[Beware WCCF] Haswell-e launch date confirmed by Intel and Broadwell/Devils canyon info.

ViruZ_HUN

Haswell-e launch date is confirmed:D FINALLY! and we also have some Broadwell and devils canyon info. And I7 5930k is a 6 core. F°°k off Intel!! :(

Source: http://wccftech.com/intel-roadmap-confirms-devils-canyon-delay-q3-2014-haswelle-september-broadwell-late-q1-2015/

Copied information:

A few days ago, we published an article which reported that the upcoming Devil’s Canyon processors from Intel might be delayed to Q3 2014 (August – September). An official Intel roadmap published by VR-Zone seems to be confirming that Intel’s Devil’s Canyon processors have actually been moved from launch on 2nd June 2014 to Q3 2014. (Image credits – VR-Zone)Intel-Devils-Canyon-Roadmap-635x426.jpg

Intel Roadmap Confirms Devil’s Canyon Delay To Q3 2014

From what we have heard and previously reported, Intel will only paper launch these processors on 2nd June at Computex 2014. They will also host an overclocking competition that would allow attendees and overclockers to test out the new Core i7-4790K and Core i5-4690K processors prior to launch. It is known that the new Devil’s Canyon processors ship with faster clock speeds, better packaging materials, design that’s built to sustain overclocking and most importantly, better TIM between the IHS and die of the processor to get better results while overclocking.

Several retail sites have listed the Core i7-4790K, Core i5-4690K and Pentium G3258 processors for pre-order prior to their launch but the actual sales won’t commence until end of September 2014. Users who have purchased the Z97 motherboards specifically for Intel Devil’s Canyon processors will have to look into Haswell and its Refresh series until Devil’s Canyon launches. We also received information that almost all of the motherboard makers are holding out for Devil’s Canyon to launch their high-performance and enthusiast minded Z97 boards. Currently, the Z97 boards available by ASUS, MSI, GIgabyte, ASRock haven’t seen the flagship parts such as the ASRock Extreme9, ASUS Maximus VII Formula, etc. These boards will be launched with Devil’s Canyon and marketed as proper overclocking boards with support for Devil’s Canyon. Following are the list of Devil’s Canyon and Intel’s 20th Anniversary Pentium processors which we expect to see in the market:

Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i5-4690K, Pentium G3258 Specifications Chart:   Intel Pentium G3258 Intel Core i5-4690K Intel Core i7-4770K Intel Core i7-4790K Codename Haswell Devil’s Canyon Haswell Devil’s Canyon Process 22nm 22nm 22nm 22nm CPU Cores 2/2 4/4 4/8 4/8 Graphics HD Graphics HD 4600 HD 4600 HD 4600 Base Clock 3.2 GHz 3.5 GHz 3.5 GHz 4.0 GHz Turbo Boost 3.2 GHz 3.9 GHz 3.9 GHz 4.4 GHz L3 Cache 3 MB 6 MB 8 MB 8 MB TDP 53W 88W 84W 88W Price $70-80 US $250 US $350 US $350 US Intel Core i7-4790K

The Core i7-4790K will be the flagship processor of the Haswell Refresh lineup and the first 22nm consumer CPU to obtain clock frequency of 4 GHz and a maximum boost clock of 4.4 GHz which is also a first for Intel. It will feature 4 cores and 8 threads along with a fully unlocked design which will allow users to overclock the chip past the limits thanks to the improved thermal design and updated package materials. The Core i7-4790K will feature a 88W TDP and would come with the latest HD 4600 graphics chip clocked at 1250 MHz. The pre-order pricing suggest a retail cost of around $359.99 US.

