Which game to play from these series?

VirusDumb

I've never played any of these game series, all my life I had a family PC with a 3rd gen i3 and nothing else to play some games on, I got a gt 730 on it some time ago and I wanna try some game series I've never played before but where do I start cuz there's so many games in these

• Yakuza
  • Far cry
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Halo
  • Mass effect
  • Crysis
  • Tekken
  • Street Fighter
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Test Drive
  • Fallout
  • Diablo
  • Portal
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shenmue
  • Sonic 
  • Silent hill
  • Resident evil

I want to try these games but which one to try from 

Edit forgot to add 

• Sims
  • Monkey Ball
  • Marvel vs Capcom 

Fallout by far.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

With a GT730 ? don't play anything less than 10 years old ....

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

7 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

I've never played any of these game series, all my life I had a family PC with a 3rd gen i3 and nothing else to play some games on, I got a gt 730 on it some time ago and I wanna try some game series I've never played before but where do I start cuz there's so many games in these

• Yakuza
  • Far cry
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Halo
  • Mass effect
  • Crysis
  • Tekken
  • Street Fighter
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Test Drive
  • Fallout
  • Diablo
  • Portal
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shenmue
  • Sonic 
  • Silent hill
  • Resident evil

I want to try these games but which one to try from 

The GT 730 is very weak GPU but I know that Far Cry 2 will run quite decently on it.  What a game!

Portal 1 and 2 story mode will run very well and both are incredible.

Diablo 2 remaster and Diablo 3 will run on a GT 730 as well.

Out of the franchises that I've played at least one game from, heres my takes:

• The first Halo was one of the best FPS on console in its heyday. I can't speak to the newer ones or PC versions.
  • SF II Turbo was awesome because it didn't require knowledge of lots of moves for me to enjoy it.
  • Same with classic Mortal Kombat games, where the only complex moves for me were fatalities, though the CPU player difficulty seemed higher than AF II turbo.
  • Fallout New Vegas tends to be praised more than the other FPS fallouts (3 and 4) for its story and gameplay, which is arguably better because the game was not developed by Bethesda, merely published by them.
  • Diablo II mightve been my first dungeon based looter RPG. Can't speak to the newer ones on various platforms by Blizzard "what, you guys don't have phones?" Activision.
  • Portal 1 and 2 are regarded as some of the best puzzle based PC games and I agree, but that's irrelevant for gamers that aren't patient with puzzles, which I tend to be.
  • Sonic: I played the first 3 games on their original consoles, and I think the Sonic episodic games on PC capture that same type of gameplay well. Honestly my favorite Sonic game isn't even a platformer - Its Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed which is the best kart type game I've played since Mario Kart Wii.
  • Resident Evil is the most prolific third person horror adventure game, but quite frankly outside of playing RE3 (or some other one I forget the name of), I was more entertained by the first few movies in theaters, maybe because Milla Jovovich appeal to me more than any of the RE characters.

devilutionx open source version of Diablo 1 for the story

Diablo 2 for gameplay

Both Portals

• Yakuza
    Start at least with Yakuza 0. You'll know if you'll like the rest of the series by how much you enjoy 0.

• Far Cry
    3 and Blood Dragon. I'd argue to ignore the rest, because it's typical Ubisoft open world bullshit that's more about wasting time than anything else. The first one is a fairly by-the-numbers shooter that's quite annoying to get running these days and 2 is pretty forgettable.

• Assassin's Creed
    I played 1 and 2 and I really didn't like them all that much. From what I know from other Ubisoft series', see above, therefore ignore.

• Mass Effect
    Start with 1 and you'll see if you like it. No point in starting in a continuous story in the middle. 3 is kinda weak and the ending is dumb. Andromeda is extremely disappointing and wastes so much potential.

• Fallout
    New Vegas is your best bet if you like modern games. 1 and 2 are worth playing but expect the typical clunkiness from older CRPGs. Ignore anything made by Bethesda. They don't know how to make games and people who enjoy their softworks are weird.

• Portal
    The first one is absolutely perfect. The second one is still great, but you'll notice the stretchmarks.

• Silent Hill
    Skip the original and start with 2. If you like it, continue with 3 and maybe 4 and revisit the original eventually. Ignore the rest of the series.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

Mass Effect: the whole trilogy, it's pretty good.

Crysis: definitely 1. If you like the story and game 2 and 3 are nice, but the first installment was something else.

Portal: I never played the second one, but the first one is fun and an iconic one of the time.

Resident Evil: I would definitely play the HD remaster of RE1.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Mass Effect 1-3, Fallout 1-NewVegas (3rd being the least interesting) and Portal 1-2, maybe Diablo 1-2. All should run on GT 730. Didn't try other games from your list or don't believe they should be on the list, given the variety of other games available 😉

I also suggest looking into CRPGs, strategies, adventures and other 2D (or light 3D) games that are not graphically demanding, even the latest - most of them can run on almost anything.

From the top of my head, some of my favs (or highly ranked ones) that can run on most potatoes, in no specific order:

Hades, Dead Cells, Pentiment, Disco Elysium, Shovel Knight, Planescape Torment, Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion, Tyranny, KOTOR 1-2, Bioshock 1-2, System Shock 2, Half Life series, Dragon Age Origins, Deus Ex Human Revolution, GTA Vice City, San Andreas and maybe 4+DLCs (don't know if it will run at least at 30fps), Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and Assault on Dark Athena, Hitman 1-Absolution, Super Meat Boy, FTL, Into the Breach, Commandos 1-2, Desperados series, Stellaris, Civilization V, Witcher 2...

Also some multiplayers: TF2, L4D2 and CS Source (afaik there are still servers with players for all of them), autochess like Dota Underlords, card games like Hearthstone, LoL, Valorant...

For higher and stable FPS be ready to drop resolution to 720p and tweak other settings, possibly even to min (in case of GTA 4+DLCs and Witcher 2).

On 3/21/2024 at 7:28 AM, rikitikitavi said:

GTA Vice City, San Andreas and maybe 4+DLCs (don't know if it will run at least at 30fps),

I've already played all the GTA games, I'm replaying the og trilogy now one last time before 6 comes out, but GTA 4 just didn't kinda appeal to me, I understand why so people like it and call it "underrated" but the PC version has so many frame drops and I kinda hate the driving, it's just not fun, but I gotta say, I finally finished GTA 3 few days ago (I started playing it in 2017) I think it's heavily underrated and overlooked yes it gets frustrating and hard sometimes (even with a bunch of cheats and mods) but the satisfaction and feel it gives after the final cutscene is just not as good as any other GTA game ending, don't want to spoil it but the ending just screams that the GTA is here to stay 

It's even more satisfying if you've finished the games chronologically (first Vice City then San Andreas then 3) cuz even though by release it's the first and the most polished one, lore wise it is the end of the 3D Universe and it is a relaxing end. Even the difficulty in mechanics (most vice City missions are easy as compared to San Andreas, San Andreas missions are hard but still playable and didn't take me 7 years to finish, GTA 3 there's no map to look at so you keep getting lost and as you keep progressing you keep getting blasted by gangs through certain parts of the city making it even harder, also the cars are most fragile here) VC is the easiest and best for playing first, then San Andreas, then III

Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, with their expansions. Forget about 3 and 4, 1 and 2 are just amazing games even if they are quite old and dated by now.

Fallout is pretty good, personally I have very good memories of Fallout 3 but many prefer New Vegas. They might be correct, I never got to play it "back in the day", so I huge nostalgia bias for 3.

Halo just start with Halo 1 and work your way through the releases.

Other amazing series/games to check out, no particular order:

Hades, Outer Wilds, Return of the Obra Dinn, Half Life series (check out Black Mesa for a modern'ish remake of HL1), Morrowind, Bioshock series, Subnautica, Firewatch, Witcher 3, Monkey Island 1 and 2.

Not sure how they will run on your hardware, but at least Bioshock and Half Life 1 and 2 should run on most stuff, Diablo 1, Diablo 2 and Monkey Island 1 + 2 are so old, they probably run on any modern calculator.