ASUS Announces Strix Pro Gaming Headset

digitalnav

104b.jpg

ASUS today announced its new Strix brand and Strix Pro, a multi-platform gaming headset engineered with powerful 60mm neodymium-magnet drivers, full-size hexagonal ear cushions (130mm across at the widest point) and technology that filters our over 90% of environmental noise. Strix Pro is compatible with PCs, Macs, PlayStation 4 consoles and many smartphones and tablets.

Taken from the ancient Roman and Greek word for owl, Strix is the brand name for the stunning new ASUS gaming-gear series. Strix means the keenest hearing and sharpest eyesight and the ability to feel the environment, enabling the player to detect and react to even the slightest movement. Strix means survival on the very edge of instinct. Strix is in gamers' blood, just as it is in ours.

http://www.techpowerup.com/201076/asus-announces-strix-pro-gaming-headset.html

.. Guess ASUS loves owls?

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Hexagonal ear cushions? Last time I checked, my ears weren't a hexagonal shape  :huh: .

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

interesting, i think they look kinda coooool

iDOYdzX.png

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

104c.jpg

Now that is some epic imagery.

I'd buy this just to feel like a metal owl of awesomeness. I don't even care if they are practical. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

104c.jpg

I'd buy this just to feel like a metal owl of awesomeness. I don't even care if they are practical.

so i get the owl with it right?

Alright what was your last profile pic? I know your username and I remember comments you have made. For the sake of me putting a picture to name, what was your old profile pic?

Doesn't look appealing with the abnormal design....especially if it's going to be expensive.

hellooooooooo

I love the new 780 6gb model, amazing design!

Though I'm not really a big of their headset.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

No, you become an owl. That's why this will sell so well.

IKR? That thing is glorious. 

"I'M A MAJESTIC ****ING EAGLE!"

0.jpg

Alright what was your last profile pic? I know your username and I remember comments you have made. For the sake of me putting a picture to name, what was your old profile pic?

In order from most recent to oldest:

t_5433fb906b7f493d9b103493f6f394e4.jpg

This one is soooo fitting.

Lots of these:

potemayo_02.gif

And these:

potemayo3.jpg

And before that, this one:

6894978165_9a61cd9b36_n.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Headsets, yuck. They look pretty ugly IMO.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Hexagonal ear cushions? Last time I checked, my ears weren't a hexagonal shape  :huh: .

Last time I checked my ears weren't round either. :P

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Owl from Clash of The Titans on steroids? I don't like them, it's... too much in my opinion.

9.gif

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Last time I checked my ears weren't round either. :P

Well, our ears are more ellipse shaped, than round or hexagonal. 

Also, most round earcups are generally oversized to fit most ears comfortably.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Wtf... so they have the gtx 780 strix and now the strix gaming headset. Thats just outright retarded, atleast name it something different

I question why they didn't try to pursue wireless connectivity. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

And If its under 100$?

People that don't care about aesthetics will get them

hellooooooooo

104c.jpg

smh that's one of the stupidest, tackiest pictures I've ever laid my retinas upon

You know what else has high adaptivity? a $2 chinese knockoff pair of earphones at Walgreens. Any fucking pair of 3.5mm headphones or in ears and whatnot will work with "PC, Mac, PS4, Smartphones and tablets"

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Wtf... so they have the gtx 780 strix and now the strix gaming headset. Thats just outright retarded, atleast name it something different

It's called consistent branding, like the RoG Brand. I don't really think it's realistically going to cause confusion.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

60 mm neodynum? Isn't that a first in the gaming industry? They can give a heck of a sound push! (not that it necesarily means better quality tho)