how do i ground my self

WAR MAN

do i toch a Turned on PSU or off, or where do i put the wrist wrap ?  THNX 

Touch a metal part on your case. That's usually what I do. Honestly, I don't really worry about ESD. But if you are, touch the metal part on your case. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

You need to have a plugged in but off PSU and touch it from time to time or just touch your case every so often when building your computer.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

You can touch anything that is fairly large and metal. I've never had a problem with ESD but you should be careful just in case. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Big metal structure such as your case will be enough.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Turn off the power supply, and attach the wrist strap to any metal part of the case.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

best way is to nail your feet to the floor :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

You need to have a plugged in but off PSU and touch it from time to time or just touch your case every so often when building your computer.

For some reason the first half of your sentence put the idea in my head that you meant to take the power supply cable and put it up your butt.

I don't even...

best way is to nail your feet to the floor :)

I was just about to suggest that he nailed some other part of his anatomy to the floor xD 

I guess it's just the viking way to nail things  :lol:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

For some reason the first half of your sentence put the idea in my head that you meant to take the power supply cable and put it up your butt.

I don't even...

One way to get a buzz.........im here all week!

touch anything metal

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

With the PSU connected to a grounded wall socket but with the switch turned off, connect the wrist wrap to a metal part of the PSU (commonly the fan grid), then wrap it around your wrist or ankle, with it's metal part in contact with your skin. Then you can work without worrying frying your components.

If your PSU is already mounted on the case, then connect the wrist wrap on a metal part of the case.

If you don't have a wrist wrap, touch the PSU or the case frequently, to discharge the static electricity acumulated in your body.

PS: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR THE MISUSE OF THIS INFORMATION !!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Touch a bare metal part of your tap. Nothing better to ground yourself.

where do i put the wrist wrap ?  THNX 

into the trash can. They make matters worse. [we're not allowed to wear them at university labs, as they usually make you fry more stuff.]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...