2000W Platinum Consumer PSU, aaaaand EU Only OFC

MariusJS

EU masterrace :lol:

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Oh really, something coming to Europe and not the US, I've never

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Super flower > seasonic

[citation needed]

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

The people that would need this understand how to use two separate PSU's for their needs, and most of the time it's cheaper to do that than to buy something that costs 1.5x what 2 PSU's of lower wattage cost.

I see no point in this.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The people that would need this understand how to use two separate PSU's for their needs, and most of the time it's cheaper to do that than to buy something that costs 1.5x what 2 PSU's of lower wattage cost.

I see no point in this.

1x2000W is quite a bit smaller than 2x1000W, and you don't have 2x24Pin's to deal with, although there is one PSU with their "OC Port" or something, that allows you to turn it on in sync with the main one, but 2X PSU is not really an 100% Solution :P

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

I don't see the point in this, 2,000w PSU when is anyone ever going to need that and with new hardware using less power all of the time it really makes it pointless.

If you have 2 295x2's I would imagine it would be a good idea to have this along with a dual CPU setup. There are actually quite a few builds where you would have otherwise needed 2 PSU's but now you only need a single PSU. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Miners, GPU clusters, render farms, ect ect

None of them are really "consumes" in the sense of the PC consumer market though. Some miners perhaps but the guy with 4 290xes on a basement is mostly dead now isn't?

-------

Current Rig

-------

If you have 2 295x2's I would imagine it would be a good idea to have this along with a dual CPU setup. There are actually quite a few builds where you would have otherwise needed 2 PSU's but now you only need a single PSU. 

First good reasoning I've seen on this thread. Here's my re: though: Do we know the price? If someone is getting enough room for dual GPU and CPU he's probably doing custom water loop so he has a roomy case, meaning he has room for 2 separate 1000 watt units that will probably save him a fuckton of money over this single, mostly novelty item at 2000 watts.

-------

Current Rig

-------

First good reasoning I've seen on this thread. Here's my re: though: Do we know the price? If someone is getting enough room for dual GPU and CPU he's probably doing custom water loop so he has a roomy case, meaning he has room for 2 separate 1000 watt units that will probably save him a fuckton of money over this single, mostly novelty item at 2000 watts.

Yea but you need to link the two PSU's together so when one of them turns on so does the other. It can be dangerous to stick a thick wire into a PSU and into the other. It's just safer to get a 2000 watt PSU and it's probably cheaper to buy one compared to 2.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yea but you need to link the two PSU's together so when one of them turns on so does the other. It can be dangerous to stick a thick wire into a PSU and into the other. It's just safer to get a 2000 watt PSU and it's probably cheaper to buy one compared to 2.

Mmmm maybe. I still think that either paying an experienced builder/electrician/whatever to do that wiring for you would end up being cheaper. Plus you can do something ghetto yourself like routing the secondary Cooling PSU to the reset button  :P

-------

Current Rig

-------

EU master race? :P

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

Mmmm maybe. I still think that either paying an experienced builder/electrician/whatever to do that wiring for you would end up being cheaper. Plus you can do something ghetto yourself like routing the secondary Cooling PSU to the reset button  :P

Yea but it's probably not a good idea to do anything like that to a PSU especially if it has 1000 watts of power running through it. The capacitors in a PSU hold a shit ton of power, you really don't want to f*ck with one unless you are an electrician and even then I wouldn't bother. Just to be safe you are better off getting this PSU and you will save space at the same time.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Seems pretty damn pointless to me.. No one and I mean no one needs 2000 watts for any reasonable or sane reason.. They more than likely made like a 100 of these things just so when people come out to measure their penis' they can say they made a 2000W PSU.. Penis Measuring contests FTW!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

1x2000W is quite a bit smaller than 2x1000W, and you don't have 2x24Pin's to deal with, although there is one PSU with their "OC Port" or something, that allows you to turn it on in sync with the main one, but 2X PSU is not really an 100% Solution :P

Speaking of which:

I wonder if someone makes a PSU that natively has two or more 24-pin cables?

