What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

It annoys me that kids these days are only playing on iPads and are becoming brainwashed by the simplicity of it that they don't know how to use anything else. The locked down experience is spoiling people to thinking Apple is the best for everything, which it isn't.

Source: Kids react

They run a butchered Linux Kernal.

They are locked down tight.

All the fan boys insist "ohh I don't need an antivirus its a MAC" ... WRONG.

They ARE overpriced for what they are.

*fishing line out*

----

ps - I don't hate Apple its just my reasons I Dislike them.

Not a Linux kernel. They're still using Unix xD

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I eat popcorn kernels xD

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Yes they are overpriced. The rock solid stability has nothing to do with what you're mainly paying for which is the hardware: Equal hardware running on Linux is even more stable and a pretty similar experience if you could use the apps apple intentionally hijacks behind their ecosystem. If you must have OSX then use a hackintosh.

There's little software that's exclusive to OSX and cannot be run (either the same or an equivalent competitor) on Windows and sometimes even Linux. The "function" part is meaningless, people get macs because of the stupid fashion don't kid yourself.

AIO desktops are stupid, there's enough PC form factors to avoid such stupidity, even tiny m-ITX cases can fit 100x better cooling solutions and in some cases avoid stupid hardware restrictions like mobile based GPUs. The existence of cases like the Silverstone Raven make the AIO form factor useless.

All of which are available on standard workstation form factors. If I had designer employees who requested a Mac pro and somehow resisted the urge to immediately fire them on the spot, I would reply "I'm not going to sacrifice upgradeability, expandability and customizeability just so you can have a stupid trash can PC, fuck off back to work"

1. Not true. The hardware that is made with from Apple is specially designed. Even take a look at fan design, I would bet it would almost be superior to Noctua if they had a laptop fan.

2. Actually, all the software that comes with OSX is exclusive to it. And sure, they're is equivalent competitors for Windows. However Mac comes with this software, Windows DOES NOT. 

Just to buy the software for windows would be at an insane cost for equivalent software. In fact, show me a pcpartpicker.com custom desktop, or even a laptop from anywhere, 

and then in the same build include all the equivalent software and make it come to the same as a mac. Seriously, do it, if you can do it I'll give you a free game key to Diablo 3 ROS.

3. AIO desktops are not stupid. This just in, customers don't care about cooling, upgrading, or hardware restrictions. What they do care about are, productivity, work space, and management. All which is easier on an AIO to a customer.

Plug in a power cable and thats it, ready to go. No other cables that's it. It's simple, it's easy. And iMac's cooling system is good design.

4. Again you are not thinking of the customer base. Customers do not care about upgradeability, expandability, or customizeability. They simply want something that lasts a long time, and will work for a long time. When they need another one down     the road they will buy another one. The Mac Pro features hardware at a price competitive edge, and then you get the software as well. You keep forgetting about the software on OSX and how valuable it is, how much it is worth.

You are clearly a PC fanboy, and cannot see an unbiased conversation. You only see the value in custom building, not customer base.

In fact, I bet you I could sell a Mac Pro to a customer easier than a $3000 or whatever custom PC just because of the software that comes with Mac.

For number "2" though, please do that, I will legitimately give you a key if you can. 

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

People don't understand exactly what they are paying the pricey price tag for,

"Just 5 mm thin at its edge, iMac packs a remarkably powerful computer into a gorgeous design."

new-imac.jpg

You are paying for IMO the beautiful design and enginering of the machiene not whats inside, the OS the super super super stable and userfriendly OSX that is polished from top to bottom!

I am no fan of Apple Computer Products because for the $ I will build my own Super PC. But take this example, I love absoutly love the iPhone. iOS is okay and I like it but I really love the design and engerineering of the phone itself its simple elegant and it feels well constructed in the hand, it never felt cheap.

That is what you are paying for people, the know in your head that when you push the pwoer button on your iMac that it will instantly tun on, no need to mess with Bios or tweak anything tis just ready and always will be. Yea were nerds and thats now what we like, i love building PCs and taking hours to tweak but not everyone is like us.

That is all.

I built my friend his recording studio Hackintosh for around $1k and this was 1-2 years ago, when SSD's where still 1-.80 per GB and take a look, I love his machiene

6zah4n.png

The MOBO is just so fucking sexy tho

z77-up5.jpg

http://distilleryvesper6-2.ak.instagram.com/40f91732deb911e2868a22000a9f18a6_101.mp4

I say this because, I had a very bad Gypsie attack...they stole my wife, plow... and they touch my horse in a very bad way... he got very depressed.

Explain why server environments run variations of unix.

You do realize that Mac OS is a variation of Unix

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

The things that bug me about apple are are:

• Lack of open-ness
  • Lack of ability to customize/upgrade hardware 
  • Amount of proprietary standards for software and hardware
  • Stubborn-ness in regards to the adoption of features that have become standard in the industry (cough NFC cough)
  • Some of their marketing
  • Patent trolling 
  • Lack of window snap on OSX (not having it pisses me off so much when ever I try to use a Mac)
  • Staying with OSX so long that people call it "O-S-X" instead of "O-S-Ten" and not at least hinting at OSXI (OS 11)

Alright, can we not talk about iMac and Mac mini, they are desktops that use mobile hardware and are stupid so can we just talk about the things that actually matter? Please give me an example is all i'm asking for, show me something clearly superior to an apple device

Mobile hardware in a desktop? Pah!:

Mobile hardware isn't bad hardware. It means it's incredibly power efficient. People don't understand that the reason Apple use mobile chips is because the general audience for a given price point don't need super-powerful hardware.

This reminds me of greasy and obnoxious sales people. You should buy this product, because it's faster. If only people asked themselves... will they ever use the full power of the machine?

Couple this with apples excellent design philosophy, and you get a piece of beautiful hardware, that has enough horsepower as one would need to ensure the machine meets thermal requirements and stays reliable in the process. Bingo. I want one.

There's why.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Also, OS X is not locked down. People assume because iOS is, that the Mac market is.
Apple have a high mobile market share - security is paramount. Apps have to be restrictive however Apple have worked REALLY hard to reduce this in iOS 8 with 3rd party apps and cross-app communication platforms.

There's a reason that Apple have to be locked down. Apple products are designed to be simple for people that don't know how to protect themselves. Android is missing this! Android phones DO get breached!

However, you can always get around this on iOS with jailbreaking. There's nothing wrong with jailbreaking. If you're happy to root your Android phone and not complain about it you should be happy to jailbreak and install Cydia too. It feels like people are coming up with excuses to hate Apple and it's really annoying.

• Lack of open-ness

...indeed they are locked down, along with the proprietariness of all of their hardware...

They are locked down tight.

am not Trolling the OS in apple products are locked down.

For me it is the fact that they are so locked up

And finally, this noob:

3. People think its for designers because it has 'retina' display. We have 1440p and 4k, paired with a good PC then well, you can do more than what you can in a mac.

Yeah well Windows hi-res is absolutely appalling. If you wanna have a sub-par hi-res experience be my guest. No support for hi-res on Windows.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Like I said before everyone is entitled to an opinion. A lot of unnecessary work is needed for what we want. My hugeee issue with Apple is not the company itself but fanboys they ridicule anyone for not using a mac or iPhone; even if you own a previous and not more powerful piece of hardware they complain. Ie I took my sister to upgrade her phone from the 4 to the 5c and two guys there grilled me and her for letting her get a 5c because ohhhh it's so much worse than the 5 and 5s. I'm sorry but sister wants color and plastic not glass because at the time she was 12! Idk if you guys know how kids are these days buttt they drop EVERYTHING!

Also on more thing that really grinds my gears is proprietary ness of the parts in their computers. That is what I meant by locked down mainly

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

I think apples PC's are stupidly overpriced..but I must admit I am a iphone user and I love it

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

The Mac Pro is stupid!:

This has been busted by Linus himself. I will pay you $10 IF you can find a system that is built with workstation grade hardware designed to last a loooong time, features dual workstation GPUs, ECC Memory which MASSIVELY improves reliability, expandable as much and as fast as thunderbolt, and all fits inside a case that stays quiet, cool, and less than the volume of your (considerably smaller than usual) trashcan. and overall, is cheaper than the Mac Pro.

Open discussion, lets go!

You sir owe me 10 Dollars. http://www.amazon.com/Aorus-X7-CF1-4700HQ-3-4GHz-Windows/dp/B00IP1KSNA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1403558603&sr=8-2&keywords=aorus+x7

Macs are very good looking and have solid build quality but they support very few games.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

765m's are not workstation gpus...Not to mention that thing is a portable oven. 

Anyway, until other companies get their shit together and can make a laptop that doesn't fall apart after a month I'll continue to buy apple laptops. By last mac (with a 2.2ghz ore 2 duo) still works great and is still very quick--certainly good enough for 99% of people. The only issue--and the reason why I upgraded--is that once you start doing a lot of stuff it may crash--I was running VLC + a JVM + chrome + safari + word + itunes+steam+a few other things and it would periodically just overload and crash... but if you're not a power user it still works perfectly. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This post is a joke, right? Got a laugh out of me, anyway...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

1. Not true. The hardware that is made with from Apple is specially designed. Even take a look at fan design, I would bet it would almost be superior to Noctua if they had a laptop fan.

2. Actually, all the software that comes with OSX is exclusive to it. And sure, they're is equivalent competitors for Windows. However Mac comes with this software, Windows DOES NOT. 

Just to buy the software for windows would be at an insane cost for equivalent software. In fact, show me a pcpartpicker.com custom desktop, or even a laptop from anywhere, 

and then in the same build include all the equivalent software and make it come to the same as a mac. Seriously, do it, if you can do it I'll give you a free game key to Diablo 3 ROS.

3. AIO desktops are not stupid. This just in, customers don't care about cooling, upgrading, or hardware restrictions. What they do care about are, productivity, work space, and management. All which is easier on an AIO to a customer.

Plug in a power cable and thats it, ready to go. No other cables that's it. It's simple, it's easy. And iMac's cooling system is good design.

4. Again you are not thinking of the customer base. Customers do not care about upgradeability, expandability, or customizeability. They simply want something that lasts a long time, and will work for a long time. When they need another one down     the road they will buy another one. The Mac Pro features hardware at a price competitive edge, and then you get the software as well. You keep forgetting about the software on OSX and how valuable it is, how much it is worth.

You are clearly a PC fanboy, and cannot see an unbiased conversation. You only see the value in custom building, not customer base.

In fact, I bet you I could sell a Mac Pro to a customer easier than a $3000 or whatever custom PC just because of the software that comes with Mac.

For number "2" though, please do that, I will legitimately give you a key if you can. 

AIO -  If what you said was true AIO systems would be a MUCH bigger segment of the market than they are.  They have a segment but not to the point that you try to make it out to be.  THe reason they do not have a stranglehold on new PCs for the average consumer you ask?  The same reason TVs with built in VCRs and built in DVRs did not saturate the market in their days.  In fact those products ARE the reason the AIO PC does not have a massive market share today.  Everyone old enough to remember them remembers what a pain in the ass those things were.  Average consumer level 24 inch monitors are cheap as hell For 130 US (often less) you can get a 24 inch monitor that is more than adequate for the average consumer.  And if that monitor goes out you can go cheaply buy another one rather than needing to replace the entire freaking computer.  So yes,  AIO computers are in fact stupid.  They are a niche product for a niche group of people.  

Now as to your rant about exclusive software that would cost an arm and a leg that comes standard with a mac can you name some things.  You kind of just went on a rant about how awesome the stuff is but did nto tell us what software we would need to find.  

If apple was thinking of the customer base they would have a much bigger share of the market.  This shows me that you sir are the fanboy in this discussion.  You are glorifying a company that has a sliver of the computing market outside of cell phones.  If they were doing things as well as you would have us think they are they would have a bit of a bigger share.  Instead they have a tiny share and the one market they had steam in they are losing ground year over year now.  

AIO -  If what you said was true AIO systems would be a MUCH bigger segment of the market than they are.  They have a segment but not to the point that you try to make it out to be.  THe reason they do not have a stranglehold on new PCs for the average consumer you ask?  The same reason TVs with built in VCRs and built in DVRs did not saturate the market in their days.  In fact those products ARE the reason the AIO PC does not have a massive market share today.  Everyone old enough to remember them remembers what a pain in the ass those things were.  Average consumer level 24 inch monitors are cheap as hell For 130 US (often less) you can get a 24 inch monitor that is more than adequate for the average consumer.  And if that monitor goes out you can go cheaply buy another one rather than needing to replace the entire freaking computer.  So yes,  AIO computers are in fact stupid.  They are a niche product for a niche group of people.  

Now as to your rant about exclusive software that would cost an arm and a leg that comes standard with a mac can you name some things.  You kind of just went on a rant about how awesome the stuff is but did nto tell us what software we would need to find.  

If apple was thinking of the customer base they would have a much bigger share of the market.  This shows me that you sir are the fanboy in this discussion.  You are glorifying a company that has a sliver of the computing market outside of cell phones.  If they were doing things as well as you would have us think they are they would have a bit of a bigger share.  Instead they have a tiny share and the one market they had steam in they are losing ground year over year now.  

You go to Hollywood. Guarantee you any producer uses a Mac. I'll let you figure out why. 

And when I say all software, I mean all equivalent software, just like how a Mac comes.

If AIO were stupid and were only for a niche group of people they wouldn't make any money. They're is a reason they sell them

Oh also remember the iMac display is not the average $140 monitor. An equivalent display would be around the $400 range.

Again build me a equivalent PC with software. If you can, great, you get free product key. 

Clearly your a raging PC fanboy cause your bashing Apple. 

Oh, I must be a Mac fanboy because I gave a legitimate point about their product.

How about you learn how not to be prejudice and have a non-biased conversation.

Myself I own a custom PC because I like to tinker, change hard drives, e.t.c. whatever

People that buy pre-builts don't know that stuff for the most part, and they look at convenience over customization. 

Please post an equivalent build though. Until you can, I satisfy my point.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Apple has a small market share as Windows got a foothold in the business world decades ago. 

P.s. Try using a mac for a week before complaining about them...you'll find that they can actually compete with computers with much better hardware. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Mostly the limited number of hardware options. If Apple had the same hardware customization options that a PC has I would be giving it some serious consideration.

I'm sick of Windows though, going back to Linux soon.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Price is high for what you are getting obviously. Complete lack of upgrading on their devices. The option to only upgrade while checking out is just nonsense, when you have a laptop you should still have options to upgrade it when you like. It is too bad OSX is not an OS that you can just put on every PC, they limit it to their computers and it is just kind of a bummer.

I use an iPad2, an Android phone and multiple Windows PCs.

I think they've got very talented people working for the company and they tend to sell stuff that works really well. Their prices aren't actually as bad as many say they are. It's just the upgrades that are really pricy. Otherwise it's really hard to find x86 based systems (or cases) that match Apple's stuff in design and build quality. The only reason why I can't use OSX on my main machine anymore is that they don't have proper fullscreen support like Windows' snap to size. I know that there are workarounds, but I wouldn't want to use 3rd party apps for something that should be built into the OS right out of the box.

What I really don't like about the company is that people like Cook and Schiller often seem to be just as arrogant and elitist as the PC master race pricks. That and all the patent bs.

Edit:

Also, my iBook was (well, is) the most reliable computer that I have ever owned. Not once did I have to reinstall the OS in the 6 years that I used it and it froze no more than 3 times on me.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

You go to Hollywood. Guarantee you any producer uses a Mac. I'll let you figure out why. 

And when I say all software, I mean all equivalent software, just like how a Mac comes.

If AIO were stupid and were only for a niche group of people they wouldn't make any money. They're is a reason they sell them

Oh also remember the iMac display is not the average $140 monitor. An equivalent display would be around the $400 range.

Again build me a equivalent PC with software. If you can, great, you get free product key. 

Clearly your a raging PC fanboy cause your bashing Apple. 

Oh, I must be a Mac fanboy because I gave a legitimate point about their product.

How about you learn how not to be prejudice and have a non-biased conversation.

Myself I own a custom PC because I like to tinker, change hard drives, e.t.c. whatever

People that buy pre-builts don't know that stuff for the most part, and they look at convenience over customization. 

Please post an equivalent build though. Until you can, I satisfy my point.

The average consumer does not want nor care about a 400 dollar display.  Evident by Apples market share

Again WHAT software.  You keep babbling about "the software"  Tell us what it is.  It is pretty difficult to show you the "equal cost" when you will not tell us what software we are looking for.  

Who cares what people in hollywood use?  Guess what,  the machines that actually render the effects are not Apple,  they are custom linux builds.  There is again,  who cares what people in hollywood use?  

There are many business' that make good money serving niche markets.  Tesla anyone?  

In 2012 over 355 million computers were sold.  Roughly 14 million of those were AIO's.  That is the definition of niche.  

No you have not given a legit point.  You keep talking in weird generalities that make no sense and you get things wrong.  

Apple has a small market share as Windows got a foothold in the business world decades ago. 

P.s. Try using a mac for a week before complaining about them...you'll find that they can actually compete with computers with much better hardware. 

I never bought the foothold thing about Microsoft.  Microsoft got that foothold because the market voted with their dollar and did not want a closed system.  Jump to today (decades later) and the market still votes with its dollar because it does not want a closed system.  

PS I have been working in the IT industry longer than the average LTT viewer has been alive.  I know the history.  I actually lived it.  

The closed nature and lack of programs mainly.

I switched from OSX to Windows and I don't like windows, I mainly use it because it's pretty much the standard and I can have a custom rig. OS X worked like a charm for me, no matter how I twisted or turned it, it just worked. But when I wanted to play games, my only choice was to play minecraft on low settings at 20 fps, despite the fact that the computer had the price of a high-end gaming rig on the windows side. I had an iMac, so basically a non-portable laptop when you look at the specs.

Most of all I liked the ease-of-use of a mac. When I plugged in the cord, it took me a very short time to be up and running. When I now want to crop a picture, I have to fiddle around in paint, there I could just do it on the fly. When I wanted to quickly view what file I selected, I just pressed space bar and I got a little screen showing the image or video in no-time, without the need of opening a program. When I wanted to record music, I just opened garageband and easily did it, now I have to buy a program if I want to do that, there don't exist free things, just spammy trials.

If I ever need a laptop, chances are high it will be a mac.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3