Crytek Not Paying Staff On Time, Ryse Sequel Dropped

Rafy

Crytek, the developer behind Crysis and Xbox One launch game Ryse, is having trouble paying employees, and the company has been bleeding staff since March, according to people who work there.

In addition, from what I hear, the multi-national studio has had to cancel work on multiple games over the past few months, including some original prototypes and a sequel to last fall's Xbox One exclusive, Ryse.

Current and former Crytek employees describe a tense, unstable environment, plagued by poor communication and a number of high-level staff departures at the company's biggest studios in Germany and Britain. In extensive conversations over the past few weeks, developers have described a company in turmoil, where staff openly talk about leaving or looking for new jobs. One employee estimates that some 100 people have left over the past three months.

Yesterday, Crytek co-founder Avni Yerli told staff not to talk to the press about anything that was happening at the studio, according to three current employees. But people at Crytek are frustrated. They want things to get better. So now they're speaking out.

Source: http://kotaku.com/sources-crytek-not-paying-staff-on-time-ryse-sequel-d-1594967505

Looks like the rumors where correct.

Ryse and fall.

Considering ryse 1 wasn't anything more than a showpiece I don't regret not getting the sequel... not that I have or will ever have an xbox.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

MAKE MORE CRYSIS AND FAR CRY

Push cry-engine  more (its freaking amazing, more people should use it)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ryse and fall.

I guess you could say that they are in the middle of a crysis......

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I hope they can end up making it through this.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Ryse and fall.

My day has been made.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Ouch, game devs are horribly mistreated as it is right now (Fuck that "crunch time" philosophy bullshit: the people who came up with that work ethos were INDEPENDENT before you defend work slavery) and the worst possible practice is to cheap out on the motherfucking payroll. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

My day has been made.

yeah my day gets made because of obvious jokes about people losing their jobs too -__-

yeah my day gets made because of obvious jokes about people losing their jobs too -__-

I lost my job on Friday because the company I worked for decided to cheap out on the IT department.

So yeah sorry if a couple of cheep puns made me crack up in laughter. 

I feel bad for the guys who lost their jobs it sucks. But a jokes a joke and it made me laugh.

FTR : Technically I quit right before but the way it all went down sure doesn't feel that way.

But again it was a joke, I laughed that is all.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Despite Ryse being a less-than-mediocre game, I hope Crytek pulls through. The Crysis series wasn't totally ground-breaking(aside from graphically in Crysis 1), but with their relatively large open levels and great visuals, I'd say that they're above average, compared to other shooters in the industry.

It sounds to me like all the people that have left Crytek already did so because they were unhappy and quit, not because they were fired.

If they get their corporate warface on they will make it trough this and be able to grow again. I am horrible.

But from what i could pickup most employees left on their own, i didn't read much about people being fired.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Here's hoping CIG gets cryengine and the cryengine devs.

Edit: and hoping that the midieval RPG works out to o!

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

this is sad to hear since it is one of the few good companies-yes i'm looking at you EA and ubistoft- hopefully they get thruogh this though time.

an other bad pun:

this seems quite a far cry for help.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

MAKE MORE CRYSIS AND FAR CRY

Push cry-engine  more (its freaking amazing, more people should use it)

As long as they make Crysis more like the first two (Crysis and Crysis wars) and not like the whored out Crysis 2 and 3, that would be fine. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Damn, this sucks :(

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Wonder if Sony posting roughly 100 job ads recently and Crytek having roughly 100 people leave at such similar times is purely a coincidence or if sony is trying to grab some of the Crytek Devs.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

which one 1,2 or 3? :P

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Give us another game like Crysis 1 or Far Cry 1.
A game that innovates in gameplay,a game that singleplayer can be replayed over and over again,a game with a mod support, and a game that pushes tech beyond anything you can run today.
I miss the old Crytek :/

RTX2070OC 

For how massive they were their output was really poor. It's not like they had a digital distribution platform to keep themselves afloat without making games like Valve.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

make another Crysis game that was like Crysis 1 and they will do just fine.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

which one 1,2 or 3? :P

I think that their situation warrants a sequel.............

Spoiler