What has happened to youtube?

Askew

EDIT, ok it seems that everyone who replied has had it this way for some time, I'm now just waiting for someone to reply who has also just seen this change today.

up until today I had the old style page with the channel name in the top right that was clickable to open your likes/favs/subs/watch later etc, I have only just been dealt this.

2d61e9b690d3aa5b03081f5452e7d986.png

Been like that for me for months

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Been like that for me for months

wat

yeah. been like this for months dude. I had no idea what you where talking about:P

Not for me it hasn't this just happened today and I use YT every day.

Here

post-4413-0-57883600-1403835162_thumb.pn

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

The button of your name that used to live on the top right and you could click to open your likes/favs/watch later/subs has just gone and been moved to some unintuitive drop down menu on the left....

They changed it. The drop down menu isn't unintuitive, you just haven't gotten used to it yet. In reality it's a slightly different style of displaying exactly the same information. I would actually go as far as saying that it's more intuitive than the old solution. I rarely get behind Google's useless changes, but there is absolutely no reason to hate on them for this one.

wat

Same case as the other guys. Been like this for ages for me.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

They changed it. The drop down menu isn't unintuitive, you just haven't gotten used to it yet. In reality it's a slightly different style of displaying exactly the same information. I would actually go as far as saying that it's more intuitive than the old solution. I rarely get behind Google's useless changes, but there is absolutely no reason to hate on them for this one.

guess I just hate change...

what plugin are you using to get the black theme? also like other said this have been like that for months now

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

what plugin are you using to get the black theme? also like other said this have been like that for months now

Stylish add on for firefox, and 'black youtube by Panos' almost all my most visited websites are black.

Been that way for months. Chances are, your browser had it cached. 

Stylish add on for firefox, and 'black youtube by Panos' almost all my most visited websites are black.

Looks pretty bad though. This looks a lot better, to me:

C3D3.png

know any alternatives for chrome?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Mine doesn't look like that at all.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I've never seen that, I still rock the white one with the drop down top right menu's.

*Firefox

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

know any alternatives for chrome?

Stylish is for Chrome. Never the less, Tampermonkey could fit the bill.

Had this for months as well, didn't like it at first, but once you get used to it, it works alright.

Kinda clunky going through a long list of subs, but it's alright.

I'm on Firefox as well, but it looks the same in Chrome so I think it's a by-account type of thing.

Error: 410

Mine doesn't look like that at all.

I've never seen that, I still rock the white one with the drop down top right menu's.

*Firefox

Finally some people who have the one I had, I think this may be a regional rollout.

@SkilledRebuilds youtube isn't black it's a custom theme I use, it would be white if I switched it off.

I think it's a by-account type of thing.

I'm quickly concluding this to be the case.

good news, stylish is also for Chrome.

thanks, i asked because there's alway one thing that does the same on both side but rarely is from the same guy or has the same name 

Stylish is for Chrome. Never the less, Tampermonkey could fit the bill.

Youtube died several years ago. lol

I don't know why they keep changing this stuff. It is just really annoying. Like forcing everyone to have the same kind of youtube channel or to use a google profile and your real name, continuously harassing members about changing their profile and name... :(

As for the change, it hasn't been like that for me until just today. Everything used to be to the right...and I was just using youtube the other day so I'm not getting my tired screwed up.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Youtube died several years ago. lol

I don't know why they keep changing this stuff. It is just really annoying. Like forcing everyone to have the same kind of youtube channel or to use a google profile and your real name, continuously harassing members about changing their profile and name... :(

As for the change, it hasn't been like that for me until just today. Everything used to be to the right...and I was just using youtube the other day so I'm not getting my tired screwed up.

The whole G+ thing, don't get me started. :angry:

scratch my comment about it that it has been like that for me like month, i guess i overlooked your pic and din't see the difference but just now it changed to what you say, also since i have youtube center installed is completely broken and only display the center option and not youtube's 

I use a Chrome Extension Called "MAgic Actions for Youtube" Lets you decide what color you want the page to be using the switch (see my previous post) and hsa many other really useful settings such as Auto 1080p and Auto Wide

- And TBH apart from the stupid sub list, I prefer the new Layout- everything is there without clicking

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler