The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

I owe you thanks for this :D

Wonder if he'll sponsor me when I start actually doing things in my build log lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Wonder if he'll sponsor me when I start actually doing things in my build log lol

Only 1 way to find out!

I have ordered a light box and some pro bulbs that should help take better pictures. It is 28" x 28" in size so it should be good enough for most components but the case itself won't fit in: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBER3MK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089Q1J5C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

​No affiliate code or anything in there, don't worry :)

Ya that's not bad at all. I suppose this is as good a time as any to introduce my newest sponsor:

Grats on yet another sponsor that's great news.

If you don't ask you don't get :P

Ooooh a big package arrived from another new sponsor today. I won't say more till I get that lightbox from amazon and take some pictures first  :P

We'll accept rough pictures until you can take beautiful ones... :D

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Just because you asked! This is going to be LTT exclusive till I get and set up the box tomorrow (hopefully anyway):

XlYCwhVh.jpg

The PSU is for review and comparison with the other units I have- especially the sleeved cables. The Alchemy strips I had asked for and thus will be able to make a nice comparison with NZXT Hue, IceModz RGB and Darkside LED (will buy a sample from MNPC or elsewhere) for everyone. They also sent along 2 of their really cool aluminum case badges :)

So here's my latest sponsor:

lztYNTvl.png

I also got a package from John of Jab-Tech. He had a going out of business sadly and I got a few 140x38 mm Yate Loons, some CF sleeving for wiring and a couple of 12-9 and 12-7v voltage reducers. There was a Bitspower T-Shirt thrown in there as well. 

vcoC2Ejl.jpg

I had those same LED's just a word of warning the clear plastic over the top of mine when rock solid, pretty much like glass and when I removed them from my case they snapped like hard candy. Was pretty crazy...

Just because you asked! This is going to be LTT exclusive till I get and set up the box tomorrow (hopefully anyway):

Glad I asked! :D

I just got some Phobya LED-Flexlight kits today,  they're pretty amazing... Just incase you needed to know.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I had those same LED's just a word of warning the clear plastic over the top of mine when rock solid, pretty much like glass and when I removed them from my case they snapped like hard candy. Was pretty crazy...

Was that because of the double sided tape being too strong, requiring a lot of force? Thanks for your input.

I usually use my set of double sided carbon tape for everything like this- excellent stuff for holding light weight material, comes off easily and leaves no residue. It is a laboratory item so I can't tell you if it is available in retail.

Glad I asked!  :D

I just got some Phobya LED-Flexlight kits today,  they're pretty amazing... Just incase you needed to know.

I will check them out. I am not a big fan of Phobya but it is very hard to screw up LEDs- especially if outsourced like most of their stuff is. Thanks for letting me know. You got any pics?

I don't believe so, it wasn't the backside of the PCB that was hard, it was the clear plastic coating over the face of the LED's.. I just bought a cheap, uncovered 5m LED strip from eBay for $12 to replace it. Be interesting to see how long they last...

I don't believe so, it wasn't the backside of the PCB that was hard, it was the clear plastic coating over the face of the LED's.. I just bought a cheap, uncovered 5m LED strip from eBay for $12 to replace it. Be interesting to see how long they last...

I don't suppose that was still under warranty? I can talk to my Bitfenix contact and let him know about this. I haven't heard this before so just maybe he hasn't either.

I would have assumed it was only 12months warranty and I would have been on the edge of that, I wish I had taken photos now. Really, the LED's aren't expensive so i'm not even upset about it, it was just an interesting change :)

I would have assumed it was only 12months warranty and I would have been on the edge of that, I wish I had taken photos now. Really, the LED's aren't expensive so i'm not even upset about it, it was just an interesting change :)

I would say the alchemy connect strips are on the higher end of the price market for lighting. They also have a lot of people recommending them on forums so if this is a prevalent issue then they need to know and correct if possible.

Thanks to LTT members @Lays and @Marcus_UK, there will be another set of components in the lighting overview. I can't recommend anything just yet, but this is the store (work in progress) if anyone wants to check out: http://addoncustoms.com/

I will check them out. I am not a big fan of Phobya but it is very hard to screw up LEDs- especially if outsourced like most of their stuff is. Thanks for letting me know. You got any pics?

I don't have any pictures right now... I'll take some soon.

They are water proof, shock proof, and if ordered from Performance-PCs.com, they will sleeve them for free.

I don't have any pictures right now... I'll take some soon.

They are water proof, shock proof, and if ordered from Performance-PCs.com, they will sleeve them for free.

That would be great, I really appreciate it. I have some parts in my PPC cart anyway (EK clear terminals for example) so will consider adding these in as well. I just had a nice discussion with Daz (from Dazmode.com) about his LEDs and a few other things. Very impressed by what has gone into it, and I am definitely getting a sample to see.

Congrats on another sponsor. I can't wait to see this finished now.

Neither can I. x99 is coming out slowly but steadily:

-snip-

Is that like, a leaked shot? Or what?

Or did you con intel out of it?!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it