• - Asus 5-1 transformer
News Items

Wireless 802.11ax can hit 10.5 Gb/s
Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: qwertywarrior
Source 2: engadget.com
Source 3: huawei.com
  • - Huawei tested WiFi based on the new 802.11ax
  • - Can hit speeds of 10.53GB/s
  • - The trick is making more efficient use of the airwaves.
  • - It is better at allocating wireless spectrum, juggling data between multiple antennas.
  • - Huawei estimates that super-fast routers might not hit the market until 2018, and that's assuming that both the 802.11ax standard and matching chipsets are ready.
  • - An updated 802.11ac spec (802.11ac-2013) is expected to launch in 2015 with 7Gbps speeds.
Asus transformer Book V 5-in-1
Source 1: gizmodo.com
Source 2: cnet.com
Source 3: dailytech.com
  • - "one of its most unusual products yet: a 5-in-1 device that's a phone, tablet and PC."
  • - five modes of operation
  • - 12.5" Windows Laptop with IPS display
  • - Detachable keyboard
  • - Detachable 5" Android phone
  • - Phone can also power the laptop
  • - Intel Atom, 4GB RAM, 28Wh battery, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD in the Keyboard.
  • - Phone: 11mm thick, 2500mAh battery, up to 64GB storage.
Asus Padfone X
Source 1: engadget.com
  • - Pic in source 1.
  • - Phone & a tablet dock for the phone.
  • - Phone has a 5" screen
  • - Tablet is a 9" screen 1920x1200
  • - Runs Android
  • - Tablet Dock has a separate 4990 mAh battery, the phone 2300mAh
  • - In total enough for 10h video playback

Asus PA328Q 4k
  • - 10-bit colour
  • - 100% sRGB colour gamut
  • - 3 HDMI posts, DP 1.2, mini DP 1.2, 4 USB 3 ports
  • - Stand lets you adjust tilt, swivel, pivot and height.
  • - Asus is aiming for around half the price of the high end $3,800 PQ series.
iOS 8
Source 1: pcmag.com
Source 2: techradar.com
  • - Available "for developers in beta now and will get a final release in the fall."
  • - Messages gets a new keyboard "Quick Type" enhanced auto-correct that predicts the next word based on people you are talking to. It also gives suggestions.
  • - iOS 8 will support third-party keyboard apps.
  • - Interactive Notifications: reply from the Notification pull down thingy.
  • - Mail has gestures for removing, flagging and similar.
  • - New Health App: "HealthKit"
  • - HomeKit allows home automation to be paired to the phone.
  • - "photo taken with an iOS 8 device will be available via iCloud"
  • - 5GB Storage for free, 20GB for 99ct, 200GB for 3.99$
  • - Siri now with Shazam Integration
  • - iOS 8 Compatible with iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 2 or newer.
Microsoft plans to do more for PC Gaming
Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Johners
Source 2: gamespot.com
Source 3: shacknews.com
  • - Microsoft acquired the Rise of Nations franchise, they plan to re-release it on Steam
  • - Head of XBOX, Phil Spencer said on Twitter: "Steam is a great place to sell Win32 games. We acquired the IP for future work"
  • - Spencer: "Part of my Xbox role is to bring back our Windows gaming focus"
  • - Microsoft doesn't plan to compete directly with Steam, but said, "it's important to invest in PC gaming in a real way.”
Microsoft Cortana
Source 2: vg247.com
  • - Microsoft’s response to Siri and Google Now.
  • - Microsoft is after the human element in their phones.
  • - Cortana has the ability to strike-up casual conversation with users.
  • - Microsoft Cortana is currently only available in beta for Windows Phone 8, and is restricted to the US.
  • - Cortana is a server-side app, Microsoft can add new jokes and comments as quickly as it likes.
  • - Will be implemented in Windows Phone and on the Xbox One.
Apple lightning headphones with 48kHz output
Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: l3lackmoses
Source 2: arstechnica.com
  • - New specification called “Made for iPhone” (MFi).
  • - Will allow OEMs to make headphones that use the lightning connector instead of the headphone jack.
  • - Headphones using the lightning connector will be able to get a 48kHz stereo output and microphones will be able to send a 48kHz mono input.
  • - There will be two different lightning headphones “standard” which will use a simple DAC and “advanced” which will use a DSP and digital audio processing features like active noise cancellation.
  • - This functionality will be enabled in a iOS 7.1 update.
  • - Report suggests a passthrough capability that can send power from an adapter to the headphones to the device, but this is unconfirmed.
  • - The specification could lead to a future where apple devices no longer have 3.5mm audio jacks, however, this would be impractical for most people.
Xbox One more powerful without Kinect
Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Mianthrope
Source 2: techspot.com
  • -  Microsoft said Xbox One will actually be able to make use of additional GPU power when the system does not have to accommodate Microsoft's voice and motion interface.
  • -  “additional resources allow access to up to 10 percent additional GPU performance” - Microsoft Rep
  • - There are plans to release a new SDK that will allow developers to tap into the additional GPU (which was previously reserved for Kinect). This will be released in June.
Project Tango
Source 2: google.com
  • - Google’s “Advanced Technologies and Projects” (ATAP) division started Project Tango to bring 3D mapping to the masses.
  • - ATAP announced it’s first piece of hardware in February 2014.
  • - A new prototype 7” tablet has been announced. It has a 1080p display, Nvidia’s quad-core Tegra K1 chip, 4gb or RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
  • - Will also have USB 3.0, micro HDMI, Bluetooth LE and LTE.
  • - Has two cameras and a depth sensor on the back.
  • - One camera is 4MP with huge 2 micron pixels (similar to HTC’s concept).
  • - Cameras are angled to allow a natural holding position.

