -- your argument not being validated. laughiN

Yet, you are here trying to prove something, without any source. And as far as I can remember, you can get a 4930k for 550 dollars, not 1000.

The 4960x. When was it ever mentioned? You're building a straw man just to knock it down, to make my argument look bad. Try to prove your point. 

I made my point big and red this time but a mod removed it. I'm done.

You're clearly not a true AMD fanboy. You don't understand the PS, PL, or LOGIC. The architecture is far superior and so is the set and lineup. The performance = better for value -- your argument not being validated. laughiN

The 4960x. When was it ever mentioned? You're building a straw man just to knock it down, to make my argument look bad. Try to prove your point.

Yes you think different archs can be compared via clockrate. Laughable.

Go home. you keep asking for fact. If you read my red text then you know you should research and come back. No one believes your crap.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

A 2ghz Intel can still process info quicker than a 3ghz AMD processor can. This is a very proven fact and why Intel reigns supreme. AMD is a good company, don't get me wrong, but Intel just floats ahead of them.

I have a decent high up role at a pre-built pc company and from the many many many computers we've sold (100k+) with the research, testing and customer feedback.. Intel comes back a clear winner... And why we only provide Intel chips in our machines.

lol you're clearly a fanboy bro, 2.00 GHz is shit

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

This is he is right

Clockrate is not a valid comparison between 2 cpus of different archs.

muh specs 

All parts black

I made my point big and red this time but a mod removed it. I'm done.

Bye. Enjoy knowing your argument wasn't credible. 

A 2ghz intel can process info quicker than a 3ghz amd processor? No? Most of the 2Ghz intel series are 2 cores, while the AMD's have 4 or even 8 in the case of the 8120. Show me feats, PS, and PL. Your logic is failing, and you trying to compensate with AMD doesn't make you right, neither does your job. I could be the head chairman of intel and post what I am posting now. That doesn't justify me.. only the logic, features, and TRUTH

omg it's kW*H not kW/H! A kilowatthour is kW*H

Though the G3258 can certainly threaten AMD's supremacy at the lower price points too.

by / i do not mean divide. I mean kW(per)hour.....

It's an example fruit cake. Before you go off on a tantrum, learn your facts. I have a billion dollar companies research behind me. What do you have? Use of 1 or 2 processors and Google?

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

'Not everyone has 1000 dollars for a 6 core CPU, but a lot have 200 for an 8.' 

The 4930k is a 6-core CPU for 550 dollars. and @Syntaxvgm gave you a valid source proving your whole arguement wrong, what are you even trying to do right now? 

Please, you're making yourself look ridiculous.

Bye. Enjoy knowing your argument wasn't credible. 

A 2ghz intel can process info quicker than a 3ghz amd processor? No? Most of the 2Ghz intel series are 2 cores, while the AMD's have 4 or even 8 in the case of the 8120. Show me feats, PS, and PL. Your logic is failing, and you trying to compensate with AMD doesn't make you right, neither does your job. I could be the head chairman of intel and post what I am posting now. That doesn't justify me.. only the logic, features, and TRUTH

facepalm. Comparing AMD vs intel based directly on clockrate is as valid as comparing x86 and ARM on clockrate. The benchmarks dont lie.

muh specs 

All parts black

-snip-

Oh look more people agree.

muh specs 

All parts black

-snip-

Your use of Ad Ignorantiam and Ignorance of logic proves you are the other.

'Not everyone has 1000 dollars for a 6 core CPU, but a lot have 200 for an 8.'

The 4930k is a 6-core CPU for 550 dollars. and @Syntaxvgm gave you a valid source proving your whole arguement wrong, what are you even trying to do right now?

Please, you're making yourself look ridiculous.

It's exaggeration for the point, look it up. He gave me a failed source that I disproved multiple times. You're looking ridiculous by saying a 2GHz double core processor is better than a 3 core 8 core one. LOL.

It's an example fruit cake. Before you go off on a tantrum, learn your facts. I have a billion dollar companies research behind me. What do you have? Use of 1 or 2 processors and Google?

