Dreaming of Linus

Mouse-Potato

Well, just wanted to see if I'm the only whose had a dream with Linus(probably from watching all of his videos on youtube).

Had a dream the other night and it was in a large tent, kind of like the ones they have at conventions. 

I was browsing around in the tent and Linus stopped me and offered me a great deal on some very nice wooden coat hangers as well as a 1990's type 120mm pc fan. He reassured me that they worked and that they were top of the line. I think i ended up buying them, and as i walked out Slick was handed me a flyer.

I'd be curious to see what you have dreamed about too if youo guys are willing to share.

>thinking about tents in bed whilst thoughts of linus 

>wake up with pitched tent 

u wot m7

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Not really.. no

But im definately following this thread

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Shouldn't this be in off-topic ?

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Whait what, eeh what did i miss. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

>thinking about tents in bed whilst thoughts of linus 

>wake up with pitched tent 

u wot m7

Who are you quoting?

Lol, no gayness involved... I thought'd be fun just to see what people wrote, my gf approves of Linus btw!  ;)

I once dreamt I was helping Linus at the LMG house. He'd ask me to go pick up products for him and stuff.

@LinusTech

i'm a potato

I once dreamt Linus was offering me his socks and sandals for the cheap price of 500$. Since I always wanted to wear hiking gear, I said yes right away.

A bit of backstory, I'm turning 18 on the 28th, am graduated and "employed" (I work per-project, mostly on commission) in pre/post production in various forms of media.

Here's my dream.

Huge wall of text, by the way.

Enjoy the read.

My childhood.

I walk through the screen door to my house, taking shelter in the warmth of home, I had just gotten off the bus from school.

Sat on the floor, Linus and Slick, looking to be in their teens, are playing my N64, it's Mario Kart. I ask if I can play.

Linus stabs, "No!", while Slick coaxes me. I sit next to him, glaring at Linus. He sticks out his tongue.

Slick keeps winning. Linus complains, as expected. He knocks the controller out of Slick's hands one game, Slick still won.

Then they initiate Battle Mode. Three balloons each, they glare at each other in-game, grinding hips in real life.

Linus is Yoshi as expected, Slick picked Luigi.

The map looks different. In fact, none of the maps they played looked like any of the Mario Kart 64 maps, aside from the art style.

Before setting off, Linus looks to Slick.

"We're playing for souls, right?" Linus inquiries.

wat.jpg

"Yeah, of course", Slick chuckles. He seems confident.

I say, "That's probably not the best idea." I don't know why I do, I just do.

Linus disregards what I say, Slick looks at me as if to ask "Why?" only to get hit by a green shell as the world warps into Mario Kart.

Two karts, Linus takes the red one, Slick takes the green, donning his "S" hat as if this is a normal occurrence.

I sit on the sidelines, freaked.

As soon as they're each in their kart, the normal start sequence of Mario Kart goes as expected.

Except the world is shifting and moving, like a machine.

They're off! Balloons trailing behind them, they head right next to each other, praying to the RNG gods that they start with a red shell.

The gods must have heard Linus; He slams on the breaks, flipping a 180 to throw a red shell, which follows Slick around the corner.

Slick deploys his banana, taking the hit from the red shell for him. He hits another box, and heads up a ramp.

The floor drops out from under him as he reaches the peak platform. He has a green shell now.

As he lands, Linus comes around the corner, banana in hand. Slick moves towards him, green shell ready.

As he fires his green shell, Linus launches his banana, landing right under the wheel of Slick's kart. He slips.

Spinning out of control, Linus drifts past the shell, then around Slick, going to the right.

The green shell that Slick had launched comes right back at him, hitting him in the face as he regains control of his kart.

One balloon left. Linus with three.

Slick moves in the opposite direction that he saw Linus go in. Time to try to be tactical.

He gets a Ghost/Boo from one of the boxes. He waits.

During this, Linus is busy trying to get a red shell. He gets box after box, launching off green shells and bananas as he gets the next box.

Eventually, the lower-ground area is death valley, with green shells and bananas from Linus getting rid of them from the second-lowest platform.

Slick is hiding out on one of the higher ones, behind a wall. He has a command prompt up.

"screenpeak.exe"

As soon as he sees what Linus is doing, he waits once again, ready to steal the red shell with his ghost.

It's up. He got a red shell.

Slick pops his ghost, turning invulnerable and invisible temporarily, while stealing Linus's red shell. He launches himself into the Death Valley.

Headed right for the ramp leading to where Linus is, he charges.

Linus knows what happened, but not where Slick is.

He himself jumps into Death Valley, drifting past shell after shell, banana after banana.

Slick reaches where Linus was, only to see him in the Valley. His ghost has now run out, he's no longer invulnerable.

Back on the map, Linus sees where Slick is. He turns around hard, getting hit by a shell as he does.

Slick carefully idles on the edge of the platform.

Linus approaches Slick, getting a box as he does.

Slipping on a banana as he nears the ramp, Linus trucks forward. It's now 1 to 1, one hit left for each.

Coming up the ramp, Slick is ready. He immediately prepares to launch the red shell...

But it disappears as he throws. Linus used a ghost.

Linus drifts through Slick, who is trying to get up a ramp to escape.

Waiting for his ghost to run out, Linus trails Slick all the way to the top of the platforms.

They're at the peak now. Linus flashes as his ghost runs out. He idly holds his red shell, smiling.

"Since your soul is going to be mine..."

"Yeah?"

"I have a proposal. All you have to do is work for me without complaints. Be my wingman. We can rule this channel together."

"I'll never join you!" Slick screams, about to drive off the platform to land in Death Valley.

