why does every youtubers buy high end camera and still just upload non hdr videos.

220VoltsallCore

Youtube doesn't support HDR, atlest couldn't find any video which does and windows changes to HDR mode, compared when played using HDR media and VLC.

38 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

YouTube absolutely supports HDR. Here's why very few use it:

The situation has improved somewhat since then, but there is a long road ahead still.

hello linus, i see the problem.

that rtx auto hdr was nice i found the burried setting in control panel. now i enjoy it

Maybe they buy high end cameras for other reasons, like maybe the higher resolution (so you could crop a 4k image out of a bigger one or zoom in if needed), or  better low light sensitivity, bigger sensors, better video formats or options for dumping the recordings directly to a hard drive or through SDI or some other outputs , options for external microphones, better image stabilization, support for color corrections etc etc 

It's a bit of a shame that steam hardware survey doesn't include if the monitor is capable of 10bit , or HDR, if it's cheap laptop 6bit+FRC panel ,8 bit, 8 bit+FRC for 10 bit, native 10 bit etc etc 

6 hours ago, Likwid said:

Youtube doesn't support HDR, atlest couldn't find any video which does and windows changes to HDR mode, compared when played using HDR media and VLC.

1000% does, just needs to be uploaded as such. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7126552?hl=en 

HDR Setup Guide - VESA Certified DisplayHDR™

Regardless, its not really going to catch on until monitors most people buy can actually play it back properly. The $200 stuff most are looking at simply can't do it, even it supports turning HDR on in Windows. 

Within the last couple of months though real progress has been made bringing truly HDR capable displays down in price, notably the AOC Q27G3XMN @ $280. 

2 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

1000% does, just needs to be uploaded as such. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7126552?hl=en 

Regardless, its not really going to catch on until monitors most people buy can actually play it back properly. The $200 stuff most are looking at simply can't do it, even it supports turning HDR on in Windows. 

Within the last couple of months though real progress has been made bringing truly HDR capable displays down in price, notably the AOC Q27G3XMN @ $280. 

my LG 27uk650 looks awesome in hdr. seems latest monitors looks much better

1 minute ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

my LG 27uk650 looks awesome in hdr. seems latest monitors looks much better

Yeah, that LG is edge lit and lacks a wide color gamut. Trust me, when you see HDR on a display really capable of displaying it, its game changing. Squinting at on screen highlights that would make you squint in real life is a pretty surreal feeling. 

11 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Yeah, that LG is edge lit and lacks a wide color gamut. Trust me, when you see HDR on a display really capable of displaying it, its game changing. Squinting at on screen highlights that would make you squint in real life is a pretty surreal feeling. 

https://www.lg.com/in/monitors/gaming/27gp850-b/

how about this. i am upgrade to this in future

10 perecent less quality than OLED which is 99

image.png.7c83d621f4f6c1f8969d99bdc133e970.png

9 minutes ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

https://www.lg.com/in/monitors/gaming/27gp850-b/

how about this. i am upgrade to this in future

10 perecent less quality than OLED which is 99

image.png.7c83d621f4f6c1f8969d99bdc133e970.png

If HDR is something you're after, you want to prioritize something with Mini-LED backlighting at the very least. That LG is also edge-lit so no local dimming and poor contrast, really not a good combination to properly recreate an HDR image. Color is important but contrast and brightness, and more importantly the ability to direct that brightness to specific parts of the display (full array local dimming) is a critical for the "wow" factor of proper HDR. Up until recently you needed to spend upwards of $600+ for something like this but that aforementioned AOC is bringing impressive HDR down to $280 which is incredible. 

There will certainly be more like that as time goes on and proper HDR gets more and more popular. 

image.png.94ee316c290a720b5c457660441872b2.png

5 minutes ago, Likwid said:

Can you please send me a link of that video, still can't find anything that's in HDR.

My display specs

All of these are available in HDR, but will only show HDR as an option if you have HDR enabled in Windows and your browser is up to date. I've only ever used Chrome. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=4K+HDR 

8 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

All of these are available in HDR, but will only show HDR as an option if you have HDR enabled in Windows and your browser is up to date. I've only ever used Chrome. 

Nothing similiar to what you are seeing in Firefox. will try Chrome, thanks for information :). HDR is enabled in widnows and works in games and movies.
image.png.ffcf49960ef5c85683ce454edb3440dd.png

EDIT: shows HDR in chrome.

