Titan Z Sli

NightDemonz

HELP!!!!!

Ok, seriously. I am planning on getting 2 Titan Z's, and am lost as to how I can use sli with them. I'm pretty sure that the single sli connector on each card, means I need a band connector, right? And can I mount those onto my Rampage IV Black Edition, inside my Corsair 900d?

HELP!!!!!

Ok, seriously. I am planning on getting 2 Titan Z's, and am lost as to how I can use sli with them. I'm pretty sure that the single sli connector on each card, means I need a band connector, right? And can I mount those onto my Rampage IV Black Edition, inside my Corsair 900d?

yes, yes and yes. 

But what are you doing that you need sli titan z's...

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

What is the use of the machine? In most situations 2 of those is a poor idea.

Why, oh dear why, would you buy two Titan Z's...

But yes, one SLI bridge, and they'll be fine in your setup, as long as your PSU has enough wattage. 

HELP!!!!!

what @Tea1337 said. Your going to get better performance out of 4 titan blacks and save money..

so basically what you're saying is you're about to spend $6000 on something you could have for less than $4000... <_<

Oh, wow, posted that less than a minute ago. I am currently running 3 780 ti's in sli, with my 1300 watt. And I don't have room for 4 cards. The last slot would have to be occupied by a single slot GPU.

Oh, wow, posted that less than a minute ago. I am currently running 3 780 ti's in sli, with my 1300 watt. And I don't have room for 4 cards. The last slot would have to be occupied by a single slot GPU.

What are you running that you need so much horsepower...

Also, do realize, that 4 way sli isn't a whole gpu better than 3 way sli.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Its my cooling situation that is part of my issue, and the noise. And I know that 4 way sli isn't a whole step up from 3 way, and in some cases is worse. But why not? 

Its my cooling situation that is part of my issue, and the noise. And I know that 4 way sli isn't a whole step up from 3 way, and in some cases is worse. But why not? 

Because you're spending $6k on the basis of "why not" 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Then instead of grabbing new video cards to handle all of the noise and cooling, what about water cooling?

You case can easily handle the equipment, and you budget ought to allow it as well. Would keep the cards cooler, and it would be much more quiet.

Edit: You should easily be able to get waterblocks for your 780 Ti's, and mount a 480 rad in the bottom of the 900D. Would keep the loop nice and short.

What is the use of the machine? In most situations 2 of those is a poor idea.

In all situations it is a poor idea

Use the SLI connector that came with the GPU

I don't see any circumstances that you will need more GPU horsepower than 3 780ti's. Even gaming at 4K on max settings this is more than enough. 

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

To reiterate what several people have said already, what in the flying fuck are you trying to run that requires 2 Titan Zs?

Not trying to argue with you but what are you running that you need 2 Titan Zs. Not that I am trying to talk you out of it but you could probably save yourself thousands of dollars and get the same performance. I would say that about 98.9% of the time it would be useless and you would waste money, so why? I am just trying to help here.

unless he can prove he got the cash by taking a picture of his bank account with at least 4 zeros behind the first digit or stacks of bank notes

i will take this tread is just to feed the troll

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

That tax.... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

*jaw drops*

*close jaw*

*jaw drops again*

you better be playing 4K resolutions or we will choke you

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.