The top platform again drops out from underneath them.

Linus launches his shell as they fall.

Slick had driven a short distance before the platform dropped, he's moving away from the shell as it follows him.

The shell is slowly catching up.

Linus lands on one of the second-lowest platforms, Slick in Death Valley.

The shell makes contact.

His balloon drifts away, the world disappears, and we're back in my living room.

Linus has his arms up in triumph, while Slick just sits there.

"You don't have a choice, now." Linus says, smiling.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

MEANT TO EDIT NOT QUOTE. Bleh.

A bit of backstory, I'm turning 18 on the 28th, am graduated and "employed" (I work per-project, mostly on commission) in pre/post production in various forms of media.

(backstory is just so you know that I'm not even near the age in which I am in the dream, nor have I been around that place in 11 years, or played Mario Kart 64 in four years...how Linus/Slick got associated with it all, I dunno)

Here's my dream.

Enjoy the read.

My childhood.

I walk through the screen door to my house, taking shelter in the warmth of home, I had just gotten off the bus from school.

Sat on the floor, Linus and Slick, looking to be in their teens, are playing my N64, it's Mario Kart. I ask if I can play.

Linus stabs, "No!", while Slick coaxes me. I sit next to him, glaring at Linus. He sticks out his tongue.

Slick keeps winning. Linus complains, as expected. He knocks the controller out of Slick's hands one game, Slick still won.

Then they initiate Battle Mode. Three balloons each, they glare at each other in-game, grinding hips in real life.

The map looks different. In fact, none of the maps they played looked like any of the Mario Kart 64 maps, aside from the art style.

wat.jpg

Linus disregards what I say, Slick looks at me as if to ask "Why?" only to get hit by a green shell as the world warps into Mario Kart.

Two karts, Linus takes the red one, Slick takes the green, donning his "S" hat as if this is a normal occurrence.

As soon as they're each in their kart, the normal start sequence of Mario Kart goes as expected.

They're off! Balloons trailing behind them, they head right next to each other, praying to the RNG gods that they start with a red shell.

The gods must have heard Linus; He slams on the breaks, flipping a 180 to throw a red shell, which follows Slick around the corner.

Slick deploys his banana, taking the hit from the red shell for him. He hits another box, and heads up a ramp.

The floor drops out from under him as he reaches the peak platform. He has a green shell now.

As he lands, Linus comes around the corner, banana in hand. Slick moves towards him, green shell ready.

As he fires his green shell, Linus launches his banana, landing right under the wheel of Slick's kart. He slips.

Spinning out of control, Linus drifts past the shell, then around Slick, going to the right.

The green shell that Slick had launched comes right back at him, hitting him in the face as he regains control of his kart.

Slick moves in the opposite direction that he saw Linus go in. Time to try to be tactical.

During this, Linus is busy trying to get a red shell. He gets box after box, launching off green shells and bananas as he gets the next box.

Eventually, the lower-ground area is death valley, with green shells and bananas from Linus getting rid of them from the second-lowest platform.

Slick is hiding out on one of the higher ones, behind a wall. He has a command prompt up.

"screenpeak.exe"

As soon as he sees what Linus is doing, he waits once again, ready to steal the red shell with his ghost.

Slick pops his ghost, turning invulnerable and invisible temporarily, while stealing Linus's red shell. He launches himself into the Death Valley.

He himself jumps into Death Valley, drifting past shell after shell, banana after banana.

Slick reaches where Linus was, only to see him in the Valley. His ghost has now run out, he's no longer invulnerable.

Back on the map, Linus sees where Slick is. He turns around hard, getting hit by a shell as he does.

Slipping on a banana as he nears the ramp, Linus trucks forward. It's now 1 to 1, one hit left for each.

Coming up the ramp, Slick is ready. He immediately prepares to launch the red shell...

Waiting for his ghost to run out, Linus trails Slick all the way to the top of the platforms.

They're at the peak now. Linus flashes as his ghost runs out. He idly holds his red shell, smiling.

"Yeah?"

"I have a proposal. All you have to do is work for me without complaints. Be my wingman. We can rule this channel together."

"I'll never join you!" Slick screams, about to drive off the platform to land in Death Valley.

Slick had driven a short distance before the platform dropped, he's moving away from the shell as it follows him.

The shell makes contact.

His balloon drifts away, the world disappears, and we're back in my living room.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

I once dreamt i broke into linus's house and stole all his mechanical keyboards and his favoritemonitor that big ass widescreen lg thing, all his motherboards and his pebble and he was chasing me and threw saucage's at me 

worst nightmare i've ever had

Here's my dream.

Enjoy the read.

My childhood.

wat.jpg

"screenpeak.exe"

"Yeah?"

The shell makes contact.

Did you just write that or is this something you wrote a while ago?

I once dreamt i broke into linus's house and stole all his mechanical keyboards and his favoritemonitor that big ass widescreen lg thing, all his motherboards and his pebble and he was chasing me and threw saucage's at me 

worst nightmare i've ever had

was it the bluetooth sausage's?

Did you just write that or is this something you wrote a while ago?

Just wrote it now, however, it was a legitimate dream.

Not doing much right now, and writing comes fairly easily. Only took a few minutes to right that.

was it the bluetooth sausage's?

what other sausages do you think of ?

oh jesus christ no

No this should stay here!...  :P

I got a warning for posting 1337 speak in the console section because at the time I saw a lot of CoD questions in the section

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

To the OP, He's already married

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

I got a warning for posting 1337 speak in the console section because at the time I saw a lot of CoD questions in the section

I guess it got moved!

I'm surprised no one has dreamt about sleeping with Linus. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx