Pumpless liquid cooling!

DeViLzzz

"The unit is filled not with water, but with a liquid with a very low evaporation point. As a result, it feels cool to the touch, yet the water keeps bubbling inside the loop, which looks quite magical."

mgc.gif

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I was going to post that gif :(

cool... :) ...will be nice to see some benchmarks how well it cools...

According to the article...Not well. But that is probably not the point.

I was going to post that gif :(

Speed is what seperates the amateurs from the pro's mate. ;)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I'm really interested to know what kind of liquid are they using inside that loop. Distilled alcohol maybe?

cool... :) ...will be nice to see some benchmarks how well it cools...

The temps are terrible, it's not made with cooling in mind.

Error: 410

I'm really interested to know what kind of liquid are they using inside that loop. Distilled alcohol maybe?

Made a little google search and these gave up as having low evaporation points: "ethanol,methanol,benzene,hexane,ethylacetate,ethers" Benzene!!!!!

It looks really sealed in and the tubing looks different...

Thermodynamics, bitch!!! I am so thrilled for this product! Avoiding pump noise is like the #1 priority of liquid cooling imo. By this we are finally one step closer.

It has a evaporation point of 79 °C, so maybe not. Maybe Acetone (56 °C)

I would guess, something that doesn't corrode the tubing and other plastic material, so probably not acetone.

who cares...

Made a little google search and these gave up as having low evaporation points: "ethanol,methanol,benzene,hexane,ethylacetate,ethers" Benzene!!!!!

I'm pretty sure it's nut benzene. :P

Hexane sounds plausible. But it burns so, maybe not.

Edit: methoxynonafluorbutane is a good high tech fluid for this application. bp of 61 °C, doesn't burn, enviromentally friendly, non toxic.

who cares...

They showed something similar last year if I'm not mistaken. In that one the stuff evaporated and then condensed in the rad and flowed back to the cpu block, shich is basically how heatpipes work. This year though they seem to use the evaporation as some sort of pump. Not entirely unlike the engine on a putt-putt boat.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I'm pretty sure it's nut benzene. :P

Hexane sounds plausible. But it burns so, maybe not.

Edit: methoxynonafluorbutane is a good high tech fluid for this application. bp of 61 °C, doesn't burn, enviromentally friendly, non toxic.

Ahh....Its really exciting no matter what. Im not really looking at this like a finished product but instead as hopefully a start of a whole new way of thinking when it comes to water cooling.

Not everything should be about performance.....Imagine how popular watercooling would become in workplaces if the the risk(Or at least the perception of risk) and maintenance could be removed while giving almost complete silence.

AIOs are beginning that trend, but this could turn out to be the next great thing down the road.......

I am really bad when it comes to chemistry and stuff like that....but searched for methoxynonafluorbutane and it really is very much used in tech since all that comes up are tech patents, press releases from 3m and pdf files of different studies.....

Ahh....Its really exciting no matter what. Im not really looking at this like a finished product but instead as hopefully a start of a whole new way of thinking when it comes to water cooling.

Not everything should be about performance.....Imagine how popular watercooling would become in workplaces if the the risk(Or at least the perception of risk) and maintenance could be removed while giving almost complete silence.

AIOs are beginning that trend, but this could turn out to be the next great thing down the road.......

I am really bad when it comes to chemistry and stuff like that....but searched for methoxynonafluorbutane and it really is very much used in tech since all that comes up are tech patents, press releases from 3m and pdf files of different studies.....

I study chemistry. I just googled for a non burning, low bioling point fluid. that was the result. it's genius. :D

It definitley looks like a ghetto non-finished product. But like you said, by eleminating the pump, you have one less point of failure and total silence! Latter of which is most important for me. I'm also fine with the lower heat dissipation of 200W. I can slap one on my CPU and one on my GPU, no problem with that. :P

This could simplify water cooling by a lot. I wonder how they keep the liquid from evaporating into both tubes? Probably like the human heart, where there are two valves that open in just one direction. Cold liquid streams into the CPU block, warms up, can only evaporate through one valve, goes through the radiator and through the other valve back into the CPU. Nah, maybe won't work. :P

Edit: i would also like to see how this thing performs under long and heavy load.

who cares...

According to the article...Not well. But that is probably not the point.

The temps are terrible, it's not made with cooling in mind.

okay got it... :)

I study chemistry. I just googled for a non burning, low bioling point fluid. that was the result. it's genius. :D

It definitley looks like a ghetto non-finished product. But like you said, by eleminating the pump, you have one less point of failure and total silence! Latter of which is most important for me. I'm also fine with the lower heat dissipation of 200W. I can slap one on my CPU and one on my GPU, no problem with that. :P

This could simplify water cooling by a lot. I wonder how they keep the liquid from evaporating into both tubes? Probably like the human heart, where there are two valves that open in just one direction. Cold liquid streams into the CPU block, warms up, can only evaporate through one valve, goes through the radiator and through the other valve back into the CPU. Nah, maybe won't work. :P

Edit: i would also like to see how this thing performs under long and heavy load.

Chemistry is one of those things that I really lack in relation to tech.....I think testing under long and heavy loads are the really important part. It has to be less of a hassle than water, and work decently in terms of temps. Just as good as above average air cooling. Doesn't have to be better than that since noise is the problem we are trying to solve.

it could also only be water under a vacuum... like every heatpipe ever made (unlikely but if the walls of the tubing are thick enough, they could support the vacuum.). I don t really see the point tho as the cooling performance will be worse than with a pump and it won t be silent since you ll hear the water moving around in there.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

They could easily make this capable of being used in an expandable-loop type of setup, by just making sets with heat-exchanges so that the actual loop is never actually broken or in direct with the others (or just a QD-expandable style, but that can cause spills and users basically emptying their loops).. because what's holding this back from being a REALLY big seller, is that it's a AIO vs being a concept used for expandability and multi-rad setup.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Very interesting, I wont trust it any time soon, but a cool idea.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

This dude ... his face ... it's .. it's ...

3d1a689a04483d66ed17c07ab386236c.jpg

HORY SHET PUMPLESS

I'm sure putting benzene in a component that could leak is a very bad idea

I'm sure putting benzene in a component that could leak is a very bad idea

No shit. I was joking.

No shit. I was joking.

oops sorry bruh quoted the wrong post

I like the way you think

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090