What car would be the best in a zombie apocalypse?

Izaya Orihara

So I was thinking about what car would be the best during the zombie apocalypse. It needs to be big enough for me (I'm 6.4) to lay down in order to sleep and it should have room to fit extra gasoline in for me to be able to refill it if I run out of gas. 

So basicaly what is that car that would get the highest number in this equation  :

Amount of km it an do on a single fill+ amount of km it can drive with the amount of gasoline you can fit in there= Total amount of km.

Keep in mind that since the car will not always carry the same amount of weigth (since you will use up the gasoline) it will not always run at the same efficiency. 

I was thinking something like Mercedes Sprinter would be my best bet. 

Thanks. :) 

(Btw yes I know this is pointless but I would like to know it :P

I think you're right in choosing a van, but I'm not sure that the Mercedes Sprinter is your best choice.

The engine is really big and it's not that efficient.

I think you'd be better off with a Ford Transit. I'm pretty sure that has more space in the rear too.

A beetle

It has the most reliable engine

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

This is a hard one. For utility, I think a Jeep is preferred, but it's lighter than most vehicles, so plowing through the undead (worst case scenario) might not end well. 

Still, I think it's hard to beat.

If electric vehicles had more variety and were more reliable, I'd go with those. Just have some solar panels stored in them and charge up each day. Though again, for utility, you'd probably want a hybrid. That way, worst case scenario (no gas), you can at least move from time to time using solar panels to charge up on.

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse is all about hedging your bets. Covering the most worst case scenarios you can without sacrificing your ability to survive other worst case scenarios.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Then you come by marauders that decide to shoot just one bullet at you...

You hear it shatter, the glass scraping along the nape of your neck, as if kissing you goodbye

Almost in slo-motion, you look back, letting go of the wheel

The car veers to the left, hitting a limp walker, jerking your body forward and cracking your skull on the dash

The bullet is still going...

Your head bounces up, blood filling your vision...

But it's not gone yet...you're still able to see the sparks as the bullet scrapes through the thin sheet of metal holding your spare gasoline

You see it ignite at the hole, spewing flames and searing the flesh on your arm as you shield your face

Then everything is gone

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Hummer marauder (the one on the left).

8a81069d642bb3b16a0f706310bb7ed4.png

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Apparently this is a good option 

TWD-Hyundai-Sweepstakes-Car-560.jpg

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Full Size Pickup Trucks

Your best bet for taking lots of load lots of Gasoline with an ability to mow down lots of zombies without slowing down.

Compact Pickup Trucks

Full Size Pickup Trucks

Your best bet for taking lots of load lots of Gasoline with an ability to mow down lots of zombies without slowing down.

Easier to steal gasoline, or anything, from the bed of a truck, strapped in or not.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

toyota-prius-red-b02.jpg

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Easier to steal gasoline, or anything, from the bed of a truck, strapped in or not.

Easier to set up a heavy machine gun as well :D

Its a Zombie Apocalypse I am sure he is driving to survive :D

And kill lots of Zombies and people while he is at it!

So I was thinking about what car would be the best during the zombie apocalypse. It needs to be big enough for me (I'm 6.4) to lay down in order to sleep and it should have room to fit extra gasoline in for me to be able to refill it if I run out of gas. 

So basicaly what is that car that would get the highest number in this equation  :

Amount of km it an do on a single fill+ amount of km it can drive with the amount of gasoline you can fit in there= Total amount of km.

Keep in mind that since the car will not always carry the same amount of weigth (since you will use up the gasoline) it will not always run at the same efficiency. 

I was thinking something like Mercedes Sprinter would be my best bet. 

Thanks. :)

(Btw yes I know this is pointless but I would like to know it :P

The bat mobile from the latest trilogy with a modified semi solar engine for when you run out of gas.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Take your pick (locks can be added):

hard-truck-bed-covers_pest-ft.jpg

truck_covers_usa_025.jpg

chevyRaisedTonneau.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Lamborghini Aventador because you will die anyway.

#yolo

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I would use the white jeep in the picture.

photo-784239.jpg

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Still kind of disappointed that nobody's mentioned motor homes. You don't need to ALWAYS be moving. There's also some pretty powerful RV's out there, I'd bet that you could fine one to shack up in a forest for a month plus easily, that'll still start up and plow through a horde to get your ass out of there. Also built to be VERY insulated, and weather resistant, meaning more bullet-proof by default. And, they're built to keep animals out, which means that crawlers and other zombie folk will have at least a bit more of a problem getting in.

I'd take an 80s diesel ford F150/F250 4x4.

You're gonna make it.

plow_on_truck.jpg

To the truck argument; Go ahead with the OP's van suggestion, because that space that's being heavily capped by after-market cabinets, covers, and locks when you go with a truck, could be used for living space. Also, in a van, the stuff is accessible without getting out of the vehicle.

1982_mercedes_benz_200_w123_body_restore

All day everyday!

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Hummer marauder (the one on the left).

Paramount Group - Marauder* It's not made by hummer (car guy nitpicking)

I'd either choose the Toyota Hi-Lux pick up truck or a Nissan Navara King cab (D21 model) Since you can mend it with a brick

Or a volvo FL6 lorry with a diesel tank welded to the bed and a smaller house built on the rest of the bed.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

To the truck argument; Go ahead with the OP's van suggestion, because that space that's being heavily capped by after-market cabinets, covers, and locks when you go with a truck, could be used for living space. Also, in a van, the stuff is accessible without getting out of the vehicle.

So I'm good to go? :P I would also try to mod the car inorder to be able to refill the car from inside. 

All day everyday!

*hugs seiny*

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Best of both worlds?

Earthroamer-xv-lts-SC.png

† Christian Member †