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If HDR is something you're after, you want to prioritize something with Mini-LED backlighting at the very least. That LG is also edge-lit so no local dimming and poor contrast, really not a good combination to properly recreate an HDR image. Color is important but contrast and brightness, and more importantly the ability to direct that brightness to specific parts of the display (full array local dimming) is a critical for the "wow" factor of proper HDR. Up until recently you needed to spend upwards of $600+ for something like this but that aforementioned AOC is bringing impressive HDR down to $280 which is incredible. 

There will certainly be more like that as time goes on and proper HDR gets more and more popular. 

any other models in LG, samsung or other brands less than 35k inr. because aoc not available

this lg i told is 32k. 383 usd

6 minutes ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

any other models in LG, samsung or other brands less than 35k inr. because aoc not available

this lg i told is 32k. 383 usd

This Acer has some problems but gives a really good HDR experience. Its also more expensive than the AOC at $400 USD. 

Acer Nitro XV275U P3biipx

35 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

what dci coverage it has ?

so mini led has anything other too do than making blacks and white contrast

cant find website link

are hdr monitors getting cheaper? now. should i wait around till gta6 release for a 99% coverage. does contrast ratio matter that much @Paul Rudd

3 minutes ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

are hdr monitors getting cheaper?

I’ve explained above that yes, that is just starting. I also gave two examples. 

Yes, poor contrast ratio provides a terrible experience. A good ability to distinguish between light and dark is a core attribute to proper HDR reproduction. 

17 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

144p60 HDR. What an experience.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

18 hours ago, Likwid said:

Nothing similiar to what you are seeing in Firefox. will try Chrome, thanks for information :). HDR is enabled in widnows and works in games and movies.

EDIT: shows HDR in chrome.

Firefox doesn't support HDR at all, which is the main reason why I don't use it.

6 hours ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

are hdr monitors getting cheaper? now. should i wait around till gta6 release for a 99% coverage. does contrast ratio matter that much @Paul Rudd

I don't know why you're so fixated on PCI-P3 color space coverage as your indicator of HDR quality. A monitor with 85% coverage and a good local dimming backlight will have better HDR than a monitor with 99% coverage and no local dimming.

Decent HDR monitors can be had for $280 nowadays, but it's only one specific model from AOC so far. All the other monitors that market HDR in this price range don't offer any real HDR capabilities.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Firefox doesn't support HDR at all, which is the main reason why I don't use it.

I don't know why you're so fixated on PCI-P3 color space coverage as your indicator of HDR quality. A monitor with 85% coverage and a good local dimming backlight will have better HDR than a monitor with 99% coverage and no local dimming.

Decent HDR monitors can be had for $280 nowadays, but it's only one specific model from AOC so far. All the other monitors that market HDR in this price range don't offer any real HDR capabilities.

i just think about my monitor.

a white circle in a black backgound doesnt look that much good in a monitor when compared to oled s20

yeah just increased black levels

but hdr looks much on s20 due to colors

Dimming Test

1 minute ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

a white circle in a black backgound doesnt look that much good in a monitor when compared to oled s20

Dimming Test

*good in a phone when compared to monitor

8 minutes ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

Dimming Test

6 minutes ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

*good in a phone when compared to monitor

Colors do have an impact, but it's not the most important factor. And typically you don't need to worry about it. Any monitor that delivers good HDR already comes with a good color gamut of at least 90% DCI-P3, most are over 95% nowadays. All current OLED models at least sit around 97%. So what I'm trying to say: If you're looking at a decent HDR monitor, all of them have good enough color coverage.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

12 hours ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

are hdr monitors getting cheaper? now. should i wait around till gta6 release for a 99% coverage. does contrast ratio matter that much

HDR is out is my expertise, all I know about HDR is that there are many forms of HDR and most of them are pretty basic and nothing special. As for contrast ratio, it's also out of my expertise. I just remember there's backlight and dim light gimmicks involved in certain types of contrasting and that native contrasting is more important than those gimmick types of contrasting. I also remember a VA monitor has a higher contrast ratio than an IPS monitor but a VA monitor also has ghosting issues when it comes to high frame rate gaming. I definitely notice things such as washed out colors or blacks not being the deepest blacks on my current TN monitor but these are not things I invest a lot of time noticing so it doesn't bother me when I spot them.