Youtube 60Fps

Arty

Why is this so important? FPS is just a number, besides 30FPS is da best

some people like the smoother video. :D, even if it gets to the point of unreal.

Even this is not correct. You don't see in "FPS" at all, ever. Eyes don't work like that. It's a constant stream of information that goes to your brain in real time (Or near real time, as the chemical and electrical processes are ridiculously fast).

And whether your eye is still or not, as long as it is healthy (And I'm not just talking bad vision that needs glasses), then you can EASILY see 24 FPS.

:D, plus we get motion blur naturally, and cameras don't put that in autmaticaly, so it can look weird at time..games usally fix.

I beileve up to 60fps, don't quote me on it

Well I hope so. And...don't worry...I will. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Two reasons this is fantastic outside of "cool, 60fps":

1. When someone on the interblags says "you can't see 60fps" you can more easily say "orly?". Plus someone like Linus could do a split screen comparison video with 60fps on one side and 30fps on the other. Put this whole thing completely to bed.

2. I have thought for a while the reason why we're even talking about 30fps is because of youtube. Youtube is where most people go to see gameplay footage. If youtube is locked at 30fps then what's the point of pushing your game harder? You're actually discouraged from going for 1080p, 60fps and are instead encouraged to drop those things in favour of more effects. If all of a sudden the average end user is shown 60fps in their browser? Well that 30fps game is suddenly a much harder sell.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I will not be content until I am able to view YouTube @ 240 FPS. Then I may be able to sleep at night.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

I am totally behind this but the only problem i see is that uploading a video in 1080p @ 60fps might be a little much for non-business grade youtubers. :((File size wise)

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

If you are not being serious at least make your comment look slightly sarcastic so that people understand you are joking and don't have to waste their time trying to correct your stupid comment.

Were the multiple question marks and exclamation points not enough for you? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

But yeah 60fps.. good.. if tragically late. Time to re-upload all those MikuMikuDance videos.

My question is how much is too much? When can we no longer tell the difference? at 1x, not slowing footage down.

My question is how much is too much? When can we no longer tell the difference? at 1x, not slowing footage down.

That will entirely depend on the individual. It will be different for everyone. But studies have shown that the eye can discern differences of pretty high frame rates (120 FPS certainly, most likely much higher). Even if it reaches a point where you can't make out the specific details of each frame, your eye can still often feel the difference in smoothness.

I would say that 120 FPS is a good point to aim for, until science can put a definitive number or cap on perceivable FPS.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

so fancaaaaaaaaaay :o

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

About damn time.

Those people who say "48fps looks weird on movies"  in my opinion ARE INSANE.

The more FPS the better (with diminishing returns obviously)

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

It's diminishing returns in the same way it is for display resolution. 30fps is like playing a game at standard def, it wasn't great but you put up with it back in the day because there wasn't the power to do it. 60fps is 1080p, it's about the sweet spot, it looks good to the point that even the most critical eyes would be ok with it and aiming higher is a struggle. 120fps is like 4K, in theory it's better and you can do it but you need to make other compromises, spend through your nose to actually experience it and most people probably wouldn't care.

IMO we'll probably settle on ~90fps in the long run. But 60fps should be the target for everything right now because there's no technical barrier to 60fps.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Cool know i can upload videos in 1080p 60fps Yahha :D

About damn time.

Those people who say "48fps looks weird on movies"  in my opinion ARE INSANE.

The more FPS the better (with diminishing returns obviously)

To me 48 and 60fps videos do have something about them that I can't properly explain. Its weird, I can play games at 60fps and it feels perfectly normal, however watching 60fps recorded gameplay it feels a bit... surreal,  I guess. Same with frame interpolation for higher rates, but that I would assume is because its creating approximate frames. That said I've actually been hoping for more HFR media since seeing the hobbit. Which is actually why I've been using svp(smooth video project, if anyone is interested).

My cinematic experience!

Just got better.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

To me 48 and 60fps videos do have something about them that I can't properly explain. Its weird, I can play games at 60fps and it feels perfectly normal, however watching 60fps recorded gameplay it feels a bit... surreal,  I guess. Same with frame interpolation for higher rates, but that I would assume is because its creating approximate frames. That said I've actually been hoping for more HFR media since seeing the hobbit. Which is actually why I've been using svp(smooth video project, if anyone is interested).

Because the eye see motion blur, cameras do not :P, thats why.

peasants would be pissed when they see this!

IT won't affect them, unless you tube changes it, their not going to see what they can't support.