How to cool Threadripper Pro 7995wx?

Purchased the 7995wx and need a cooling setup. Im quite new to watercooling and just want the most cooling while being a relativly simple build.  Here are the parts I tossed up for now. Also do yall know a sub 300$ case that supports EEB and can fit a thick 480mm rad?

Watercooling Parts:

Waterblock EK Quantum Magnitude $359.99 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-magnitude-strx4-full-nickel
Radiator Fans PH-F120T30 120mm $30.00 4 https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-PH-F120T30_BG-T30-120-Premium-high-Performance/dp/B09B2LNFV4?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Radiator EK 58mm 480mm $195.00 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-surface-x480m-black
Pump Res Combo D5 205mL 1500L/h 3.9m $215.99 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-kinetic-tbe-200-d5-pwm-d-rgb-acetal
Pump Res Combo option 2 VTX 205mL 1100L/h 5.3m $215.99 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-kinetic-tbe-160-vtx-pwm-d-rgb-acetal
Case Meshify 2 XL (3 included fans) $204.99 1 https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1611291-REG/fractal_design_fd_c_mes2x_01_meshify_2_xl_dark.html
Case option 2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 (no included fans) $150.00 1 https://www.newegg.com/black-phanteks-enthoo-pro-2-atx-full-tower/p/N82E16811854098?item=N82E16811854098&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-_-cases%20(computer%20cases%20-%20atx%20form)-_-phanteks-_-11854098&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic+shopping&utm_campaign=knc-googleadwords-_-cases%20(computer%20cases%20-%20atx%20form)-_-phanteks-_-11854098&source=region
Motherboard ASUS Pro WS WRX90E-SAGE SE      
CPU Threadripper Pro 7995WX      
Tubing EK-Loop Soft Tube 10/13mm 3m - Clear $20.00 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-loop-soft-tube-10-13mm-3m-clear?___store=default
Fittings EK-Quantum Torque STC-10/13 - Black $8.00 6 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-torque-stc-10-13-black?___store=default
Rings EK-Quantum Torque Color Ring 10-Pack STC 10/13 - Black $15.00 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-torque-stc-10-13-color-rings-pack-black-10pcs?___store=default
Fluid EK-CryoFuel Solid Cloud White (Premix 1000mL) $22.00 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-solid-cloud-white-premix-1000ml?___store=default
Bridging Plug (optional) EK-ATX Bridging Plug (24 pin) $3.50 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-atx-bridging-plug-24-pin?___store=default
Fan Splitter 4 way fan splitter (for 4-pin CPU Fan header) $7.00 1 https://www.amazon.com/ThreeBulls-Cooling-Splitter-Adapter-Computer/dp/B07M5P7VHG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=K611NZYBIRIJ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.0Wa20GQf1zt73HFnOAb4sRyDwDAvN6md3f_th2noI0dvykYtXC5v2FnJmnKJ_ZRd1i-j0P6SUUAAiWFXEuVGz_L_65Nu2eD5g00un1-2NhBirBFGkhXtLmemuKeNr6Bqpl43H4lYihe7rGAMz3zznak3_itYOfqrjDwqOVvgTYxxruwO8Xs_1ucD7x_Yl4HZrFdxyDOvgPMBU0dHjo9brU0rJlkamnDEbUt9wa3Rtkg.XIXZEYm58qeaQDCRL_Tcjs3zNeEkf4SbcXx_R4A0E1M&dib_tag=se&keywords=pc+4-fan+splitter&qid=1711826586&sprefix=pc+4-fan+splitter%2Caps%2C65&sr=8-4
Fan Splitter option 2 EK-Cable Splitter 4-Fan PWM Extended $9.50 1 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-splitter-4-fan-pwm-extended

agree with jaslion, threadripper has a way larger die area, which means that it can transfer heat way faster, so the thermal conductivity isn't the bottleneck, like it is with some of the intel processors. So a simple tower cooler can cool one of those, even under 700W+ load

7 minutes ago, MiszS said:

agree with jaslion, threadripper has a way larger die area, which means that it can transfer heat way faster, so the thermal conductivity isn't the bottleneck, like it is with some of the intel processors. So a simple tower cooler can cool one of those, even under 700W+ load

At stock these chips can be cooled by a VERY basic cooler like a u14s is will SUPER easily keep this stuff cool.

Once you oc yeah then things go nuts.

However then you also have to SERIOUSLY consider 2 other things:

- Power draw as these things get REALLY inefficient for the performance gains and usually the sheer power draw defeats the purpose in cost

- Temperature control as finding a cooler is simple an icegiant is plenty to get this thing around 5ghz HOWEVER this will be 1000w+ of HEAT into the room. A LITERAL SPACE HEATER will be on 24/7 so you need to cool the room which costs energy and thus money to do, believe me that cooling a 1000w heatload isn't something a cheap basic ac can easily do nonstop.

Also if you are watercooling get the good stuff no ek bling bling boi stuff.

This'll do well and is easy. Also expandable is so wished. https://shop.alphacool.com/en/shop/cpu-gpu-aios/cpu-aio/11771-alphacool-eisbaer-pro-aurora-360-cpu-aio

As for case a Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 is cheap and a great case that should fit all.

44 minutes ago, jaslion said:

wait what

i wasnt even aware that upgradable or custom loop convertible aios existed till just now

i mean ive heard of ppl hacking aios and integrating them into custom loops but ive never heard of an aio that you can officially turn into a custom loop with minimal to no jank

45 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Once you oc yeah then things go nuts.

However then you also have to SERIOUSLY consider 2 other things:

- Power draw as these things get REALLY inefficient for the performance gains and usually the sheer power draw defeats the purpose in cost

- Temperature control as finding a cooler is simple an icegiant is plenty to get this thing around 5ghz HOWEVER this will be 1000w+ of HEAT into the room. A LITERAL SPACE HEATER will be on 24/7 so you need to cool the room which costs energy and thus money to do, believe me that cooling a 1000w heatload isn't something a cheap basic ac can easily do nonstop.

manual allcore oc or pbo oc?

seems kinda stupid to oc threadripper when you can just buy a couple epyc 9654 for like 4600$ (2300$ each) which is a total of 192 cores + 384 threads for abit under half the price of a single 7995wx, epyc also has 12 channels of ddr5 so even more ram capacity + bandwidth compared to threadripper, and since these are qs epycs you can still overclock them which i suspect would be possible using an older agesa like how youd oc naples or es rome/milan

but its pretty stupid to oc them when your application just needs sheer multicore (the reason youd buy threadripper in the first place) so better off saving power and running at a somewhat lower freq, if you want singlecore go buy a 7950x and oc to ~5.9 singlecore with pbo

the 9v33x also exists which is basically just an oem 9684x which is just a 9654 with some slightly higher boost clocks and triple the l3 cache (1152mb) which even threadripper doesnt have, theyre about 4300$ each so 8600$ for a dual 192c 384t config, and yet even if you buy 2 of em theyre still cheaper than a 7995wx which i find pretty funny

yes those dual socket server boards like the mz73-lm0/1 have pretty meh base i/o since theyre not meant to be used as a desktop board but a few adapters and pcie cards will fix that, i mean theres still slimsas 8i that can be turned into 4 nvme m.2 slots so even if you are running quad gpus on all four 16x slots you can still add pcie expansion cards with some m.2 to pcie adapters

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

You can just buy a nhu14s str5 from noctua?

Fraction of the price and willcool this chip.

But ive got a 14900k with an arctic freezer ii 420mm aio and it thermal throttles even under max fan speed? The intel is a mutch smaller wattage, wouldn't it make sense that I would need more cooling.

1 hour ago, MiszS said:

I was leaning to custom loop bc JayzTwoCents made a video demonstrating how a 360 aio on his threadripper 7980x was upgraded to a custom loop and it made his cinibench score increase 20%

14 minutes ago, GopherTv said:

But ive got a 14900k with an arctic freezer ii 420mm aio and it thermal throttles even under max fan speed? The intel is a mutch smaller wattage, wouldn't it make sense that I would need more cooling.

14900k is more like a 300-350w cpu, that stock 125w tdp is bullshit, and i assume you are running with no power limits? cause stock boost power limit is 253w and some mobos just ignore it by defaultt

and yes thermal transfer bottleneck is an issue with those intel chips, thats literally why you can see massive temp drop by going direct die

the 7995wx has 12 dies + the i/o die and since each die doesnt really consume that much power nor put out much heat its not gonna be very hard to cool since all the heat generating parts are spread out, just up to the cooler on wether or not it can actually dissipate 500w+

theres a reason why you dont really see ppl trying to delid am4 ryzens, sandy bridge, x58, etc. since they can actually dissipate their heat

31 minutes ago, GopherTv said:

Different chips, different sockets, die sizes, you're comparing apples to oranges. Intel's refreshes come with a heavy factory overclock already, it's the copium they use to justify releasing a new one every year, there's hardly anything new except for the clock speed and more cores. The 125 watt TDP isn't a power limit, the CPU -ideally- should draw less than 125W if it wasn't overclocked to the moon already, but then it wouldn't perform as advertised, that's the trick, limit the power and you get a lame CPU that constantly power throttles and performs like grandpapa 9900K.

Threadripper is a completely different architecture, a platform made to be stable rather than OC the shit out of it to get 3 more FPS in games, I was surprised too when a simple air cooler was able to keep mine cool, even under a 100% load, rarely if ever hits 88C, and this in ambient temps of 35C+, it's only a 3955WX but Threadrippers have only improved in the past 2 generations, this isn't fangrillism but facts.

$360 for a CPU block ALONE is insanity, you could get a case and an air cooler for that much. $15 for sealing rings, these delusional mfs have never set foot inside a hardware store... you could probably get a bag of 100 rings for 15 bucks, for less even. $20 for 3m of tubing, and it's not even double insulated, just craft beer tube you can get anywhere else.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

1 hour ago, GopherTv said:

You've got a lot more reading/watching/learning to do. Generally someone buying hardware like that has done all this before hand and you'd know that Noctua was designed specifically for that socket with that chip in mind. 

