Are you a filthy Intel peasant? Or a wealthy AMD nobleman?

Spannerhands

I have a 3770k and a 8320 >.> What does that make me?

Haha, this is great.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

After winning an Alienware system with an i7-930 and throwing my 2x GTX 460's in it, I went with Intel with my future builds and never looked back.  The difference between my Phenom II 945 and the i7-930 was beyond belief.

I want to go back to AMD because of Intel's clear EA attitude, but until their CPUs can match single core performance (believe me, some people need it a lot more than others), I'm forced to stick with Intel as much as I dislike it (terrible native SATA3 support, poor RAID support, poor USB 3 support, lack of cheaper/higher end CPUs that don't cost a fortune for marginal increases, Ivy Bridge TIM debacle, stuff mentioned in the picture, etc.)

If there was one reason I'd go with AMD on a new build it'd be to use the APU (for strong multi-core and iGPU performance) and run a storage array due to the full native SATA3 connectivity.  Intel needs a good smacking to get them in gear.

I own both so I assume I am a wealthy peasant?

isn't the technical term for that a "hipster"?

AMD for the win

and as for those CoolerMaster trolls. tsk tsk -_-

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

the intel v amd stuff didn't bother me, but crapping on anandtech/toms was a tad too much for me otherwise it was funny

Meh I only went with intel because of Microcenter's insane combo deal...I got a 3570k + UD3H for about $265...you could say they are the BEST STORE EVER.

Meh I only went with intel because of Microcenter's insane combo deal...I got a 3570k + UD3H for about $265...you could say they are the BEST STORE EVER.

They have insane AMD deals too, peasant ! lol

this is the first time I actually wondered why an unlocked CPU should cost more =/

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

They have insane AMD deals too, peasant ! lol

They do? I got the 3570k for $170 and the UD3H for around $95.

Edit: Just checked, their deals really aren't that great...at all.

Intel CPU and AMD GPU ....am i wealthy peasant? :D

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

i should have gotten an amd fx 8300 instead of 3570k

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

It's funny how worked up people get about this argument, to the point where either side will try to pluck numbers and technologies out of the air that really make no difference in the user's experience whatsoever.

Scenario: What do you want to do?

Audience: WE WANNA PLAY GAMES!

Well-presentable presenter: Ok, so here are two platforms, pretty much the same except one's cheaper and scores slightly lower in benchmarking tests, but the difference isn't really noticeable.

Audience: **** THE RED PLATFORM THATS 4 POOR PEOPLE.

Other Audience: NO NONO **** THE BLUE FANBOIS THEY'RE HOMOSEXUAL AND STUFF.

*sigh*

Blue or Red, they compute algorithms so you can see stuff on a screen.

"I'd like to own my own business when I grow up, what do you want to do?" - "I wanna be a MILF!"

Case: CM Storm Trooper (Black) CPU: AMD Piledriver FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz RAM: Mixed, 8GB GPU: ASUS GTX 970 Strix MoBo: Asus M5A97 PRO PSU: Seasonic M12 / 850W STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro (250GB) / Western Digital Blue (1TB)

I have Intel, but would happily buy AMD if they made the better CPU's...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I can see why this caused such a shit storm. LOL when I first saw it on the Cooler Master page I was really confused as to why they even posted that? Intel is far superior in the high end spectrum of CPUs.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I can see why this caused such a shit storm. LOL when I first saw it on the Cooler Master page I was really confused as to why they even posted that? Intel is far superior in the high end spectrum of CPUs.

high end spectrum? so server processors.

yeah, lets just ignore those 16 core cpu's.

Love AMD APUs for their low-price well-rounded CPU and GPU performance. All my GPUs are AMD. In terms of CPU, I went Sandy Bridge before AMD actually stepped up their game with pure cores. Have yet to do a build with the newer AMD CPUs but definitely looking forward to try and see the performance for myself.

I've been using Intel all my life, but maybe when I get to build my own rig I can get the next gen FX processors~

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

I normally buy AMD apart from my current pc mainly because they did not have the AMD that i wanted in stock as my pc had died and needed a quick replacement.

Intel 3570k @ 3.8ghz | MSI Z77 G43 | 16gb ddr3 Crucial Ballistix Sport | MSI Geforce GTX 660 2GB
Corsair 120GB Force Series 3 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Fractal Design R3 | OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

I always knew Toms and Anand had some fishy benchmarks.

Um, does anyone know where to go for good CPU reviews?

i dont think its very royal to release unfinished drivers. but really i dont care that was my main reason for not getting amd cards, and i know this is intel vs. amd but amd still makes gpus to.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

We are Linus's army and we just laugh when we see things like this one. I can't see anyone offended here! ....right?

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....