Intel Core i5-4690K

The Core i5-4690K will be the fastest Core i5 Series processor of the Haswell Refresh lineup featuring a clock frequency of 3.5 GHz and a maximum boost clock of 3.9 GHz matching the specs of the Core i7-4770K in a way. It will feature 4 cores and 4 threads along with a fully unlocked design which will allow users to overclock the chip past the limits thanks to the improved thermal design and updated package materials. The Core i5-4690K will feature a 88W TDP and would come with the latest HD 4600 graphics chip clocked at 1250 MHz. Pricing is not known at the moment. The pre-order pricing suggest a retail cost of around $249.99 US.

Intel-Computex-2014-Competition-635x301.

Haswell-E In September Followed By Broadwell in Q1 2015

The roadmap also confirms that Haswell-E would be shipping to consumers in September 2014 which is the true HEDT platform for enthusiast and overclockers featuring support for next generation 8 and 6 core SKUs based on the Haswell 22nm die. The Haswell-E chips would be the first to support DDR4 memory on a socketed consumer platform.

Model Intel Core i7-5960X Intel Core i7-5930K Intel Core i7-5820K Intel Core i7-4960X Platform Haswell-E Haswell-E Haswell-E Ivy Bridge-E Process 22nm 22nm 22nm 22nm Cores/Threads 8/16 6/12 6/12 6/12 Cache 20 MB L3 15 MB L3 15 MB L3 15 MB L3 Core Clock 3.0 GHz 3.5 GHz 3.3 GHz 3.3 GHz Socket LGA 2011-3 LGA 2011-3 LGA 2011-3 LGA 2011 TDP 140W 140W 140W 130W Memory DDR4-2133 MHz DDR4-2133 MHz DDR4-2133 MHz DDR3-1600 MHz Chipset X99 X99 X99 X79

Broadwell is also mentioned as a Q1 2015 product for desktops however all previous reports have pointed that it might slip past to Q2 2015. Sources suggest that Broadwell for desktops is pushed to May – June 2015 from its original launch period of Q1, the same year. While Intel is pushing Broadwell for mobility devices in Holiday of 2014 (Q4 2014), the desktop lineup would be further delayed. Broadwell would be the first 14nm consumer chip and would be headed to mobility platforms first in Q4 2014 followed by desktop chips in Q1 / Q2 2015.

(Dont dear post this before me)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

why post BEWARE when u know fully well that most of the stuff they post is BS

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

still wccf = still shit

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

This SUCKS. I really hoped to get the 4790k this june. Probs will wait for 5820k cuz it'll have 6 corez.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

WCCF........ :rolleyes:

I have wanted more of a divide in Intel's line up, I guess having the 5930K as a 6core and 5960X as 8core is just that. not sure how some people will take that though.
For the budget orinentated. the 5820k is looking like a good chip, provided its priced well.

the IMC on these chips will be interesting. 2133Mhz should mean a lot of people will be on 2400Mhz Ram and 3000Mhz will be more achievable. I look forward to seeing some reviews
Results will give me a good indication of how Broadwell-E will be like. as you could extrapolate results.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Not always, but Dont stop the Hope!

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Maybe intressted...

@Slick

@LinusTech

I'll beileve it when I see it.  I think of things things as rumors, things to consider but could be totally off.  Until its reported by a VERY reputable source I wont beileve it sorry. 

I'll beileve it when I see it.  I think of things things as rumors, things to consider but could be totally off.  Until its reported by a VERY reputable source I wont beileve it sorry. 

I hope that 5930k is a 8 core at the computex which in 2 weeks.................

I'll be a little disappointed that it could possibly be releasing in September. I was hoping for June.

Anyway, I always said that the 5930k would be a 6 core, why would Intel want to loose money? If the 5930X and 5930k were both 8 cores very little people would buy the Extreme. Now on the flip side, there is a more compelling reason to buy an 5930X is the only 8 core Intel CPU they sell. (Excluding Xeon of course)  

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

might very well be, but I would expect the 8 core to be the X edition,  Lets hope the 5930k is an 8 core too :D

I'll be a little disappointed that it could possibly be releasing in September. I was hoping for June.