I would love it if I could have multiple PCs in a single enclosure, or it could be used for test benches. That might justify more common uses of 2000W PSUs.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Yea but it's probably not a good idea to do anything like that to a PSU especially if it has 1000 watts of power running through it. The capacitors in a PSU hold a shit ton of power, you really don't want to f*ck with one unless you are an electrician and even then I wouldn't bother. Just to be safe you are better off getting this PSU and you will save space at the same time.

No no, I mean putting a jumper like the ones you use for custom water loops, except hook it up to the reset button header of the pc. That way you basically would need to power the system by licking "reset" and then "power". 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Sounds cool but it's two or three times overkill in a normal consumer grade rig. What I think is that this PSU is just for show in a market where a 500-600W component will bring most of the profit.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

I'd rather have a completely DC house. 

Erm I may be reading that wrong but you are AC. DC cannot travel long distances well.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Who is Super Flower?? Never heard of them. 

Probably the best PSU maker out there...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

If the fan only turns on above 700 or so watts, I MUST HAVE THIS. Finally would be able to run my system dead silent at full load. :P

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

Seems pretty damn pointless to me.. No one and I mean no one needs 2000 watts for any reasonable or sane reason.. They more than likely made like a 100 of these things just so when people come out to measure their penis' they can say they made a 2000W PSU.. Penis Measuring contests FTW!

4-6 Titan Z's in one PC, good luck with a 1000W PSU, that is not wery consumer end, tho xD

Well, 4xR9 290X's Clocked to the max, and one 4960X would draw quite a bit of wattage...

And is it just me, or does almost everyone seem to forget that pushing a PSU to the max is no good idea, when thinking about noise and heat...

If the fan only turns on above 700 or so watts, I MUST HAVE THIS. Finally would be able to run my system dead silent at full load.  :P

Thank god someone else realised this! :P Some PSU's fans does not turn of before 50%, if this is the same, you could draw 1000W Not having the fan turn on

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

4-6 Titan Z's in one PC,

No offense dude but that really doesn't helps the "not pointless" argument. I know, I know: Titan zs have their uses, a Cuda dev can certainly use them (though he'd be better off with a proper Quadro card) on a workstation. But as we mentioned, this PSU marketed for consumer grade pcs? Pointless.

-------

Current Rig

-------

i've got a question, would the 2000w be used constantly or will it be used when its needed

No no, I mean putting a jumper like the ones you use for custom water loops, except hook it up to the reset button header of the pc. That way you basically would need to power the system by licking "reset" and then "power". 

Might work but you would probably have to delay the actual power button so it isn't in sync with the reset button. I am assuming it would be a bad thing if your GPU powers on before your motherboard and CPU. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

4-6 Titan Z's in one PC, good luck with a 1000W PSU, that is not wery consumer end, tho xD

Well, 4xR9 290X's Clocked to the max, and one 4960X would draw quite a bit of wattage...

And is it just me, or does almost everyone seem to forget that pushing a PSU to the max is no good idea, when thinking about noise and heat...

Notice that I said "a reasonable or sane reason". To start with 4-6 Titan Z's or 4xR9s in one computer is neither of those. Now, you could say well why not, but I mean really you'd be stupid to even do that as it's just wasting power for no real reason as I mean what kind of gains to get from having that many cards in SLI/CrossFIre at that point? (Pretty much none that are noteworthy).. Secondly, You also have to think that you could even run all of that monstrosity on a normal high wattage PSU without any issues since really GPU's don't take nearly as much power as people seem to think. Finally, about the Noise an heat thing while reducing heat and noise is a valid argument I think there are already many solutions out there far less asinine than this that would work comparatively. (Because if you really need that much wattage without your fan turning on I'm sure whatever is drawing that is already making more noise to begin with..)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

matin94, on 18 Jun 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

i've got a question, would the 2000w be used constantly or will it be used when its needed

Your pc will only pull as much power as needed.