Metric vs the other one

I was watching Linus' video about the Razer Edge and noticed that when talking about the weight of the device he use pounds instead of grams.

So my question to the forum users, which of the two measurement systems do you use?

Also no matter the result of the poll, I would like it if Linus added metric system readings to his videos, because frankly pounds inches and the likes mean absolutely nothing to me, and probably to other viewers as well.

i use imp for parts 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

something like 3 countrys on the planet don't use the metric system. This is a international forum so I guess metric will win. But on the other side one pound is known on the hole world as ~500g

Australian here. Imperial system seems like a lot of work to me. The metric base 10 system seems so much simpler and more accurate I just don't see why the Yanks are still stuck on the old way. Even England has moved over. I though Canada used metric anyway?

I live in Australia and we use metric. It would be good if Linus would somehow have both measurements in his videos, although, I am not a huge fuss about this.

Speed: Imp

Distance: Imp

Height: Imp
Measuring short things: Metric
Weight: I honestly have no firm  grasp of the weight of a pound or a kilogram.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

i massure in both grew up learning both form my dad as he worked in normthern canada for a amarican oil company and they used both so i had to learn to use both he said

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Metric is so much better. If you see something in Imp or Metric and wana convert it just type into google for example: convert 5 grams to pounds

Just type: Convert( number of kg,g,pounds,etc. even other things like seconds,hours.currencies etc. all kinda things) to (again insert something) and you will get the results.

BLAOW!!!!

Weight: I honestly have no firm  grasp of the weight of a pound or a kilogram.

whooooot....how could that be? i mean how do you measure, compare anything? i mean you should know one of the two..

1 pound= 16 oz, 1 oz ~ 28g ^^

Andi, on 16 May 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

But on the other side one pound is known on the hole world as ~500g

Afaik it's actually 454g.

If someone here is talking about "Pfund" (pound in german) he means 500g, but you have to be carfull with the american pound. The difference is quite big.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

i'm studying to be an engeneer so i use metric, imperial, cgs and a weird one which i don't know it's name in english; but the main difference is that doesn't consider g(gravity acceleration) as constant

but i think that everyone should use the most comfortable one for each field so due to my lacation and country metric is the most easy to use; but it just doesn't really matter which one to use; just depends on your like

whooooot....how could that be? i mean how do you measure, compare anything? i mean you should know one of the two..

1 pound= 16 oz, 1 oz ~ 28g ^^

Yea i know their definitions, but i couldn't tell you how much something weighed if i was holding it.

i'm studying to be an engeneer so i use metric, imperial, cgs and a weird one which i don't know it's name in english; but the main difference is that doesn't consider g(gravity acceleration) as constant

welll whats its no english name?

I'm working with the Metric system everyday. But since the Institute I work at, has a partnership with Nasa, I have to use the Imperial system quite a bit too, and honestly ? It sucks balls

HxaIif9.jpg

but i think that everyone should use the most comfortable one for each field so due to my lacation and country metric is the most easy to use; but it just doesn't really matter which one to use; just depends on your like

You forget that we have 2 different thread(screw) types because of metric and imperial, alone for that there should be one standard for the world.

Afaik it's actually 454g.

If someone here is talking about "Pfund" (pound in german) he means 500g, but you have to be carfull with the american pound. The difference is quite big.

thats why i used "~" there is more than one defintion of pound, its more like 20 different, but they are all somewhere between 400-600g

welll whats its no english name?

sistema ingenieril (ingeneer systems of however u wnna call it)

gc = (Kg (mass)*m)/(Kg(force)*time^2(seconds))

so

gc* 1kg (force)= 1 kg(mass)*9.8 (m/s^2)

so gc is only used when force and mass appear in the same eccuation  and alwys multilying the force

Metric, much easier to calculate stuff. 

This also reminds me of this 

imperial_vs_metric.png

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

You forget that we have 2 different thread(screw) types because of metric and imperial, alone for that there should be one standard for the world.

thats why i used "~" there is more than one defintion of pound, its more like 20 different, but they are all somewhere between 400-600g

not really because for measuring specific heat capacity the imperial unit is BTU and for water is 1

but in metric is 4180 so that makes calculations a pain in the ass; however you can also use calories instead of joules which is also 1 because is refered to the kind of degree itself

or while measing viscosities in cgs the vistosity of water is 1 and in metric is 0.001 

sistema ingenieril (ingeneer systems of however u wnna call it)

gc = (Kg (mass)*m)/(Kg(force)*time^2(seconds))

i call that physics...standard stuff

but even worse than imperial is Cups/tablespoons in cooking recipes....i mean that is one fucked up system :D don't even know how to translate a really complex recipe into cups and stuff...

Metric, much easier to calculate stuff. 

This also reminds me of this 

Haha, perfect. As an Aussie myself i use metric day to day. I can only really calculate in Miles, inches and feet in my head otherwise ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Metric of course. It's the standard in my country. But I still find myself using inches and feet to describe lengths. Don't know what a "yard" is as a unit of measurement though.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

i call that physics...standard stuff

well that's not physics at all that is systems of reference and units because on metric system force is not kg is Pa as main unit; and the fact of considering two different kinds of "weight" make thinks quite different

Metric of course. It's the standard in my country. But I still find myself using inches and feet to describe lengths. Don't know what a "yard" is as a unit of measurement though.

yd = 3 feet

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Metric, only america ever uses imperial widescale iirc, everywhere else uses metric for most