STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Still in early access, so I wouldn't play it even if someone gifted it to me.

Wasteland 2 does look interesting, I like post apocalyptic environments but I don't do early access. I will only pay money for a finished game.

I paid for Early Access to Loadout and then it became Free to Play. Bastards.

dang my wallet was still recovering from a massive computer/monitor upgrade but whats a gaming pc with no games 

:lol:

Exactly. Choke the last dime out of your wallet.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I paid for Early Access to Loadout and then it became Free to Play. Bastards.

I had that happen to me before, so I understand your pain. Really sucks man. :(

tumblr_mvpxo8JuGn1ruxsuko1_500.gif

Pretty much. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Holy crap. WOO! GO GREEN TEAM!

As of this posting:
14497547403_de1e4f7f22_o.png

*insert Homer Simpson Sandbox GIF*

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

As of this posting:

I have to say there have been some radical and unexplainable results in this whole thing, 4 teams within 1K of each other and one team just speedballing ahead?

Isn't this the second time this has happened?

As of this posting:

Wow, Team Green is way ahead! :o  Go Team Green! :D

I have to say there have been some radical and unexplainable results in this whole thing, 4 teams within 1K of each other and one team just speedballing ahead?

Isn't this the second time this has happened?

Yeah, Purple team was 80k ahead of everyone else on Day 1. 

I think it has to do with people hoarding cards, but never making badges (since that gives points) until things like this happen. Though I can't remember if we've ever had this type of competition before. *shrugs*

I mean, if one guy bought $7,000 worth of cards (like the highest leveled people have before), and crafted them all on a single day, that could seriously skew the scores. I don't know. I'm just guessing.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeah, Purple team was 80k ahead of everyone else on Day 1. 

I think it has to do with people hoarding cards, but never making badges (since that gives points) until things like this happen. Though I can't remember if we've ever had this type of competition before. *shrugs*

I mean, if one guy bought $7,000 worth of cards (like the highest leveled people have before), and crafted them all on a single day, that could seriously skew the scores. I don't know. I'm just guessing.

That potential scenario reminds me of development teams who make large 'donations' to their own Kickstarter. :D

:lol:

Exactly. Choke the last dime out of your wallet.

Not Exactly some money made it out alive before the sale :)

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

damn those prices of the summer cards are dropping fast

I don't understand why STEAM can't back peddle considering they have such a large market, what other option do people have? Uplay sales? No. so what is the big deal. Especially if they can find a way to tell people why they are doing it, to save their longterm business, then i'm sure people would understand. Also its unlikely that another company would take their place due to the fact they they would run into the problems Valve is having at the moment. Please explain.

SHould i get skyrim fopr 5$?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Got Arkham Origins for £5.74 and Hitman Absolution for £2.99, hope they're worth it. 

Got 5 games for exactly 30€ so far

Far cry 3

The witcher 2

Skyrim legendary edition

Batman arkham city

Hitman absolution

All are pretty big titles which is great because i kind of wanted to play all of them for a while now. I already had skyrim on the 360 but that was before modding became popular xP

Cant wait to see whats up next, am still hoping for portal 2 and metro to go on sale

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Got Arkham Origins for £5.74 and Hitman Absolution for £2.99, hope they're worth it. 

Got 5 games for exactly 30€ so far

Far cry 3

The witcher 2

Skyrim legendary edition

Batman arkham city

Hitman absolution

All are pretty big titles which is great because i kind of wanted to play all of them for a while now. I already had skyrim on the 360 but that was before modding became popular xP

Cant wait to see whats up next, am still hoping for portal 2 and metro to go on sale

Some good titles for both of you, if you don't already own that group of titles they're great value.

Missed Hitman Absolution and Sniper Elite v2 but Borderlands 2 and Tomb Raider are now both $5 :D

ps: Natural Selection for $3.75!!

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

After Hitman I now got Metro: Last Light, Metal Gear Rising and Sleeping Dogs for 20€. Nice! This sale has been pretty successful so far. Hmm, Tomb Raider also looks interesting for 5 bucks, is it worth expanding this years budget a bit?

After Hitman I now got Metro: Last Light, Metal Gear Rising and Sleeping Dogs for 20€. Nice! This sale has been pretty successful so far. Hmm, Tomb Raider also looks interesting for 5 bucks, is it worth expanding this years budget a bit?

IMO yeah, it's a good game for the price and today's sales have some good items.

Purchased Metro: :Last Light Complete, Sleeping Dog Complete and The Wolf Amung Us.

But WTH is up with the South Park price? Its been as low as £15 in the UK so I thought Steam would at least go that low. Its currently £26.79 on sale.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

IMO yeah, it's a good game for the price and today's sales have some good items.

And in just 5 years I could play it with Tress FX enabled, when GPUs finally have enough power for it!

Purchased Metro: :Last Light Complete, Sleeping Dog Complete and The Wolf Amung Us.

But WTH is up with the South Park price? Its been as low as £15 in the UK so I thought Steam would at least go that low. Its currently £26.79 on sale.

Yeah, that's weird. 33% off is not amazing, it's actually pretty awful. Not to mention that I won't play it anyway because Ubisoft decided to censor the EU version for some reason.....