How to get back into gaming

gt710

in the last year gaming can't hold my interest for longer then maybe 10-15mins or so before i just give up playing and just go and watch youtube or do other things

only game that hold my interest is fortnite when im playing with one of my friends

i want to get back into play games because i have 5 days a week i have nothing to do

how can i get back in to games?

6 minutes ago, gt710 said:

There's no simple answer to this. it will depend on who you are and what type of games you're into.

And the types of games you were into in the past simply might not fit you anymore.

The best I can offer is: find games that genuinely interest you. Maybe look at games you didn't consider in the past, but might actually suit you these days.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, gt710 said:

in the last year gaming can't hold my interest for longer then maybe 10-15mins or so before i just give up playing and just go and watch youtube or do other things

only game that hold my interest is fortnite when im playing with one of my friends

i want to get back into play games because i have 5 days a week i have nothing to do

It would be hard if your not intrested but

What type of games do you like? 

Find what genre you are intrested on 

Fps

Rpg

Action strategy 

Adventure 

Puzzle 

Pixel games 

MMOs

Sim games as well as old games and more

You can choose to play single player tittles or multiplayer.  If you're looking to reignite your passion for gaming, it's essential to explore new genres and titles that align with your current interests. Thats the answer i can give.

11 hours ago, gt710 said:

Don't, buy a bicycle and get outside, your body will thank you.

Then when you're home resting you can read a book, good for your vocabulary.

And your imagination is better than any movie screen, unless you have aphantasia.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

I had this problem, i've actually had this problem a number of times. I tend to find it was a time in my life when i had something else to do and gaming just was the distraction i thought i needed - maybe gaming just isn't your thing right now, plenty of other hobbies to spend your time doing.

in the end things will change, and for me - i found a few solid titles that I was just determined to finish. - you never really leave this life..  Something with a strong story usually helps rather than just grinding away. Although saying that Destiny and Battlefront 2 definitely brought me back.

19 hours ago, Maikuljay said:

I had this problem, i've actually had this problem a number of times. I tend to find it was a time in my life when i had something else to do and gaming just was the distraction i thought i needed - maybe gaming just isn't your thing right now, plenty of other hobbies to spend your time doing.

in the end things will change, and for me - i found a few solid titles that I was just determined to finish. - you never really leave this life..  Something with a strong story usually helps rather than just grinding away. Although saying that Destiny and Battlefront 2 definitely brought me back.

i agree, even tho story driven games usually aren't my thing at all, they can be good sometimes just to have a breath of fresh air... i had a lot of fun in Nier Automata and enjoyed the story a lot, even though 3D character action adventure games are just my jam anyways, but generally i like a more arcadey approach,  ala Resident Evil, or fighting games, where mechanical skills are more important than a "story" .

i also really liked City Shrouded in Shadows, completely different genre, but the story was good and it had a lot of action going on too! (plus, again its very replayable, must have finished it 30+ times or so)

Currently playing Overwatch lol... it is indeed a different genre again,  but its all about mechanical skills, strategy and actually unlocking stuff, not unlike Resident Evil, ironically! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Try games in different genres than you have usually played before. Not the same but when I was younger I played a lot of Multiplayer FPS games, racing games. Now i don't play that much of those anymore, I play other things instead.

You can also just look for other hobbies and leave gaming behind? Lots of people do that.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Hmm...

One thing I found for myself was that I have less trouble starting new games when they are short. Shorter games don't feel overwhelming, they don't require any commitment in terms of time you have to invest before the real game start or you "get good enough".

Some shorter games (time for one playthrough) I really liked were:

• What Remains of Edith Finch (~2 hours)
  • Stray (~6 hours)
  • Return of the Obra Dinn (puzzle game, so 13h but it didn't feel that long)
  • Limbo (~ 2.5 hours)
  • Deviver us Mars (7.5 hours)

Plus some classics like Outer Wilds (NOT outer worlds), Firewatch, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, or Dredge. Most of these games fall into the category of more or less walking simulators with some mild to interesting gameplay. Especially Edit Finch and Firewatch are basically interactive story telling devices (but the good kind where it works).

All in all they have a very low barrier to entry, can be played and enjoyed on a very casual basis, but are still great experiences imho.

I get it, gaming in this age is pretty boring and or not worth it.

It's just companies/developers fault they made games untrustworthy not fun to play shoving their "premium crap" into our throats and their anti cheat is useless and unessencary to mess with our root kernel systems.

Since then I'm less online than usual.

I'm used to old games and old consoles where it doesn't cost to play online and actually having fun. 

You can try find old consoles (emulator) and try metal gear solid series it made me happiest gamer at the time and now.

Wish you luck brother.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

I can't believe you can ask such a question. First of all, your brain has to be built different for not liking games, second, if you don't like games, why play them? Playing video games is generally considered a bad thing (at least in where I grew up), and there a million different things you can try out in your life. Or either I am just weird thinking like this.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

Don't play videogames if you're not into them. Why force yourself to do something you don't want to do? If you only enjoy playing these games with your friends, it's pretty clear to me what's going on: You enjoy spending time with your friends, not playing a video game.

Try other hobbies or spend more time with your friends outside of video games.

Cycling, or sport in general, is something to consider. Once you get into it, it's more fun and it's good for your body. And a healthy and fit body will also have an effect on your mental wellbeing.

Of course there are millions of other hobbies to consider...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.