Rapid Fire

No microsoft start menu on Windows 8 until 2015
Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: nfsundergroundd
Source 2: bit-tech.net
  • - Latest rumours suggest the updated start menu wouldn’t be appearing until some time next year.
  • - The feature is now scheduled for “Windows Threshold” the codename for Windows 9.
Asus Sabranco White PCB
Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Tea1337
Source 2: twitter.com
  • - Motherboard picture in source 2.
  • - Tweet now has 600 of 500 retweets that were required.
Xbox One controller drivers on PC
Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Damikiller
Source 2: theverge.com
  • - Microsoft promised support back in November.
  • - Simply use a micro USB cable to connect both.
  • - Drivers are now available for download separately but will be added in a windows update patch soon.
TrackingPoint - Google Glass rifle sight
  • - Shotview is a system that separates the sight from the gun entirely
  • - TrackingPoint wants people to be able to point weapons around corners and “blind fire” with accuracy by streaming video of what the gun is targeting to the device.
  • - Video in source 1.
Dragon v2
Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: steffen_anywhere
  • - Can carry 7 astronauts
  • - Propulsion landing almost anywhere in the world
  • - designed to be reusable
Edited by ixi_your_face
fixed for night and bulletpoints

damn i missed it again i always god damn forget :/ 

This has got to be one of the funniest wan shows ever! slick with his google now impression then the nfs underground engine noise omg i was laughing so hard!

You guys really helped for the Sabranco tweet ha!

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

This WAN Show was one of the most hilarious WAN Shows in a while especially when Linus and Slick splashed water on Taran and their camera lol!

Linus

:lol:

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I have to say, these WAN shows are better entertainment than most of the tripe I'm finding on TV. I love them, just don't do an overclocked series, wouldn't want an "x" or a "k" version :P

Just watched it, laughed my ass of, you guys make my days with your videos. 

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

Ouhhhh!!!

Got mentioned on the WAN Show!

Anyways, great show this week!

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Asus Transformer... AWESOME!!!  I can see this type of tech as being very useful when the automotive industry gets ahold of the idea... a slot/dock for a mobile/handheld device on the dashboard of our vehicles is going to be so cool.  Just think... with a handheld device we could unlock our doors, & start the ignition like a "SMART KEY".  The device would fit into the dashboard slot/dock for streaming music from our own libraries, getting navigation info, make/receiving calls etc... all with a handheld device that fits uniquely into the dashboard.  Security could be an issue...  but they could make it so it only activates once the owners fingerprint, voice and facial recognition are input.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

What's funny is, powerful CEO's and the Elite people of the electronic world that have influence on nearly everybody's lives in regards to their technological daily comforts probably know of your online status, but your classmates don't.

Yeah we are truly in a different world. Maybe we can call our segmented world the Linus box. Maybe we can all have a secret binary wink like a handshake, right for 0 left for 1. Can that be a thing?

I just went back to the Asus tweet about the white PCB motherboards and laughed so hard when I saw the number of retweets. over 1,700.

Linus I like the show I try to watch in live every week if I can if not I watch the archive! I think you would agree when I say that the show is lacking a little in community interaction lately, have you considered doing a Q & A show every other week or once a month? It could be prerecorded or live, or maybe you could alternate between doing it live and prerecording it. People could ask you question in a thread on the forum if you don't do it live. 

(In response to HighLANder)

Oh cool.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti

SSD: WD SN850X 4TB x2

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Master B550

Case: Fractal Torrent

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Is there any solid info on the HighLANder event yet? I started a thread in the General Discussion asking about it with no luck as it faded into the deep. I am guessing it is in Leadville considering the  Mt. Elbert mention, but when is the darn thing? I am going to be seriously bummed if it is the 19th of July, I fly out to hang with my brother in LA that weekend and the suspense is killing me!

Anyway, this was one heck of a WAN show, thanks LMG!

whenever luke appears in a video im like..

jenna.gif

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

This WAN Show was one of the most hilarious WAN Shows in a while especially when Linus and Slick splashed water on Taran and their camera lol!

Yah that whole after party thing made me smile a bit didn't expect that. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Seriously guys, white balance & sound levels is literally day one of film school. I know because I went to film school.

It's also day one if you do a one week course.

I've been subscribed to your channel for quite a while but I finally signed up to the forums to ask you to please get your act together. I watch the WAN Show on youtube & because it's a long video, sometimes pause to watch other shorter videos while I'm browsing. It's super annoying to have to change the volume or get my ears blasted every time. Having watched the tour of your workplace recently, it looks like you have a lot of expensive video gear & I imagine that a high quality standard is important to you so please take the 30 seconds to do a proper white balance before you start a show that is an hour & a half long.

I love your work, but doing an entire show with green skin is pretty unprofessional & I know that with a little effort you guys can look a lot better than the low budget guys with nothing but a webcam. A the moment all the money you've invested in high quality gear is going to waste.

No way to hack a DVI cable? Then why did I buy these?
cable-anti-virus1.jpg?w=640