What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

Children do not understand what Mac computers are truly built for. A lot of kids nowadays bug their parents to death for one on Christmas because 1. It is the most expensive laptop, so it must be top of the line. 2. It kinda looks cool to them and think it will make everyone jealous around other people. Every time I load a video on YouTube for a tutorial on how to do something with my Mac, its always some 10-12 year old unorganized kid. Mac computers are built for work. Not to play. If a 12 year old wants to play, the parents should just buy that kid a Wii U or something. But if he insists on a computer, then just get a cheap netbook or something. Besides, most kids just want to play Minecraft on the Mac anyway. I'll be getting a PC soon. Mainly for gaming and other media purposes such as movies. The Mac I currently have will be wiped for this upcoming school year as I do not want to use the cheap Chromebooks they want us to rent for a year...like I said, something a lot of people fail to realize, not only kids, but sometimes adults, is that Macs are built for ease of use and getting things done. 

I agree with you 100% on this. Being a teen myself, I see my peers around me always wanting a Mac computer and they always complain that PCs are really slow and horrible compared to macs and they are way easier to use. Most kids these days don't know sh*t about computers and all they want is ridiculous overpriced tech stuff such as most apple computers and Beats by Dre. 

Life.exe is missing

i dont like apple computers because they are so overpriced the mac pro is an exception because when you consider its workstation hardware it isnt that overpriced and also why doesnt apple allow people to get driver updates from nvidia and not a fault of apple but so many games dont work with mac os 

i dont like apple computers because they are so overpriced the mac pro is an exception because when you consider its workstation hardware it isnt that overpriced and also why doesnt apple allow people to get driver updates from nvidia and not a fault of apple but so many games dont work with mac os 

the reason OSX works so well is because its limited to very specific hardware. 

And in the long run, macs really aren't that overpriced. A mac can easily compete with a windows-based computer with much greater specs (gaming excluded) simply because one is optimized well and the other isn't--not that its a fault of windows that its not optimized...its just a necessity. Anyway, you shouldn't be valuing something based on how much the hardware inside costs, but rather based on how it performs. Its also worth mentioning that Apple products are usually very well thought out and cost a lot of money to R&D--which all has to be factored into the cost. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I agree with you 100% on this. Being a teen myself, I see my peers around me always wanting a Mac computer and they always complain that PCs are really slow and horrible compared to macs and they are way easier to use. Most kids these days don't know sh*t about computers and all they want is ridiculous overpriced tech stuff such as most apple computers and Beats by Dre. 

Ah Beats by Dre...the headphones that will last you about 2 weeks before snapping. Not to mention they make you look weird. The only good thing about them is their bass. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Mac computers are built for work. Not to play

Please direct those comments at Apple, since they're the ones marketing them for the general consumer.

Seriously no idea why this is 8 pages long, I think the question "what do people hate about apple" has been asked and answer, within the first 3 pages or so, you should mark it solved.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Please direct those comments at Apple, since they're the ones marketing them for the general consumer.

Seriously no idea why this is 8 pages long, I think the question "what do people hate about apple" has been asked and answer, within the first 3 pages or so, you should mark it solved.

It was answered many years ago. There are way too many of these topics.

Honestly. The reason so many people (vocally) hate on Apple, is because there's so many people that never shut up about how awesome they are.

I think Linus has mentioned this on the WAN show before. A sort of 'counter culture' effect.

Personally, I don't dislike their products that much. But I've grown to dislike Apple as a company, mainly because along with their fans, they simply irritate me. 

Honestly. The reason so many people (vocally) hate on Apple, is because there's so many people that never shut up about how awesome they are.

I think Linus has mentioned this on the WAN show before. A sort of 'counter culture' effect.

Personally, I don't dislike their products that much. But I've grown to dislike Apple as a company, mainly because along with their fans, they simply irritate me. 

Exactly, nothing rubs me the wrong faster than a combination of arrogance and ignorance.  Especially the ones that just ignore the facts as their laid out and go off on a tangent to try and prove a pointless opinion.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i dislike the way they control the market for very few good reasons. only thing i can see in apple is their great design team, they kill it all the time with their new designs.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

They are definitely overpriced here in the UK. No doubt.

Also, funnily enough i have had macs erase my usb drives, crash and power off while im working (imac not macbook) and have had no issues with windows.

Any computer can crash, but the USB thing was most likely a human error.

OSX isnt based on Linux ....

They run a butchered Linux Kernal.

They are locked down tight.

All the fan boys insist "ohh I don't need an antivirus its a MAC" ... WRONG.

They ARE overpriced for what they are.

*fishing line out*

----

ps - I don't hate Apple its just my reasons I Dislike them.

Mac and Linux are both based on a system called UNIX

Use what makes you happy and let others use what makes them happy. 

If you get angered by their comments or fanboyism and can't learn to just ignore them, YOU have bigger issues to deal with. Fanboys will always be fanboys, learn how to deal with it (read: ignore and move on like a grown up instead of descending to their level and then getting beaten by them because they are more experienced) 

Any computer can crash, but the USB thing was most likely a human error.

I'm not stupid mate, I ejected the USB drive, removed it, and when I plugged it into another mac it prompted a format. Same thing on a windows PC.

When stability and reliability are some of the main arguments for buying apple put forward to me by others, and I personally have contradictory experiences, do you think I will trust others words (without a shred of evidence) or my own experiences? There is no objective proof for this argument, and my subjective experiences are contradictory, so I don't buy or recommend apple. Simple as.

Any computer can crash, but the only time I've had BSOD's were when overclocking and when using an underpowered psu for a high end system, both my fault. The Mac crashed while i was working on a text document and powerpoint simultaneously without anything else open. Like I said, my own experiences. Not saying macs are less reliable, but from what I can see they certainly aren't more reliable or stable, which is as stated previously a favourite argument for the icrowd.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Yeah I know

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Use what makes you happy and let others use what makes them happy. 

If you get angered by their comments or fanboyism and can't learn to just ignore them, YOU have bigger issues to deal with. Fanboys will always be fanboys, learn how to deal with it (read: ignore and move on like a grown up instead of descending to their level and then getting beaten by them because they are more experienced) 

I have a problem, I work in education and it is my job not to ignore ignorance but educate people to find ways to work around any flaws they can't change and change the flaws they can.  If I start  to ignore the fanboys then my whole professional existence becomes unstable.  

EDIT: oh and 6% of the population do use what makes them happy, it seems though that some of them don't like being the minority

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I definitely wouldn't call myself an apple guy, and consider many of their products to be overpriced, but when it comes down to laptops I hands down prefer mac/osx. The main reason is the touchpad, Windows has terrible touchpad support and the drivers for every single touchpad I've used in windows are just awful. Even basic stuff like two finger scrolling is usually pretty janky and inconsistent. I actually used linux on my last two laptops, just because I couldn't stand using the touchpad in windows, the two finger scrolling actually worked much better/more consistently in ubuntu.

With OSX you get amazing support for the touchpad, system wide gestures and smooth scrolling integration. There is plenty of things I dislike about OSX (the terrible window management for one), but this makes it worth it to me. The awesome battery life that this MBA has is the other thing :), I usually only end up having to charge it ever few days. At the time I purchased it, I was also looking at windows ultrabooks, and none of them had comparable battery life at the ~1000 dollar price range.

Eh, no they aren't?

OS X is certified as Unix but Linux based OSes are not.

GNU, which is a fairly big part of most Linux based OSes even stands for "GNU's Not Unix". You could call it a Unix clone though.

You can make Windows mostly POSIX compliant as well with things like Cygwin and Interix, but that doesn't make Windows "based on Unix".

Eh, no they aren't?

OS X is certified as Unix but Linux based OSes are not.

GNU, which is a fairly big part of most Linux based OSes even stands for "GNU's Not Unix". You could call it a Unix clone though.

You can make Windows mostly POSIX compliant as well with things like Cygwin and Interix, but that doesn't make Windows "based on Unix".

And if we created a VM in a windows server then ran OSX and in that we opened an VM virtual box then installed linux, We could potentially have linux in osx running on windows which proves the whole fucking discussion about OS origins is moot and of no value to the OP. 

People no one cares where each OS came from, they all work fine.  Unless there is a very specific need for an OS,  you may as well use the color of the case as your reasoning as to why one system is better than another.

Here is why I dislike Apple.

Steve Jobs was one of the worst human beings I can think of (except real criminals) and I have explained why in this post. It makes me sick when people idolize him.

The fans never shuts the hell up about how everyone is copying Apple (and then completely disregards any instance of Apple copying others).

• The fans always defends Apple product's lack of features, saying that adding those features are bad or not needed. Then when Apple finally adds that feature they say it's the best thing ever. It happened when Apple moved from PowerPC to x86 (first Apple fans said x86 was worse and then they did a 180 and said PowerPC was bad after Apple announced they would make the switch).
  • It happened with multitasking on iOS. When Android had it but iOS didn't they said it was a useless feature and just used up your RAM. Now they say it's good.
  • It happened when Steam was announced for OS X. Before they said OS X didn't need games because people with Macs got work done, like video editing and graphics design. When Steam was announced they went "woho games! Take that Windows fanboys! We got games now!".
  • It happened when Bootcamp was announced. First they said they didn't need Windows because OS X did everything they needed, and now they go "Woho I can use my Windows programs in Bootcamp now!"
  • It happened with the iPhone screen size as well. People saying that 3.5" was the absolute best size and anything bigger was too big because they couldn't reach stuff anymore. Then the 4" iPhone was announced and everyone went "yes a bigger screen! Finally!".

You might think "oh but those are different people saying the before and after stuff". No... I have seen plenty of people say that feature X is bad, and then a few months later when Apple announces it, it's a great feature.

Another thing I dislike about Apple is their lawsuits... Not just against Samsung for stuff like "slide to unlock" and "black rectangle with a grid of colorful icons" but they are also suing things like a café in Germany because their logo is an apple.

Another thing I dislike about Apple is their lawsuits... Not just against Samsung for stuff like "slide to unlock" and "black rectangle with a grid of colorful icons" but they are also suing things like a café in Germany because their logo is an apple.

Not to mention that nokia had icons before iphone, LG, nokia and samsung all had rectangles with rounded corners before Iphone, Slide to unlock existed before Iphone, capacitive touchscreen existed before iphone.  The general shape and style of smartphones was a thing before iphone, the android os was first developed in 2003 making it pre ios, yet the amount of times we have to hear about apple being the innovator in smartphones is nauseating.

@LAwLz

I'm pretty sure we all feel the same way....no one likes fan boys in general, and Apple fan boys jut suck as they're usually either stupid or completely technology deficient. In any case, that's not a reason to not like apple products....just ignore those idiots and be done.

Ya, apple's legal practices do really piss me off...

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The main thing I hate about Apple is the marketing and how they sell general consumers things they don't need, Oh and the prices are ridiculous for hardware that's really not that special 

For me it is the fact that they are so locked up, and upon breaking parts the cost to get replacements are absolutely absurd.

Add to this: You cant even max them out any more with out paying a fortune.

They also look amazing :)

Looking for a Programming Project take a look here!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407332-looking-for-a-project-idea-start-here/