Anyway, I always said that the 5930k would be a 6 core, why would Intel want to loose money? Ithe 5930X and 5930k were both 8 cores very little people would buy the Extreme. 

yeah, but then the next year they would put both on 8 cores.  Its just a common money making tactic, they have the ability to put 8 cores on both but leave it for a year to make some extra dollars. 

Anyway, I always said that the 5930k would be a 6 core, why would Intel want to loose money? If the 5930X and 5930k were both 8 cores very little people would buy the Extreme. Now on the flip side, there is a more compelling reason to buy an 5930X is the only 8 core Intel CPU they sell. (Excluding Xeon of course)  

You havea point these.  3960/70x and 4960x was not a great succses for intel. 70% of the Socket 2011 buyers bought 4930k..

But seems that i need to buy athe expensive one:/, aka 5960x

Yes, probably fake since WCCF posted this. Every other site that reported this is legit 100%.  :rolleyes:

exactly like I've been saying for like 4 months, 5930k would be 6 core and people waiting for it whilst having money to buy the 4930k/3930k now were dumb :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yes, probably fake since WCCF posted this. Every other site that reported this is legit 100%.  :rolleyes:

Hey look, the WCCF guy (Hassan Mujtaba) is here! Do you really need to come in here to defend yourself? I would like to see you try this on OCN instead of making snide remarks on your website against other OCN members.

I think I've made it clear who I am in my profile and that comment wasn't targeted towards one specific member, it was targeted towards several who were bringing up their own theories on this.

I've been on OCN before, its pointless arguing with them since they probably know more than pc journalists. Not saying the forum isn't a great resource for the pc community, guys like Alatar and few more post some really interesting stuff but its disappointing that the majority don't follow them as an example.

I said a similar thing earlier today. These wccf post are getting ridiculous. OPs either need to own up to posting bs or not post it at all. Theres plenty of tech news out there without scraping the bottom of the barrel every other day.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

WCCF is a hit/miss. I've followed Devil's Canyon\Haswell Refresh since it's inception and WCCF has reported incorrect information on the topic of Refresh in the past. I take WCCF as a notification of news that I confirm with other sources.

CPU Intel i7-4770k Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 RAM

8GB Corsair Vengeance Newegg Red Edition GPU ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII Case

Cooler Master HAF XB Storage OCZ Agility 4 128GB, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX PSU Antec 650w Display(s) Dell s2209wb Cooling Noctua NH-D14

WCCF is a hit/miss. I've followed Devil's Canyon\Haswell Refresh since it's inception and WCCF has reported incorrect information on the topic of Refresh in the past. I take WCCF as a notification of news that I confirm with other sources.

Please post what information did we reported incorrectly on Haswell Refresh. Links would be better for me to check.

Here's a link I saw back in April reporting Refresh's availability in April, when in reality it was released on May 11.

http://wccftech.com/intel-haswell-refresh-launching-april-haswelle-follow-quarter/

CPU Intel i7-4770k Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 RAM

8GB Corsair Vengeance Newegg Red Edition GPU ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII Case

Cooler Master HAF XB Storage OCZ Agility 4 128GB, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX PSU Antec 650w Display(s) Dell s2209wb Cooling Noctua NH-D14

Here's a link I saw back in April reporting Refresh's availability in April, when in reality it was released on May 11.

http://wccftech.com/intel-haswell-refresh-launching-april-haswelle-follow-quarter/

This is an example of the baseless claims I meant. That author in particular is guilty of this more often than not, at least the others go by another source instead of saying "We got word". The Videocardz person(s) is another case of this.

Im on mobile at the moment but the previos slides from Intel did confirm an early launch for both Haswell Refresh and Haswell-E processors.

Regardless of that, we did update you guys with a follow up article on the new release date -http://wccftech.com/haswell-refresh-updated-roadmap-leaked-official-launch-11th-may/

Notice how it says Updated Roadmap, that's exactly what happened.