Why The Hate On AMD (Prosessors)

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Heterogeneous software? No, the A10 already crushes most of intels processors. The final score is always bias, they have intel winning, nvidia winning, and intel winning in SSDs too. intel was never playing catch up, Amd has been better since the athlon was released years back. The core 2 duo couldn't even compare, whether you like it or not. And while I won't say it was high end for the time, the athlon absolutely stopped it. So this 3rd party org. makes the 1st party org look bad? You should go eat that scorpion now.

No one is talking about the athlon. I had three of them. I still own one. they are awesome. But both Intel and AMD have moved to completely different arch. AMD has fallen behind. It's unfortuante but true.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

And you'd be correct sir! Simply see CPU-Boss for confirmation!

CPU-Boss is full of intel fanboys and they compare stock to stock my OC'd Dual core A6-5400K would only lose due to the fact that it is dual core and not quad core

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Heterogeneous software? No, the A10 already crushes most of intels processors. The final score is always bias, they have intel winning, nvidia winning, and intel winning in SSDs too. intel was never playing catch up, Amd has been better since the athlon was released years back. The core 2 duo couldn't even compare, whether you like it or not. And while I won't say it was high end for the time, the athlon absolutely stopped it. So this 3rd party org. makes the 1st party org look bad? You should go eat that scorpion now.

Bring us some sources instead of your drivel. Nowhere has it been shown the A10 series can compete with I7. With a 40% deficit in Instruction Per Clock efficiency and a barely higher clock rate (4790k excluded) there's no mathematical way that is possible except on some niche tasks.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Of course... Of freaking course this leads to shit like this... My freaking Linus! It leads to this... Should a mod just lock this thread? One week. All I ask is for one week where we don't have Nvidia vs AMD or Intel vs AMD wars! I'd rather have a war over cats and dogs! Geez...

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Of course... Of freaking course this leads to shit like this... My freaking Linus! It leads to this... Should a mod just lock this thread? One week. All I ask is for one week where we don't have Nvidia vs AMD or Intel vs AMD wars! I'd rather have a war over cats and dogs! Geez...

let's talk about how cats are vastly superior

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

is the 3970X better than the 4960X?

No but the difference is only marginal. And bother are overclockable to crazy level, I'm not accounting for the average overclocking room.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Lets not get this thread locked pls :)

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

CPU-Boss is full of intel fanboys and they compare stock to stock my OC'd Dual core A6-5400K would only lose due to the fact that it is dual core and not quad core

Because 95% of people run at stock speeds!

I personally don't, but most people stay at the recommended speed since upgrades happen on a 4-year cycle for major enthusiasts and on 8-year cycles for people who do nothing but browse, do office work, and watch movies.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just face it patrickjp93 is right.

You've lost. No one is that intel biased. Professional benchmarks are not reddit or something. I still buy mostly AMD. Yet even I wise up to the facts.

I won a long time ago kid. You're not a true AMD fan if that's the case. Case in point. You don't compensate yourself, your argument lacks. He's terribly wrong.

You've PROVED NOTHING! You've only made claims and shown no evidence! Can someone report him if this goes on for much longer?

What feats? What logic? What niches does the Kaveri line win in? Simulation favors intel due to float performance, Excel/Calc solvers favor intel for the same reason, video rendering favors AMD, OS background multitasking favors Intel, integrated graphics favors AMD on the desktop side only and not for long. 

Where does AMD win? What comprehensive testing shows AMD wins?

"Comprehensive testing" You mean biased fallacious ignorance at a level even higher than yours? A third party organization with no support for the underdog, it's clear there is bias from both cpubenchmark, passmark, and especially cpu"boss". 

You're ignoring the feats, and the logic. Your logic is based solely on your belief, which is what we who speak english like to call a fallacy. AMD is the real deal. Deal WITh  it. 

That is one thing I will agree with. While they actually dissipate more heat sometimes by double, they do it over a wider area and transfer to the heatsink better.

Lawl.

PFFFFT! bull to the shit!

Okay, provide us YOUR benchmarks, YOUR proof, because you've provided none thus far. Concisely bring us a list of resources you think can articulate an argument showing AMD is overall better, not just in niche tasks like rendering (which I will fully admit the FX series mastered the instructions used for it while sacrificing simpler instructions used by games and other tasks).

I already did, you commented and didn't even read the previous posts. AMD is overall better due to base clock speed, more cores (threads =/= cores), better value, better performance, and cooler atmosphere. There is no difference in gaming, gaming is solely based off of GPU and Clock speed for the most part. Hyper-threading is merely a gimmick and you're too dull to realize that.