2 hours ago, GopherTv said:

I was leaning to custom loop bc JayzTwoCents made a video demonstrating how a 360 aio on his threadripper 7980x was upgraded to a custom loop and it made his cinibench score increase 20%

Think you are refferecing the ml 360 which is just a bad cooler really.

Not getting a bad cooler makes a result.

Also keep in mind jay was running the chip in a more unlocked state and not true stock hence why even whilst not good a ml360 should normally be ok but it wasnt

If ya wanna loop just get aplhacools stuff its just as good but cheaper or the full copper block from heatkiller as that is actually the best one 😛

Alao the 14900k is a 250w-350w chip depensing how hard you are letting it eun. It also has major thermal transfer bottlenecks which the threadripper doesnt have simply because it is larger and has a spread out chiplet design allowing for way better heat transfer.

Like pc tower coolers have been used in many prototyping stages and even some final products where there are going like 300w through a hyper 212 with a modified heatplate and that thing just kinda shruggs it off and does it simply due to a larger contact area.

Oh and skip ek you can do the entire loop and then some for the price of their block by just using alphacool and heatkiller stuff (and arctic fans) but again not needed can just use off the shelf stuff

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

theres a reason why you dont really see ppl trying to delid am4 ryzens, sandy bridge, x58, etc. since they can actually dissipate their heat

And when you do its just like kinda underwhelming basically. Some degrees off and that is all

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

wait what

i wasnt even aware that upgradable or custom loop convertible aios existed till just now

i mean ive heard of ppl hacking aios and integrating them into custom loops but ive never heard of an aio that you can officially turn into a custom loop with minimal to no jank

Alphacools been doing this for a while. This is gen 3 of the eis family of products now have the first gen eisbear 360 and pump broke after 7 years in use ish now using their old 5.25 inch bay plug in res pump combo as a standin.

You pay extra for it but it's also just a good idea. Especially the gpu loops as the prices are totally reasonable and usually the price of a block or less from the "premium" brands but you get a whole ass loop.

Their fans suck tho. Not because of poor performance anything but that they are just a bit loud for what they do.

16 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Alphacools been doing this for a while. This is gen 3 of the eis family of products now have the first gen eisbear 360 and pump broke after 7 years in use ish now using their old 5.25 inch bay plug in res pump

combo as a standin.

You pay extra for it but it's also just a good idea. Especially the gpu loops as the prices are totally reasonable and usually the price of a block or less from the "premium" brands but you get a whole ass loop.

Their fans suck tho. Not because of poor performance anything but that they are just a bit loud for what they do.

isnt the pump in the aio block or is it somewhere else? i think some aio blocks that have pumps integrated become unusable when the pump dies even if you use an external pump, but i dont really look into aios that much when i can pay 20$ for a bykski block that seems to be nickel plated or something on the inside so i can run mix metal

though im curious as to what other brands are actually decent both price and performance wise since the 2 i know of are barrow and bykski

5 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

wait what

oh... ya ek had them alphacool probly still has em thow there hard to fill. they costed alot thow like $500+

image.jpeg.ba4a20806bcf6b0f78a12a19c7963477.jpeg

image.jpeg.27de1d081ea5a4777ba62a953ea02ce7.jpeg

EKWB EK-XLC Predator 280 Pre-filled CPU Xpandable Liquid Cooling System  Review

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

12 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

EKWB EK-XLC Predator 280 Pre-filled CPU Xpandable Liquid Cooling System  Review

damn that radiator is thicc

and thats supposed to be an aio?

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

damn that radiator is thicc

and thats supposed to be an aio?

yep. copper too i think with a ddc pump and there panted qdc...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

isnt the pump in the aio block or is it somewhere else? i think some aio blocks that have pumps integrated become unusable when the pump dies even if you use an external pump, but i dont really look into aios that much when i can pay 20$ for a bykski block that seems to be nickel plated or something on the inside so i can run mix metal

The eis stuff works fine with a broken pump

17 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

though im curious as to what other brands are actually decent both price and performance wise since the 2 i know of are barrow and bykski

aio have been a mixed bag. it was a mater of time for some one to make use of the aluminum rad that were made for some reason🤔 ek was going to make "cheaper" aluminum parts, fittings,d5,cpu block, gpu block but it was discontinued maybe because aluminum cost more...🤷‍♂️ anyway they found a way to make mixed metal work some aio are all aluminum some mixed. with a good fluid there no problems but people cut cost and well some aios dont work right for long. anyway there was a patent of having the pump in the cpu block and that was enforced for a bit there so you would see aio with pumps on the tubeing, pump in the rad...🤔. probly swiftech was the first to add a ddc pump to a rad but it didnt take off and was over shadowed by the xspc raystrom and the jetplate...

some aio are refillable, some are custom and can be expandable but i head some have week pumps and dont work well. thow itx builders will do anything to get any kind of cooling. ek made an aio that basicly just used there cpu block and was all copper but cost like $500. alphacool has one that uses an submersible pump. this is were the "cheap" pumps comes in and how well they work or last. i had one and was fine for my build but i didnt really use it so...

people have had aio last 10+ years well others have had them last like a year...not saying d5 or ddc pumps didnt have there problems too... oh they had them.