Should Linus do the wan show earlier for Europeans?

TheWall

it is on THIER schedule

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Lets see here,, There are people all over the world watching Linus' show.. Whatever time he picks will be inconvenient for some of them.

Deal with it. 

But shouldn't he pick a time that caters to largest amount of his audience possible, a time when he would get the most live viewers.

Judging by the poll at the top of this page it seems that (at the time of writing this) that would appear to be by broadcasting the show earlier.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

No.

You guys already have the good internet, that's enough. :P

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I'd love to see it a little bit earlier since it's 2:30am here but if they can't for [insert reasons here] it's ok.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

But shouldn't he pick a time that caters to largest amount of his audience possible, a time when he would get the most live viewers.

Judging by the poll at the top of this page it seems that (at the time of writing this) that would appear to be by broadcasting the show earlier.

And do you have any factual data to show that Europe is his largest audience?

Oh, and BTW, the poll is both fairly close and an extremely small sample size.. The WAN show gets around 4000 live viewers and about 60000 youtube views, so the 25 positive responses to the poll mean pretty much nothing..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

And do you have any factual data to show that Europe is his largest audience?

Oh, and BTW, the poll is both fairly close and an extremely small sample size.. The WAN show gets around 4000 live viewers and about 60000 youtube views, so the 25 positive responses to the poll mean pretty much nothing..

Firstly, I never said Europe was his largest audience, I said "shouldn't he pick a time that caters to largest amount of his audience possible, a time when he would get the most live viewers." This implies that he should select a time that will cater to as many people as possible and achieving this may require a change in air time.

Indeed the poll only consists of a small sample size, but it is the only information we have (at the time of writing) and it does suggest that changing the time makes sense. At the very least you have to admit that further investigation is required and all options should be considered.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

1) what about people in other countries.

2) I think they have this time slot locked in. As in they both have schedules before and after it.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

No, the show isn't really interactive so you don't loose out by not watching it live, therefore watching later on Youtube is perfectly acceptable, in fact it is significantly better, you can rewind and skip forward if you miss a bit or want to skip something, you can take your time, you can pause it and come back later.

And the only way to make it better for Europe would be to move it much much earlier, like by 4-6 hours, it just cannot happen, it's inconvenient to them and it's Friday night, people don't want their 7-10pm hours tied up and if it was shown then, then the people who go out or do other things wouldn't benefit from the change because they wouldn't watch it anyway.

There's just no reason to move it so a handful of people can watch it live, at the expense of loosing the larger North American audience in a preferable time, if the moved it 4-6 hours earlier then the NA times would move to midday or morning, when no-one there would watch it because of work or school.

Where it is now is the best it's going to get.

I don't think they will because it will interfere with NeweggTV.

Just watch the archive, that's what I do, that way I can pause whenever I want and not miss anything. I'm in NA by the way so I could watch it live.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Yes it would be nice, but they won't do it. Just 1-1,5h earlier would make a difference. I did some calculations about year ago to see how big the difference would be. The previous timeslot was also better to viewers. I've watched it live after new slot once and ain't gonna watch again due to my disagreements with some stuff they do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It works with my sleep pattern quite nicely where it is tbh.  Even if I miss it I can always just watch on YT.

Yes, that way i can actually watch live and don't have tp stay awake till 3AM ( Literally, when WAN show starts its 1:30-2:00 AM here...)

Interested in Business and Technology

I just wait for it to show up on Youtube.

That way I skip past the failed start attempts, audio problems, X Split problems, skip the crap Intro, and lengthy adverts.

I just watch it on YouTube a few days later, so it doesn't really bother me that much.

What are the Europeans giving in return?

Nothing, then major nopes.

Um, what?

The Americans give nothing in return either, so what's your point?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Um, what?

The Americans give nothing in return either, so what's your point?

He streams at his best time not the best time for American's or PST local people. Changing to a non ideal time (for him) has got to entail some benefit for him personally other than letting Europeans sleep. That's my point.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

He streams at his best time not the best time for American's or PST local people. Changing to a non ideal time (for him) has got to entail some benefit for him personally other than letting Europeans sleep. That's my point.

Oh like that :P:D

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

No because whats the point the majority of people watch it on youtube rather than twitch so it makes no difference what times the wan show

Does the show even needs to be a live stream? Linus rarely does guests nowadays and twitter blitz and audience participation is not only less common but also not necessary: A forum thread for questsions a few days in advance should suffice for interactivity. That way they can record the show at whatever time is convenient and put it as VoD early friday or whatever.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well, I just got used to not watching it. The time it is on, I am either insanely drunk or asleep.

Just a quick tip, Linus, the prime time for any stream is 22:00 GMT, which is 17:00 Eastern. That way, it is ideal for the majority of people.

Compatible with Windows 95

According to the straw poll the largest demographic in the viewership is European.

Anyway I'm asian, and I just watch it whenever it's convenient for me. So i'm ok with Linus / Slick recording it whenever it's convenient to them...