The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

hi :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Just because you asked, here's one more:

I found some time to work on the pedestal. The poor thing had been left as a frame only for over a week:

AoFDJF3l.jpg

First up- base added:

ClLSOj5l.jpg

That leaves these bare spaces where the casters go (what a shocker!):

ZUHBQWTl.jpg

For some reason I had the standard casters on the case even though the TX10 comes with HD casters as default. Much as I would have liked the SD caster platform, I couldn't justify $180 on it when even the SD casters were working ok. But I went ahead and got a set of HD casters:

COKLLyRl.jpg

That's better. Now it is much easier to roll around in place and makes putting on things way easier too:

jqtHbzzl.jpg

Now it's time to put on the powdercoated pieces. First up, the side panels:

WLRNPlAl.jpg

I was set to save money and just have the outer sides powdercoated at first. But when I realized this wasn't going to cost as much as I though, I went with double side coating. Definitely made the right choice here I believe! Now let's add in the back and front panels and fit in a flexbay cover as well:

AGanRdQl.jpg

Hmmm.. I am glad I made that mock up in paint before. The black flexbay cover looks so out of place here:

CuSBwJal.jpg

Let's fix that up quick:

yNzaEQrl.jpg

Much better. Now I know I promised close ups to better represent the powdercoat accurately, but without better lighting the camera just can't see what I can with my naked eyes. I went over to the local camera store and even they admitted that a table top "studio" was going to be my best bet. So I am going to place an order for it and it should be here pretty soon. That will allow for a lot more freedom in taking component pictures, including a little something red from EVGA for benching.

Don't go by the color just yet, I have found even this looks different in different light like the Blue Speckle earlier. When direct light hits it, the Speckle part is much more obvious and it looks more white in color with spots of black. When diffused light hits, it is more of a white-pale yellow. Under typical fluorescent bulb lighting, it looks more caramel. I am pretty sure the all the speckles do this.

I wish I could show better how it looks in person, the texture is also very unique and makes it very dist/moisture resistant. Here are the promised close-up shots:

0KR2ue6l.jpg

815rlTRl.jpg

Q6N6D3yl.jpg

Also worked on the doors and got them done:

ZEP9zpql.jpg

2j88hyIl.jpg

I realized later than I had the handles put in the wrong way. No biggie though, took all of 10 seconds to correct. The powdercoaters did a great job masking all the threads and screws. The plexi went in no problem:

6ygISxcl.jpg

Time to screw it in!

mP0BfgHl.jpg

I really like the implementation here, this way one can just buy the plexi window instead of buying the whole door. It looks great the other way round as seen here with the other door:

wRW6Tzdl.jpg

Now on to the main case. First up, the poor frame:

HPYvXzOl.jpg

Let's screw in the pedestal and add in the back panels:

Uuv0bcxl.jpg

Before anything else get's done, something came up that brought back memories of 2011: A Space Odyssey:

hJbzMfWl.jpg

If these were bigger and shone at night, it would be nightmare worthy. Good thing they are just 2 of the 4 vandal switches going in here:

VNqq4wyl.jpg

Each switch is held in place by a O-ring and a screw nut:

UKRoT9Zl.jpg

SsljHixl.jpg

3e7Abd5l.jpg

All done! Now time to mount this in the case:

8kAF8Ocl.jpg

That fit in perfectly. A few minutes later, everything is in place. Here's the money shot (or at least as good of a money shot as I can get with this lighting anyway):

wdPFlL8l.jpg

No, that's not it.. Let's try again:

HjalNvWl.jpg

Ah much better. The speckle is quite prominent in person, just nowhere as much as that mock up above. Let's see it from the side now. First up, Side 1:

BicquIXl.jpg

Don't worry about the components in there, everything other than the GPUs is going on Side 2. Speaking of which:

6Fvbuxnl.jpg

The GF doesn't care at all about XXL window vs XL window so I decided to go ahead with the stock door as I got it. Finally the back:

IukR2hxl.jpg

None of this will really be seen so I didn't bother getting the motherboard tray done. I was also a bit paranoid about possible shorting issues- likely an unjustified paranoia. Anyway, the case exterior is done and now I can begin putting in other components! 

Wow, that looks gorgeous!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

wdPFlL8l.jpg

No, that's not it.. Let's try again:

HjalNvWl.jpg

Possible dumb question incoming:

The finished product is not the white,right?

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

It is, but it is not white. See the close ups above, that's what it looks like in person under different light. In the final position, there will be a window right behind the case so the first close up will be more like how it will look.

Look at the pedestal update from yesterday for example, under dusk light with bulbs on it is more of a beige/caramel color. The shots above were from morning/afternoon light. The speckle in the powdercoat gives a different color based on the light it absorbs.

Oh,yeah!

Looks sweet anyways :D

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Thanks guys, wish you could see this in person honestly! Now that the exterior is done, I can start putting things in and think about lighting inside as well.

Quick poll: What's the best lighting scheme for the interior- cathodes or LED strips? What color(s)?

Just a normal white light but not to bright it lights up your parts and doesn't blind evrything with red or other colours

No No No

White leds all the way.

IMO it's offensive to put colored leds in a caselabs case.

I have a multicolour led strip laying around somewhere you cann dim it etc. Evrything you Will need only thing it isn't made for computers but just ambient lighting you can buy in Ikea let me see if i can find a link else i post Some pics of it tomorrow. It could be something for you and i think it was like 20€ i used it behind my bed for 1.5 years no problem what so ever.

-EDIT- found it :Dhttp://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/ i have something like that. I'll still post Some pics because they have really strange connectors (looks a bit like a 3pin)

Edited by Kittke

No No No

Quick poll: What's the best lighting scheme for the interior- cathodes or LED strips? What color(s)?

I'd go LED because they would last longer. White would look pretty awesome in your build, or the same colour you're gonna do the WC loops...

I'm in love by the way, this thing is sexy.

@VSG here are the pics (sorry for bad quality taken with an ipad.

GREEEN!

If you're going down the LED route, I really highly recommend icemodz LED strips, they can be plugged into any 3 pin fan header and turned off/on as well as be dimmed.  Not to mention they're bright as hell!

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

If you're going down the LED route, I really highly recommend icemodz LED strips, they can be plugged into any 3 pin fan header and turned off/on as well as be dimmed.  Not to mention they're bright as hell!

He says this because he's waiting for his own ;)

He says this because he's waiting for his own ;)

I already have 2 strips, had em for like 6 months now, I tried NZXT + bitfenix alchemy before hand, the icemodz are much much better.

The hook up would be difficult but not impossible you just need to change the wallmount with a 8-pin or something simular but then you need to cut in the cables and void your warranty

RGB is Removable like you see in the picture

post-45933-0-59567500-1406712161.jpg

post-45933-0-22040700-1406712175.jpg

post-45933-0-49422000-1406712183.jpg

No No No