Xbox One controller finally gets official drivers from Microsoft for PC

Xbox_One_Controller.jpg

Microsoft is releasing PC drivers for the Xbox One controller today. After promising support back at the original console launch in November, the drivers are now available for x86 and x64 copies of Windows. The drivers include support for the Xbox One controller to be used with any game that supported the Xbox 360 controller. There’s no separate dongle required to connect up the Xbox One controller as you can simply use a micro USB cable to connect to a PC. Microsoft is releasing the drivers today at its download site, but the company is also planning to distribute them through Windows Update “in the near future.”

Not much to say here but I might actually consider getting one to play certain games on :)

PC Drivers for Xbox One Controller (x86)

PC Drivers for Xbox One Controller (x64)

Source: The Verge

sweet but i think ill stick to my 360 controller as i dont want to plug and unplug my one controller everytime i want to use it with my pc or xbox one and the 360 doesnt use a terrible micro usb cord.

Eh, a simple 360 pad is still totally fine (except for the D-pad) and it's also cheaper. The DS4 also works like a charm with DS4 tool and it's one of the most comfortable gamepads I've ever used + the touchpad is actually useful if you're lazy and have to change something that is mouse controlled. I'm not really interested, also what took them so long?

Nice, I prefer it over the 360 one.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Any news on wireless?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

For now it appears that they have it working with USB. Maybe they will bring out a new dongle soon unless the old one works.

There isn't any reason the old one shouldn't work, though thats not to say microsoft won't make a new dongle for the XBone controller just to get more money out of us. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

I just bought a new 360 controller for PC so I'm probably going to keep that for a good while. I have yet to try an Xbone controller.

Might ugrade, my 360 controller is beginning to fall apart

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There isn't any reason the old one shouldn't work, though thats not to say microsoft won't make a new dongle for the XBone controller just to get more money out of us.

If Microsoft has not forgot about people using pcs for gaming

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

This is good news, I can live without the wireless as that controller is worth using on the PC. 

Little known (or probably widely known) secret, the dumbing down of BF4 in the vehicular controls department makes using a controller on the PC worth it. KBM? I crash a chopper every few minutes. Controller? I'm a flying god. 

It's a notable upgrade to the 360 controller. Better sticks, better Dpad, better ergonomics, better triggers and (IMO) much better bumpers too.

My wired Xbox 360 Controller has been working for me the last few years but it's getting a bit worn out now.  Now would be a good time to replace them with the Xbone controller... or PS4 one if the touchpad can be used for the mouse.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Yeah, I can see myself getting one of these eventually.

Ps4 controller still fits in my hands better, but nice that the X1 controller now has official drivers.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

My wired Xbox 360 Controller has been working for me the last few years but it's getting a bit worn out now.  Now would be a good time to replace them with the Xbone controller... or PS4 one if the touchpad can be used for the mouse.

Apparently the PS4's touchpad can be used as a mouse (http://www.tested.com/tech/gaming/459529-how-use-dualshock-4-pc/) so that is pretty cool

I have an issue with micro usb being the only way to connect the controller.  Speaking as someone who bought PS3 controllers to play on the PC, playing even with mini-usb would cause random disconnects as the cord fell out (albeit I sometimes used a 15 foot cord).  The smaller usb standard just needs to go away, because I would hate to see playing a game only to have the cable tugged a bit and breaks the usb connector.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

Another move in the right direction from Microsoft. I like this Nadella chap.

The controller uses a different connection standard if I remember correctly. That's one reason why they were able to improve voice chat quality

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are using a different wireless method.

sweet but i think ill stick to my 360 controller as i dont want to plug and unplug my one controller everytime i want to use it with my pc or xbox one and the 360 doesnt use a terrible micro usb cord.

honestly ill take a shitty universal connector that proprietary one, that i had to pay 20$ (4 years ago) extra in order to use my old wireless 360 controller in my PC baffles me 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

this is pretty awesome. im probably going to wait until it has support for wireless with the pc though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

DS3 is my personal preference

But yeah great news for the XBone dudes!

Pilates

honestly ill take a shitty universal connector that proprietary one, that i had to pay 20$ (4 years ago) extra in order to use my old wireless 360 controller in my PC baffles me 

Because they aren't using a typical bluetooth connection like the Playstation. They're using a proprietary wireless solution that your PC doesn't have natively. And they made it so the control data doesn't go through the play and charge kit, it only supplies power.

At least that's what they say, but I was curious and connected my wireless controller to my PC that way and it had some drivers install specifically for the play and charge kit... so I don't actually know.

My 360 pad is still fine for me. But if I ever feel the need to upgrade I might get this

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Really nice. Now can we have official proper drivers for Dualshock 4? That controller is amazing. Finally a playstation controller you can use without being a 6 year old japanese child, with proper angled buttons.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro