is there a headphone that sounds as good as an IMAX theater?

Tech_Dreamer

Yeah , i know how dumb the question sounds , But i'm not a fan of "virtual" surround on a headset , but My real question is whether there's a headset or headphone that can deliver really loud theater quality experience like drop jaw perfomance on a headset?  i mean like the sound not missing from the deepest LFE without being tooo low , to the ear twisting trebles. all on a headset while giving the effect & power like an IMAX theater.

i dont know whether a headset is there that can provide such a feature , on do i have to go for the traditional surround setup? if there's a buy from me, it's going to be a one time UBER purchase , so i dont want to waste money on something expensive & get same result as an OKAY Surround or headset. that's why i mentioned IMAX , since it's the only thing that is quite upto a theatrical standard.

Thanks for reading it till this far, post your replies on your experience with headsets as well on music & movies.

Details separate people.

Sure. You do realise that watching movies at that volume is awful for your ears?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

There are some AMAZING headphones for hundreds you can buy 

Something like the HD650 have a really nice sound stage for example, these are $500

But nothing will create BIG sound as well as proper speakers in my opinon

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

By the sounds of what u are asking i think you will be better off going with a traditional surround sound setup because headphones and surround sound they are different experiences.

how wonder if 5.1 headphones plays a factor

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the only way you can get that is with a good home theater 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I personally think any cinema audio is crap. I'm much more comfortable with my 5.1 surround speakers. As to headphones, pick any. Even a low end one just plain sounds better than anything you can hear at a cinema (mostly because you don't need as much amplification that distorts sound).

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Sure. You do realise that watching movies at that volume is awful for your ears?

I personally think any cinema audio is crap. I'm much more comfortable with my 5.1 surround speakers. As to headphones, pick any. Even a low end one just plain sounds better than anything you can hear at a cinema (mostly because you don't need as much amplification that distorts sound).

Agreed. Cinema audio is loud, unrefined and is dominated by 'boomy' bass.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Agreed. Cinema audio is loud, unrefined and is dominated by 'boomy' bass.

But for some reason I expect that and want that when I'm watching movies. Don't know why. 

If you want loud volume all you have to do is to turn up the volume. Soundstage cannot be done as well on a headphone compared to large speakers. HD800 if you're looking for headphones primarily for largest soundstage possible. But that costs a lot and the bass isn't going to be what you seem to want. I think a normal $400 or less headphone will do the trick, otherwise get speakers. They exist for a reason.

Some say that the experience of sound waves hitting your chest etc is what makes speakers more enjoyable than headphones. For a loud cinema experience I think that's part of it and headphones cannot replicate that.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?