Dogs, no contest.

No but the difference is only marginal. And bother are overclockable to crazy level, I'm not accounting for the average overclocking room.

so is it worth it to get a 4960X over a 4930K because i'm probably gonna get a 4930K when i build a new PC

muh specs 

All parts black

let's talk about how cats are vastly superior

Dogs, no contest.

Honey badger. Your arguments are invalid 'cause honey badger.

honey-badger-dont-care-just-chillin.jpg

Lets not get this thread locked pls :)

If people would shut up, make up, and kiss then sure. On the path we're heading, I'd rather see this thread be locked instead of causing more unnecessary tension.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

so is it worth it to get a 4960X over a 4930K because i'm probably gonna get a 4930K when i build a new PC

Ofc not. The 4960x is like 5% better, that isnt an extra 500$ worth it

I won a long time ago kid. You're not a true AMD fan if that's the case. Case in point. You don't compensate yourself, your argument lacks. He's terribly wrong.

"Comprehensive testing" You mean biased fallacious ignorance at a level even higher than yours? A third party organization with no support for the underdog, it's clear there is bias from both cpubenchmark, passmark, and especially cpu"boss".

You're ignoring the feats, and the logic. Your logic is based solely on your belief, which is what we who speak english like to call a fallacy. AMD is the real deal. Deal WITh it.

Lawl.

I already did, you commented and didn't even read the previous posts. AMD is overall better due to base clock speed, more cores (threads =/= cores), better value, better performance, and cooler atmosphere. There is no difference in gaming, gaming is solely based off of GPU and Clock speed for the most part. Hyper-threading is merely a gimmick and you're too dull to realize that.

You can't make performance claims on clockspeed alone! The sheer difference in clock for clock efficiency makes the extra clock speed worthless! The performance isn't there, though the price is if you don't work under 80+% load. Also, you must not play many RTS games or MMOs which are more taxing on the CPU than you know. deep neural networks will not be running on the GPU because most AI programmers aren't that smart yet and GPGPU programming coming to games is unlikely any time soon.

And, finally, this isn't proof! This is just claims (minus the clock rate and price). This proves nothing about performance!

Honey badger. Your arguments are invalid 'cause honey badger.

honey-badger-dont-care-just-chillin.jpg

If people would shut up, make up, and kiss then sure. On the path we're heading, I'd rather see this thread be locked instead of causing more unnecessary tension.

This^ Honey badgers are crazy and cool.

You all are wrong.

So so far, according to you,

most people here are wrong, everyone on OCN is wrong.

vr-zone is wrong

anandtech is wrong

hardwarepal is wrong

pcgameshardware is wrong

hardwarecanucks is wrong

pclab is wrong

and Passmark Software, makers of some of the most used benchamrking software is wrong?

They are ALL intel fanboys and this is all some conspiracy? You just said these, all in links we provided you, were fanboys?

muh specs 

All parts black

Why are moderators allowing this to continue?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Why are moderators allowing this to continue?

Have you reported? If not, that's why. :)

How do I do the *rolls eyes* animation?

You can't make performance claims on clockspeed alone! The sheer difference in clock for clock efficiency makes the extra clock speed worthless! The performance isn't there, though the price is if you don't work under 80+% load. Also, you must not play many RTS games or MMOs which are more taxing on the CPU than you know. deep neural networks will not be running on the GPU because most AI programmers aren't that smart yet and GPGPU programming coming to games is unlikely any time soon.

And, finally, this isn't proof! This is just claims (minus the clock rate and price). This proves nothing about performance!

Yes, I can. Because all that matters for gaming is cores, clockspeed, and gpu. Threads =/= Cores. Hyperthreading is a gimmick, prove to me that it's not. The clock efficiency and the performance are highers. MMOS? Died a long time ago. More taxing on the CPU? Games are games, they perform the same. Try crysis 3 on ultimate. Read my POSTS before. You aren't credible, deal with logic.

Yes, I can. Because all that matters for gaming is cores, clockspeed, and gpu. Threads =/= Cores. Hyperthreading is a gimmick, prove to me that it's not. The clock efficiency and the performance are highers. MMOS? Died a long time ago. More taxing on the CPU? Games are games, they perform the same. Try crysis 3 on ultimate. Read my POSTS before. You aren't credible, deal with logic.

Funny how ignore the fact that I just called you out for 7 of the most reputable sources being intel fanboys?

muh specs 

All parts black

Even linus disagrees with you

ghz != power

muh specs 

All parts black