If you dont already own a "next gen" console, What game will make you buy one?

geforceftw

Say, was Mario Kart the reason you purchased other Nintendo consoles (assuming that you did)?

Not our Wii, we bought that at launch - Back when you had to Buy 'Wii Play' just to get an extra remote :P

Unfortunately never had a Gamecube - We had a PS1 and PS2 Instead - We bought a Wii because we had tried it out and were simply amazed by it :D

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

There is no game that would make me own an Xbox. I own a PC.

I will buy a PS4 if Sony announces a Wild Arms game.

I will buy a Wii U when Smash is released.

Unless of course I don't have the money to buy them.

I might get a wii u for mario kart, when it gets a bit cheaper.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I am on the fence about the PS4. I have a PS3 and I am saving up for a new PC. I grew up on Playstation and have owned the PS1, PS2, and the PS3. I have loved them all but their is only 2 games that as of now i'm interested in on the PS4, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Destiny. That's it though. Ill buy a PS4 if there is 5 games that I am looking forward to or if I can get one for really cheap (Sub $200)

Current Rig:
Intel core i7-4790k, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0, Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1, Corsair H100i, Kingston Hyperx Fury 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, WD Red 3TB (RAID 1), Corsair RM750, NZXT HUE, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe.

Winning a substantial amount of cash is the only thing that would get me to buy a PS4.  As for the Xbox One if there is not a hardware revision ever then there is no chance I would get one ever no matter how much money I had.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Wouldn't buy for one game. I recently purchased a Wii U, but that was because there are games I want to play on it currently and several more that were announced at this year's E3.

Metal Gear Solid games hands down and  Abe New 'n Tasty. (altough PC release will be coming)

But I would not buy it....no money for consoles....

A new Crash Bandicoot game for the Playstation 4. I loved the Crash games when I was yonger. Unfortunately this is highly unlikely; I don't even know who owns the rights to the franchise at this point. It was Activision but they've since removed my favourite Bandicoot from their site and not said anything about it. Naughty Dog needs to buy back the IP and return to the roots of the series but, I guess that's all for another topic :|

I wouldn't mind Little Big Planet 3 either but I couldn't buy the PS4 unless I recieved the money for it some way or another.

I own some games... not many, but they have taken my life.

CPU: AMD A10 6790k GPU: GTX 750 Ti SC (+600 / +135) RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz PSU: Corsair CX 430W HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda & 60GB Kingston SSD Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Etc?: Laptop HDD for downloads folder :P

I own an Xbox One and a Wii U (as well as a gaming PC and a 3DS) and I can't think of a game anounced yet that would make me buy a PS4.

If the unpleasant rumour that Street Fighter 5 might be a PS4 exclusive pans out - that would do it.

Sony's issue is that their good excluaives are mostly single player campaigns that last a long weekend. For that reason I don't tend to consider their consoles until a good few years into the generation when a bit of a back catalogue has built up.

I've been waiting and checking ps4 prices for months. Ever since Infamous second son was announced. Hoped the bundle wouldn't be so expensive (613 euros here, cheapest i can see), and for months i had to wait months for it to be available, cuz the shops where it was had prices of 500 euros or more... which i'm totally unwilling to pay for it.

Right now its more widely available for 400 euros so i will finally be buying one next month. Along with infamous and last of us remastered cuz i've still not played it and when i heard it was coming out on ps4.. i skipped it.

I actually find it weird there's ppl who don't buy consoles for a specific game... you guys just by the console without a game? Or just buy whatever game is available? Or just rich and buy every game available? :|

I have no signature

Even if Chris Roberts made a U-turn and made Star Citizen console exclusive - hell, if Elder Scrolls became console exclusive - there is no way in a thousand unholy fires I would ever be caught manhandling such an evil piece of plastic, hatred and lies.

And that goes for all ransomware.

Hell, I really wanted to play The Last of Us, I'm still patiently waiting for an emulator and will keep doing so forever.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Halo 5 and that big Halo bundle.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

A PS4 is last on my list of shit to buy, not only because I love Little Big Planet and Uncharted, but because everyone I know is a console scrub.

Likely will wait for the consoles to get a price drop in the next year or two to justify it. $300 or $350 is a stupid expense I can cope with, but $400 is not.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I don't understand why anyone would buy into a platform for a single player campaign... several hundred pounds for three or four days of gameplay at best? Utter madness.

A good mulitplayer game though? That's a different story. If I lock onto a good fighting game, driving game, sports game or shooter I might play that for several hours a night every couple of days for a year or more.

That's tangible value for money.

I don't care how good the campaigns are - there needs to be AT LEAST ten world class single player campaigns on a platform to justify a console purchase, but just one good mulitplayer.

People saying they'll buy a PS4 for Second Son? Jesus. You'll play the thing for a weekend and that will be that. Second Son and Uncharted 4 - two weekends. I just can't underatand the mentality that thinks an exclusive strategy of limited campaigns makes any sense to the consumer at all.

If square started making HD remakes of there classic snes games along with a remastered FF7 and FF8, and they where console exclusive, then I would highly consider a PS4.

I will buy a console again when Nintendo makes a Zelda game that looks as good as skyrim

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Also if Sony brings back courier crisis and or i³

I will buy a console again when Nintendo makes a Zelda game that looks as good as skyrim

I, and most Zelda fans, would absolutely hate to see a Zelda game with the art style of Skyrim.

Zelda is not supposed to be aiming for realism, and in my opinion the Wii U footage they showed looks a hundred times more appealing than that game does visually.

@Stefky I simply find that visual style unappealing. I don't like the cartoon-y look and I find it to be more laziness on Nintendo's part

than simply "thats what its supposed to look like".

Nintendo needs to quit being lazy, make a game that looks good and hardware that offers a compelling value for the price, not just cheap.

I've got my PC and Xbone. The only game that would make me go buy a PS4 or Wii U would be Shenmue 3 or an HD remake of the first two.

@Stefky I simply find that visual style unappealing. I don't like the cartoon-y look and I find it to be more laziness on Nintendo's part

than simply "thats what its supposed to look like".

Nintendo needs to quit being lazy, make a game that looks good and hardware that offers a compelling value for the price, not just cheap.

Nintendo games may not look good to you, but their quality is undeniable, way better than those games that look "good" but play like crap.

And i think that everyone here plays to have fun right :D?

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1