Acer Delivers World’s First 4k2k Display with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology

digitalnav
Acer Delivers World’s First 4k2k Display with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology for Smoother and Responsive Gaming

TAIPEI, TAIWAN

Acer Delivers World’s First 4k2k Display with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology for Smoother and Responsive Gaming

Editor’s Summary:

• New Acer XB280HK monitor offers 4k2k display with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology for a vivid and responsive gaming experience
  • Eliminates screen tearing and minimizes stutter and input lag
  • Flicker-less, low dimming and ComfyView technologies help reduce strain on eyes for heavy users
  • 28-inch display, part of the new XB0 line of gaming monitors

Acer announces the new Acer XB280HK gaming monitor as the world’s first 4k2k display featuring NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology to provide stunning, ultra-smooth, tear-free imagery and rich colors for outstanding gaming experiences. It features Acer’s flicker-less, low-dimming and ComfyView technologies that reduce strain on the eyes for smooth and comfortable extensive viewing.

Part of the new XB0 line of large gaming monitors, the Acer XB280HK is intended to be paired with enthusiast PCs for immersive, ultra high-end gaming. It features a spacious 28-inch LED backlit display with 4k2k Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels) that’s four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD, and presents stunning high quality images for outstanding visual enjoyment.

With a GeForce® GTX™-powered PC, NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ display technology synchronizes the display’s refresh rates to the GPU to eliminate screen tearing and minimize display stutter and input lag to deliver smoother, faster, more breathtaking gaming experiences. Scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper and more vibrant, and gameplay is more fluid and responsive providing gamers with significant performance advantages.

The Acer XB280HK builds in several features that take into consideration prolonged usage by heavy users such as programmers, writers, and graphic designers:

• Flicker-less technology – stable power supply eliminates screen flicker particularly beneficial for heavy users by helping to reduce eye strain.
  • Low dimming technology – adjust to as low as 15 percent brightness in low light environments to make it easy on the eyes. Standard monitor settings start at 30 percent brightness level.
  • ComfyView technology – the non-glare panel reduces reflection from light source.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2014/77934

Well there goes my savings....

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

g sync, meh, freesync now and forever, nvidia blew their chance and now they will pay for it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

TN sadness.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think you guys hate on TN a little too much. The newer panels have been improved and if you ARE NOT a professional, you likely will not notice unless someone points it out.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I think you guys hate on TN a little too much. The newer panels have been improved and if you ARE NOT a professional, you likely will not notice unless someone points it out.

I agree.  The hate on TN Panels these days is too damn high! 

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

The naming of displays in relation to resolution has gone off the rails.  It can be argued that even 1080p is still not 100% perfect since it only describes the vertical resolution, and that the frame type is progressive scan (i for interlaced).  Though, 99.9% of the time, it is assumed that the horizontal resolution is 1920 for 16:9 display ratios.

It is still technically possible to have a display with a 16:9 ratio *without* 1920 pixels across for 1080 pixels down.  For example, a screen resolution with 1440 pixels across and 1080 pixels down can still have a 16:9 aspect ratio as long as the RGB pixels are "elongated", whereby the pixels are no longer square.  A real-world example of this is my first HDTV that was 720p with a 1024x768 resolution in 16:9 format.  I scratched my head wondering how that was even possible, but it is the pixels that are physically wider to make this happen.

Now when it comes to 4K, all bets are off.  Some people think it means 3840x2160, some think it's 4096x2160, and some think it means "4X" which is 4 times 1920x1080 (which is the same as 3840x2160, but then the made-up-on-the-spot-backwards-term 2K of 1920x1080 is not 2X but rather 1/4 4K).  And now, to make matters even worse, we now have this monitor named 4K2K.

So in the future, just call your TV or monitor whatever the hell you want.  I personally am going to buy an 8K4X24KX16, and all of you will be jelly.

you don't need to be a professional.

you just must have used an ips panel before.  there is a HUGE difference when you switch back

you don't need to be a professional.

you just must have used an ips panel before.  there is a HUGE difference when you switch back

That's overstating it more than a bit. The only definitive fact across the range of TN panels is that they have more variance between bad and good color reproduction, and IPS panels have much more consistency.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Nothing wrong with TN. If it's a good TN it's good TN anyway.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That's overstating it more than a bit. The only definitive fact across the range of TN panels is that they have more variance between bad and good color reproduction, and IPS panels have much more consistency.

TN is garbage 95% of the time.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

g sync, meh, freesync now and forever, nvidia blew their chance and now they will pay for it.

Freesync only works on 4 GPUs...

Freesync is way more closed than G-Sync and that while only being a software update on AMDs side.

For Freesync you will need a new monitor that has support for Display Port 2.1a as well as GCN1.1 .

G-Sync at least works on all Kepler GPUs.

RTX2070OC 

Freesync is way more closed than G-Sync and that while only being a software update on AMDs side.

For Freesync you will need a new monitor that has support for Display Port 2.1a as well as GCN1.1 .

You will need a new monitor for gsync too. Until monitors are availible amd can promise to deliver anything but my money is on nvidia, they already have working tech and products in the wild.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

I love my old UltraSharp E176FP. It's really good, even for it's age. I really kinda wonder what it will be like if I got an IPS monitor though (Christmas list!).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The Acer XB280HK starts shipping in Q2 in Pan America, EMEA, Japan, and Taiwan.

Why are they not launching in NA or EU? 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Pan America = North/South/Central America

Ok thanks my heart just dropped there for a second. :) 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

>4K

>28''

>G-Sync

The price is sure to be outrageous, but the experience will be so awesome...

COMIC SANS

Look at the viewing angles there actually extremely high for Tn it might not be as terrible as this entire forum is going to make it out to be and there going to be atleast 50 people  that are going to never see this in person yet call it junk. Have fun being ignorant

Cool - this is a good first step in new monitor technology.
I will wait another 2 or 3 years to buy a new monitor and by then this technology should be affordable and well developed.

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

Should be pretty interesting. 

Also, the big thing with TN for me is laptops. TN panels are the worst on laptops.

A new monitor is needed for G-Sync as well? And considering it uses a VESA standard I can see both companies using it for the foreseeable future. Meaning more GPU's to support it and the death of G-Sync in its current form. Because who in there right mind at Nvidia or customer wise would want to spend extra money on a "G-sync" monitor when the tech will be on every new monitor that is on the latest VESA standard? So when the new standard is rolled out it shouldn't even matter what colour your GPU is, be it red or green? Since they'll both be taking advantage of Freesync unless someone at Nvidia is high and thinks an extra PCB/cost is still needed to lock people into a Geforce card? 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Looks like Acer have announced a 4k monitor with GSync capabilities

28"  3840x2160 TN Panel, promising 170 degree viewing angles
Refresh rate unknown
Display port 1.2, hdmi and MHL capabilities
4 USB 3 Ports

Estimated 2Q release date, price unknown

Links to original article

Might not actually look like this
acer_display_3-967x1024.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii