STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

@Askew, I'm done with my list. I had to recolor some titles because I had made a mistake the first time. Totals for all of it are at the top of the spoiler now. Might want to read through and check the ones I re-categorized.

OK awesome, I'm just preparing to update OP with the new sale items in 10 minutes so I'll have a look in there afterward for sure. :)

I just finished Witcher 2: Assasins of Kings.. best $4 i ever spent in my life probably.
And now i can't stop watching the trailer for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
OMG CD PROJEKT RED HAND IT OVER

I just finished Witcher 2: Assasins of Kings.. best $4 i ever spent in my life probably.

And now i can't stop watching the trailer for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

OMG CD PROJEKT RED HAND IT OVER

Story of my life after picking up Witcher 2 a while back, now play it again to see the other 2/3 of that story bro.

Did you go with Iorveth or with Vernon Roche?

What? I thought it was a multi platform game? What is different on Wii U, touch control?

The touch controls on that screen make for a very awesome experience and a different experience for the player using it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Ok just purchased Castle Crashers and the DLC.  I got one copy for local 2 player to 4 player play.  Anyone have luck getting this running properly with 2 to 4 controllers connected to one pc?  Is it difficult to get going?  I also have to say I wish I just got it on console but this was just too cheap to resist.  ($1.49 + 2 x 9 cent DLC)

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

One word to sum up todays selection and prices.... MEH.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Insta-buys imo:
Bioshock Infinite
Batman: Arkham Origins
Final Fantasy VII

I seriously considered buying Origins, but then I realized I haven't even got 20% into Asylum and I haven't touched City yet. I will probably finish Asylum then City by the time the Winter Sale is here. :P So yeah. Gonna wait this one out.

In other news, I got a Foil Steam Adventure card. Sold it for $1.75. Now I can purchase another Steam Adventure Badge. :D 

... Kinda wish I had the money to buy the Foil Steam Adventure cards. .... Wait. I just realized while typing this. I do! :D Huzzah for extra side work! 

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Insta-buys imo:

Bioshock Infinite

Batman: Arkham Origins

Final Fantasy VII

I seriously considered buying Origins, but then I realized I haven't even got 20% into Asylum and I haven't touched City yet. I will probably finish Asylum then City by the time the Winter Sale is here. :P So yeah. Gonna wait this one out.

Infinite is my pick of the day, just the OST alone warrants a buy IMO, that choral rendition of 'will the circle be unbroken' that plays at the beginning is so delicious to my ears that I sometimes listen to it on youtube by itself.

FFVII has one issue that annoys me, and that is the battles all run at 15fps, I'm not so keen on that TBH.

Anyone ever play infested planet? Is it worth it

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Infinite is my pick of the day, just the OST alone warrants a buy IMO, that choral rendition of 'will the circle be unbroken' that plays at the beginning is so delicious to my ears that I sometimes listen to it on youtube by itself.

FFVII has one issue that annoys me, and that is the battles all run at 15fps, I'm not so keen on that TBH.

Agreed. I love the steampunk/1912 rendition of Girls just wanna have fun. Don't judge me! D:

Yeah, that I can understand. I'm sure there's a mod for it though if you look.

I have to say Child of Light does have a lovely artstyle to it.

That... looks like it's worth buying. Just a weeee bit expensive for me though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@Askew, the daily deals changed. Final Fantasy VII is no longer a daily deal. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is now a Daily Deal. Not sure why. Maybe Steam ran out of keys.

† Christian Member †

The Secret World flash sale guys: best MMO ever!

(Not even joking, fuck metacritic)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Story of my life after picking up Witcher 2 a while back, now play it again to see the other 2/3 of that story bro.

Did you go with Iorveth or with Vernon Roche?
Don't click if you haven't played Witcher 2!
I went with Iorveth first round through, gonna rerun and side with Roche this time :)

Heck, I'll probably go back to try all the alternate paths.. Freeing Phillipa in the dungeons, killing Aryan La Valette or something. Absolutely love how choices do affect the flow the game.

@Askew, the daily deals changed. Final Fantasy VII is no longer a daily deal. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is now a Daily Deal. Not sure why. Maybe Steam ran out of keys.

Thanks a lot, I have updated the image in OP, sorry for the slow response but there's a river opposite my house and it's a nice evening so I was out walking a while, nothing for a break from PC quite like strolling by a river.

Tiny ducks

:D

ea06a2d4487f3801f6746a43025e278d.png

Thinking about getting Bioshock Infinite Season Pass (50% off) and Child of Light (25% off), assuming they don't get bigger discounts.  

Thinking about getting Bioshock Infinite Season Pass (50% off) and Child of Light (25% off), assuming they don't get bigger discounts.  

Child of Light will get bigger discount but you'll have to wait until later in the year, maybe the winter sale.

Bioshock Infinte season pass went on a flash sale for 75% off last sale and I got it at that price, however the main game's as cheap as it's going to get and I wouldn't 100% count on the season pass going 75% off.

To be honest the game+season pass is well worth the buy at the current price, it's a very memorable experience both the game and the 2 pieces of Burial at Sea DLC.

Don't click if you haven't played Witcher 2!

I went with Iorveth first round through, gonna rerun and side with Roche this time :)

Heck, I'll probably go back to try all the alternate paths.. Freeing Phillipa in the dungeons, killing Aryan La Valette or something. Absolutely love how choices do affect the flow the game.

Well as you play the campaign with Iorveth you will see that you operate from outside of Henselt's army camp, play again and go with Roche and

You will find the latter part of the campaign actually operates from

within Henselt's camp and you work directly for him and his sorcerer, there are also some side quests that only initiate from that side of the campaign along with various other things that can/can't be done.

You will see that there are some characters you only meet/learn certain things about in one side of the campaign or the other, it's such a well constructed experience and carries very high replay value IMHO

Child of Light will get bigger discount but you'll have to wait until later in the year, maybe the winter sale.

Bioshock Infinte season pass went on a flash sale for 75% off last sale and I got it at that price, however the main game's as cheap as it's going to get and I wouldn't 100% count on the season pass going 75% off.

To be honest the game+season pass is well worth the buy at the current price, it's a very memorable experience both the game and the 2 pieces of Burial at Sea DLC.

Child of Light only came out a few months ago so what your saying makes sense, but I'm finding it quite compelling right now.

Already have Bioshock Infinite game so I'm just after the season pass, currently 50% off on daily sale, wondering if it will go to 75%, this is a tough call. 

Child of Light only came out a few months ago so what your saying makes sense, but I'm finding it quite compelling right now.

Already have Bioshock Infinite game so I'm just after the season pass, currently 50% off on daily sale, wondering if it will go to 75%, this is a tough call.

Even if it doesn't it is highly likely to come back on the last day as a daily or a flash, like I said though, it is worth it even at 50%.

Waiting may pay off, it may not who knows.

Even if it doesn't it is highly likely to come back on the last day as a daily or a flash, like I said though, it is worth it even at 50%.

Waiting may pay off, it may not who knows.

Yeah, you never know, I've already bought some games and I'm sure I'll get a few more so holding off may not be a bad idea. 

I hate Season Passes and DLC collections... I feel the need to have everything when I buy a game unless it's entirely optional and/or cosmetic like the Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC which were mostly challenge maps and grinding, money, and farming maps or whatever the hell's going on with Saint's Row IV. When it comes to story add-ons or expansions like Bioshock's DLCs and Borderland's DLCs: I NEED TO HAVE THEM. I don't like playing a game and finding out that because of stupid DLC shit, I only know about 80% to 90% of the story. This is also why I don't like Assassin's Creed sometimes, especially II, Brotherhood, and Revelations which had DLC that took place during the main story rather than after like in III where it was an epilogue or IV where the DLC was a side story to Edward since Aveline wasn't even alive during Ed's lifetime.

I now regret not picking up the Bioshock collection during its flash sale, but I might pick it up and hope that the Season Pass and Minerva's Den goes on a flash sale during the Steam Sale or a general sale soon.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Can somebody tell me what is the fourth game on current vote for the community choice on "Story Rich - Female Protagonist" category is?

I can see Mass Effect, Gone Home, Walking Dead but I can't see the fourth game.(This means it's not available in my region but I'm just curious.)

-snip-

I hate when there is no one big package that gathers all the content. Tomb Raider is ridiculous. It has 26 DLCs, but the Game of the Year Edition only comes with 23 of them. But the king of that ridiculous practice is Borderlands with billion DLCs that no edition fully covers.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Can somebody tell me what is the fourth game on current vote for the community choice on "Story Rich - Female Protagonist" category is?

It is Dragon Age: Origins

I hate games with a ridiculous amount of DLC also, Saints Row games are notorious for it.