You're judging this based off of nothing, Ad Hominem. You learn your PS, Logic, and PL. What do I have..? Logic. Logic makes the world go round.

facepalm. Comparing AMD vs intel based directly on clockrate is as valid as comparing x86 and ARM on clockrate. The benchmarks dont lie.

Yeah, the benchmarks and stickers do not lie. AMD is better value, performs faster, can handle much more programs, is more reliable, and game performance does not differentiate. facepalm indeed.

Oh look more people agree.

Lol.

Your use of Ad Ignorantiam and Ignorance of logic proves you are the other.

It's exaggeration for the point, look it up. He gave me a failed source that I disproved multiple times. You're looking ridiculous by saying a 2GHz double core processor is better than a 3 core 8 core one. LOL.

You're judging this based off of nothing, Ad Hominem. You learn your PS, Logic, and PL. What do I have..? Logic. Logic makes the world go round.

Where did you disprove it? Heres another

http://www.howtogeek.com/177790/why-you-cant-use-cpu-clock-speed-to-compare-computer-performance/

Some arch are do more calculations per clock cycle. Simple facts.

PS, Logic, and PL

you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

Yeah, the benchmarks and stickers do not lie. AMD is better value, performs faster, can handle much more programs, is more reliable, and game performance does not differentiate. facepalm indeed.

Lol.

Great now giv eme a benchmark that shows this.

muh specs 

All parts black

Lol.

Proof. Stop pulling facts from your ass and actually provide some evidence 

Where did you disprove it? Heres another

http://www.howtogeek.com/177790/why-you-cant-use-cpu-clock-speed-to-compare-computer-performance/

Some arch are do more calculations per clock cycle. Simple facts.

you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

Your links are invalid. I do know what it means, do you? Lol.

Great now giv eme a benchmark that shows this. 

Look it up. The sticker, ps, and PL, and the value. It's not much reading. 8 cores, 4ghz base. Easier to overclock. Even the fanboys at cpuboss say it.

Proof. Stop pulling facts from your ass and actually provide some evidence 

You've done exactly the same.. I've provided evidence multiple times.

To be honest -- the hate on AMD is vague my fellow PC patrician. It shows better price per performance ratio, value, more clock speed, higher overclocking, and all intel fans have on it is heating issues and no hyperthreading. Threads =/= Cores. You benefit more from AMD than Intel. Gaming is mostly based on your clock speed and GPU. Nothing else. 

Hyperthreading is more cores, amateur. Hyperthreading is the inclusion of 2x logic resources and schedulers per physical core. If you ever put a hyperthreaded quad-core on a machine and boot up a core-watcher, it will see 8 cores because that is exactly what is going on: 8 logical cores in the space of 4.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hyperthreading is more cores, amateur. Hyperthreading is the inclusion of 2x logic resources and schedulers per physical core. If you ever put a hyperthreaded quad-core on a machine and boot up a core-watcher, it will see 8.

Lawl, naw. It's still 4 physical cores to AMD's 8, imbecile. They're virtual cores, you think those are as strong as physical cores? It's a gimmick. AMD is the real deal.

Lawl, naw. It's still 4 physical cores to AMD's 8, imbecile. They're virtual cores, you think those are as strong as physical cores? It's a gimmick. AMD is the real deal.

AMD is the real deal? Hmm, that's not what looking under the hood reveals. 1 float scheduler per module (considered "2 cores") makes AMD's performance fall apart anywhere floating math is involved. Also, it tends to simply "switch cores" when one overheats, adding overhead.

And no, Intel is not virtual cores. It's 2x the number of logic units. Any hyperthreaded quad-core from Intel can crush any AMD 8-core of the same generation at stock speeds. You can overclock those 8-core behemoths all you want and it still doesn't catch up with the competition once it begins to overclock. 9590 at 5.2 GHz loses to 4790 (not the k-series) at its boost clock rate of 4.0 GHz.

With the 4790k Intel has performance and performance per watt locked up tight. Performance per dollar they still lose, though not by half as much as you think once energy costs are taken into account over the 4-year lifespan of most machines.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd