The House Where Steve Jobs Grew Up is Now a “Historic Resource”

Snickerzz

That moment when you realize that you are wrong ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeC25BM9E0

Watch. Learn. Be amazed. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

You obviously don't know much. I'm guessing since you are "hating" Jobs,with that comes a hate for his products.

Well you beloved Windows(OS) was actually at first a "rip-off" from Apple's OS.

So next time, before you just in quick conclusion learn the facts.

Again correct me if I'm wrong

Apple OS was a ripoff of the xerox os, IBM not only had pc's on the market but they had portable pcs on the market before the  apple1.  Wozniak worked for HP before he built the apple 1.

Just some historical stuff relevant to the conversation.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That moment when you realize Apple really hasn't invented anything...

When do they ever claim to have invented anything? They have said blatantly many times that they steal ideas, especially Jobs. Where do you guys keep pulling this shit from? It's the fans that claim it, not Apple.

Steve Jobs was a marketing and management genius and anyone who's knows a scrap of consumer electronics history knows this. You guys really need to drop the fanboy shit if you want to be taken seriously.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

. You guys really need to drop the fanboy shit if you want to be taken seriously.

If people didn't make shit up then other people wouldn't feel the need to correct.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I like teksyndicate, but their apple bashing is really superficial and often just wrong.

I watched that video a while ago, I didn't see anything in it that was actually wrong. 

If I ever get the opportunity to burn that house down and get away with it I will.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i literally just drove by it about two weeks ago for Lols (its like a 2min drive from my house). I can personally tell you guys that it is nothing special.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I hate Steve Jobs. Seriously, I don't hate companies or people that often but Steve Jobs was pure evil. The day he died I was actually happy, that's how much I hate him. He has as far as I know never done a good deed, he often hurt his coworkers, friends (he even managed to make Woz cry because he was so mean from time to time), he was a huge pretentious douchebag. If someone were to ask me to name a really evil person, that wasn't a dictator, on top of my head then I would instantly think of Steve Jobs.

I feel sick when people worship him or say he was a good person.

One week after Steve Jobs had died, this man died as well and barely any media paid attention to his death. If you don't know who this man is, then you are part of the problem and should be ashamed to call yourself a computer-enthusiast.

post-216-0-86207600-1384011502.jpg

First off, I disagree with this, we had much greater figures which places are not even known to the people who live next door to them. We have to remember them first.

However, I'm displeased reading comments like the typical "they don't invented anything" "they stole everything they did" "bla bla bla".
In a sentence, Apple, was leaded by 2 big guys of the industry, who didn't invented technology, didn't develop the fields of science; but came up with trends that are built into us today,  renewed the ways of marketing and forged pillars of the tech industry.

I like teksyndicate, but their apple bashing is really superficial and often just wrong.

If you're not an Apple fanboy and your statement is based on facts, please enlighten us.....I'm always willing to see views from both sides.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I hate Steve Jobs. Seriously, I don't hate companies or people that often but Steve Jobs was pure evil. The day he died I was actually happy, that's how much I hate him. He has as far as I know never done a good deed, he often hurt his coworkers, friends (he even managed to make Woz cry because he was so mean from time to time), he was a huge pretentious douchebag. If someone were to ask me to name a really evil person, that wasn't a dictator, on top of my head then I would instantly think of Steve Jobs.

I feel sick when people worship him or say he was a good person.

One week after Steve Jobs had died, this man died as well and barely any media paid attention to his death. If you don't know who this man is, then you are part of the problem and should be ashamed to call yourself a computer-enthusiast.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

138299983053.png

Have you read the biography on him? You literally sound like someone who knows absolutely nothing about Steve Jobs, or the history of Apple, or the history of consumer computers, AND also like a mindless (anti)fanboy. Get real, man. your comment was painful to read.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

138299983053.png

Have you read the biography on him? You literally sound like someone who knows absolutely nothing about Steve Jobs, or the history of Apple, or the history of consumer computers, AND also like a mindless (anti)fanboy. Get real, man. your comment was painful to read.

Now, that's the problem, why would he even consider buying the autobiography on Jobs when he utterly detest the man? I don't particularly hate/dislike the man, though I think Apple as it is now is stifling innovation (I mean, seriously, rectangular shaped phones with rounded corners......what's next?), and I have not even considered buying his autobiography. I've got better things to do with my time and money....as I'm sure LAWLz feels more strongly than me on this.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Now, that's the problem, why would he even consider buying the autobiography on Jobs when he utterly detest the man? I don't particularly hate/dislike the man, though I think Apple as it is now is stifling innovation (I mean, seriously, rectangular shaped phones with rounded corners......what's next?), and I have not even considered buying his autobiography. I've got better things to do with my time and money....as I'm sure LAWLz feels more strongly than me on this.

So you think you he can justify hating somebody he knows nothing about? Cool... The book is as much about the history of Apple and consumer electronics from the 70's onward as it is about Jobs. Damn you guys, so ignorant it's painful. Both of your opinions are invalid, or at least shouldn't be expected to be taken seriously. You know what you sound like? Fanboys.

Grow up a little.

If you're not an Apple fanboy and your statement is based on facts, please enlighten us.....I'm always willing to see views from both sides.

Do I like Apple products? yes.

Could you call me an Apple fan? maybe

A fanboy? na

Their video "Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything? " is just stupid.

By their argument NOONE has invented somehting in the last 20-30 years, because everything is based on something already on the market.

Also they were saying IEEE 1394 (aka Firewire) was invented by Texas Instruments, Sony, Digital Equipment Corporation, IBM, and INMOS/SGS Thomson and basicly Apple did nothing, which is just wrong. Apple was the main driver behind it. By that definition Intel isn't the invetor of Thunderbolt either, because Apple did help them in the development.

Saying that the backbone of iOS and OS X is Unix and its therefore not an invention ... Although iOS and OS X is actually based on a custom hybrid kernel made by Apple ... XNU (X is Not Unix), which follows the UNIX 03 and POSIX standard, but saying it all is just a copy or someone else technology with different name ...

REALLY? Again we are back to my statement that by that theory NOONE has invented anything in the last 20-30 years.

The iPhone not being an invention, because Cisco  had a TOTALLY different device called iPhone? Really, comon guys they could do better :lol:

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Do I like Apple products? yes.

Could you call me an Apple fan? maybe

A fanboy? na

Their video "Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything? " is just stupid.

By their argument NOONE has invented somehting in the last 20-30 years, because everything is based on something already on the market.

Also they were saying IEEE 1394 (aka Firewire) was invented by Texas Instruments, Sony, Digital Equipment Corporation, IBM, and INMOS/SGS Thomson and basicly Apple did nothing, which is just wrong. Apple was the main driver behind it. By that definition Intel isn't the invetor of Thunderbolt either, because Apple did help them in the development.

Saying that the backbone of iOS and OS X is Unix and its therefore not an invention ... Although iOS and OS X is actually based on a custom hybrid kernel made by Apple ... XNU (X is Not Unix), which follows the UNIX 03 and POSIX standard, but saying it all is just a copy or someone else technology with different name ...

REALLY? Again we are back to my statement that by that theory NOONE has invented anything in the last 20-30 years.

The iPhone not being an invention, because Cisco  had a TOTALLY different device called iPhone? Really, comong guys they could do better :lol:

The best part is that Apple never claim to have invented anything. It's always 'the first', or, 'we came up with', not, 'we invented'. There is no bearing on them to stake their claims, because they have none. Apple is the single driver of the mobile technology market (laptops and tablets inclusively), this is undeniable. It's hilarious to see videos like the one Tek Syndicate made because they are completely pointless. Drones and mindless fanboys come up with the 'invented' crap, not Apple, and that's what matters.

So you think you he can justify hating somebody he knows nothing about? Cool... The book is as much about the history of Apple and consumer electronics from the 70's onward as it is about Jobs. Damn you guys, so ignorant it's painful. Both of your opinions are invalid, or at least shouldn't be expected to be taken seriously. You know what you sound like? Fanboys.

Grow up a little.

It's this kind of response that ticks me off about fanboys. I ask and pointed out the fact that LAWLz wouldn't buy the autobiography on Jobs because he has no liking for the man......and suddenly I am the fanboy? It's responses similar to this that makes me detest Apple fanboys a little more each time I see such posts. You obviously are a fanboy, and I don't wish to see your silly fanboy post anymore.....sooooo ignored! :angry:

At MrSuperb, appreciate your POV on this, I'm always willing to listen to someone willing to explain their views in a civil manner.....

Heard that exactly at midnight you can hear default Iphone ringtone in that house...

WTF? He made stuff (well people did to be exact) like iPhone and iPad. We will get Bill Gates mansion as a historic resource too when he will be dead?

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

It's this kind of response that ticks me off about fanboys. I ask and pointed out the fact that LAWLz wouldn't buy the autobiography on Jobs because he has no liking for the man......and suddenly I am the fanboy? It's responses similar to this that makes me detest Apple fanboys a little more each time I see such posts. You obviously are a fanboy, and I don't wish to see your silly fanboy post anymore.....sooooo ignored! :angry:

At MrSuperb, appreciate your POV on this, I'm always willing to listen to someone willing to explain their views in a civil manner.....

Being more educated than you on a topic does not make me a fanboy. If anyone is uncivil, it's the ones who 'hate' irrationally, like some in this thread.

I guess the best way to win an argument is for the other person to run away, suit yourself.

'And this ladies and gentlemen is the toilet, where Steve Jobs thought of great things while he took a dump'

Hey hes just like me!

Have they ever said they invented anything? I have always just assumed people jus think they do becuase their the first ones to hit it off really well, which is somerhing job's was a master of.

I am actually reading it, and so far it has not changed my opinion of Steve.

Call me a hater if you want, I admit that I do hate Apple (the only company I can think of that I really hate) but I don't hate them for reasons like "Apple sux Samsung rules! xD". Hell I don't think I've ever said the iPhone is a bad, or that the iPad is bad, or that the iMac is bad for an all-in-one, because they are good. It really pissed me off that Steve Jobs gets so much attention and people like Dennis Ritchie gets ignored, even though his contributions to computing is much much more than Steve Jobs did.

Want some reasons why I really hate Steve Jobs? I got a ton of them.

While he was working at Pixar he fired people without tell them when they were fired, or why. "OK, give them two weeks, but the notice is retroactive from two weeks ago".

He let Wozniak do most of the work on the Atari game "Breakout" and when Atari gave them a 5000 dollar bonus, Steve Jobs never told Woz about it and kept all the money to himself.

He often called people stupid when they suggested things to him, even if he thought it was a good idea. Why? Because he would come back a while later and then suggest the thing himself, and take all credit for it.

Rod Holt, the engineer who had built the power supply, was getting a lot of stock options, and he tried to turn Jobs around. “We have to do something for your buddy Daniel (Who was Jobs closest friend at Reed University),” he said, and he suggested they each give him some of their own options. “Whatever you give him, I will match it,” said Holt. Replied Jobs, “Okay. I will give him zero.”

He has always been shameless about stealing great ideas. (Just look at all the design queues they have taken from Braun).

Yet he calls Android a "stolen product" and vowed to destroy it even if it would cost all the money Apple had. Hypocrite much?

He argued with engineers how the chips on the circuit board should be laid out. The design the engineers had made worked just fine but Steve thought it wasn't pretty enough, so they wasted time and money trying to please him with new designs, and in the end they didn't work and they went with the "ugly" functional design.

He cried when he wasn't assigned employee badge number 1 (Woz got that one and Steve got number 2). He wasn't pleased until he was assigned badge number 0. That's just pathetic...

He flat out lies on stage.

When his daughter was born, he denied that it was his child. It was fairly obvious that he knew it was his child though, since he named the computer they launched the same year after her. On another note, Lisa's mom who was forced to raise Lisa by herself barely had enough money to do so, and Steve didn't support them during that time.

It seems like he never gave money to charity. After his death his wife went out and said that he did give money to charity but anonymously but I don't believe that. Why would they (Steve and his wife) give away money to charity and keep it so secret he didn't even tell Walter Isaacson about it, then quite a while after he is dead his wife says they did, without any proof whatsoever? Sounds like damage control if you ask me. This one is a bit up in the air though. A lot of the money his wife donated seems to be to political parties, which might be the donations she is referring to, but I would not call that charity donations.

Do you want me to go on? I got several more things that makes me dislike Steve Jobs as a person, and I got just as many reasons why I hate Apple (the company, not their products).

I am actually reading it, and so far it has not changed my opinion of Steve.

Call me a hater if you want, I admit that I do hate Apple (the only company I can think of that I really hate) but I don't hate them for reasons like "Apple sux Samsung rules! xD". Hell I don't think I've ever said the iPhone is a bad, or that the iPad is bad, or that the iMac is bad for an all-in-one, because they are good. It really pissed me off that Steve Jobs gets so much attention and people like Dennis Ritchie gets ignored, even though his contributions to computing is much much more than Steve Jobs did.

Want some reasons why I really hate Steve Jobs? I got a ton of them.

While he was working at Pixar he fired people without tell them when they were fired, or why. "OK, give them two weeks, but the notice is retroactive from two weeks ago".

He let Wozniak do most of the work on the Atari game "Breakout" and when Atari gave them a 5000 dollar bonus, Steve Jobs never told Woz about it and kept all the money to himself.

He often called people stupid when they suggested things to him, even if he thought it was a good idea. Why? Because he would come back a while later and then suggest the thing himself, and take all credit for it.

Rod Holt, the engineer who had built the power supply, was getting a lot of stock options, and he tried to turn Jobs around. “We have to do something for your buddy Daniel (Who was Jobs closest friend at Reed University),” he said, and he suggested they each give him some of their own options. “Whatever you give him, I will match it,” said Holt. Replied Jobs, “Okay. I will give him zero.”

He has always been shameless about stealing great ideas. (Just look at all the design queues they have taken from Braun).

Yet he calls Android a "stolen product" and vowed to destroy it even if it would cost all the money Apple had. Hypocrite much?

He argued with engineers how the chips on the circuit board should be laid out. The design the engineers had made worked just fine but Steve thought it wasn't pretty enough, so they wasted time and money trying to please him with new designs, and in the end they didn't work and they went with the "ugly" functional design.

He cried when he wasn't assigned employee badge number 1 (Woz got that one and Steve got number 2). He wasn't pleased until he was assigned badge number 0. That's just pathetic...

He flat out lies on stage.

When his daughter was born, he denied that it was his child. It was fairly obvious that he knew it was his child though, since he named the computer they launched the same year after her. On another note, Lisa's mom who was forced to raise Lisa by herself barely had enough money to do so, and Steve didn't support them during that time.

It seems like he never gave money to charity. After his death his wife went out and said that he did give money to charity but anonymously but I don't believe that. Why would they (Steve and his wife) give away money to charity and keep it so secret he didn't even tell Walter Isaacson about it, then quite a while after he is dead his wife says they did, without any proof whatsoever? Sounds like damage control if you ask me. This one is a bit up in the air though. A lot of the money his wife donated seems to be to political parties, which might be the donations she is referring to, but I would not call that charity donations.

Do you want me to go on? I got several more things that makes me dislike Steve Jobs as a person, and I got just as many reasons why I hate Apple (the company, not their products).

Sounds like he had a disorder?

Sounds like he had a disorder?

Well, don't let those who worship the ground Jobs stepped on see your post is all I can say..... :blink: