Services that force the right to be forgotten?

In a nutshell I've got like 4 LinkedIn accounts with each that I forgot the credentials of both accounts and mails (I had password saved somewhere, but the disk failed and I dislike backups)

The linkedin's support ignores you, so any service, even paid, that forces them to abide to law?

16 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

but the disk failed and I dislike backups)

Well thats on you

16 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

4 LinkedIn accounts with each that I forgot the credentials of both accounts and mail

Thats also entirely on you

Best you can do is present linked in with your identity and ask for deletion.

Also like find  better way to remember the passwords and emails.

22 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

so any service, even paid, that forces them to abide to law?

If you do have the law on your side, then I believe the service you are looking for is an attorney, and the court system. Though it can very much be a pay to win system.

5 hours ago, 12345678 said:

In a nutshell I've got like 4 LinkedIn accounts with each that I forgot the credentials of both accounts and mails (I had password saved somewhere, but the disk failed and I dislike backups)

The linkedin's support ignores you, so any service, even paid, that forces them to abide to law?

So you're saying that Linkin ignored your requests to delete accounts that some rando says is theirs but can't prove it?

I never thought I'd say this but I'm on Linkedin's side on this one.

8 hours ago, 12345678 said:

the disk failed and I dislike backups

This is just extra words to say 'I like dataloss'.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

If you're so bad at memorizing login credentials, use a damn password manager. Bitwarden is a good one and it's free for personal use. Having sensitive data saved on a local drive without a backup is asking for trouble.

Having "the law on your side" heavily depends on your local laws. In the EU they are obligated to delete all your personal data, including accounts, if you can prove without a doubt that you're the owner. But "prove without a doubt" is also debateable if you don't even have the email adress that was used to create the account.

But why have 4 linkedin accounts to begin with? Isn't the whole point of that website to have 1 collective place for all your work experience?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

25 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

But why have 4 linkedin accounts to begin with?

He "forgets" the log in info and then creates a new one.  I hope he puts that info on Linkdin so that potential employers can see it.

8 minutes ago, Erioch said:

He "forgets" the log in info and then creates a new one.  I hope he puts that info on Linkdin so that potential employers can see it.

Yeah sure but when you already lost your login data 3 times you should get the idea that writing it down somewhere safer is probably a good idea...

Making the same mistake 4 times in a row is actually impressive.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

49 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Yeah sure but when you already lost your login data 3 times you should get the idea that writing it down somewhere safer is probably a good idea...

Making the same mistake 4 times in a row is actually impressive.

Writing stuff down would count as a backup, and he dislikes them. /s

OP, what proof have you offered to LinkedIn that you are the owner of the accounts if you can't log in to them? I can't just write to LinkedIn and say "I'm Bill Gates, please delete the Bill Gates profile" without verification I'm actually Bill Gates.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

This is just extra words to say 'I like dataloss'.

There are 2 types of person

People who make back ups, and people who are about to decide they should make backups.

On 1/21/2024 at 11:17 AM, 12345678 said:

Discord's worse. Discord's solution to lost passwords is "LOL, make a new account idiot".

In fact, every MFA-enabled account has become this. "Didn't save your backup codes? LOL, you idiot, guess you don't use our service anymore", Between Microsoft and Google, this is actually pretty annoying.

Backup codes are as good as just writing your password on a sticky note.

If there was ever a reason to backtrack on 2FA and MFA, it's that we have yet to have a proper solution for account recovery. If you buy a domain, and you enable MFA on every account on it, and then the person who has the admin account gets hit by a bus, well, now I guess you're gonna wait for that domain to expire, and hope some domain squatter in a foreign country doesn't snatch it before you can get it.

Email needs to be retired, because we keep wanting to make the same mistakes about not doing whitelist-by-default. Instead we have DMARC, Domainkeys, SPF, and none of this stuff can be used in practice because there's the possibility that something might accidently get blocked or sent to spam.

On 1/21/2024 at 2:17 PM, 12345678 said:

Lets see here. You cant offer them a email, phone number and you dont have a password. You expect they are just going to delete 4 accounts because you asked? With the amount of scams, hackers and cyber criminals out in the world today, I dont think they are just going to take your word for it that you own those accounts.

Furthermore you can complain to the government or courts, but again you have no email, phone number or password you can provide to prove its your account. The only other thing they can do the verify is maybe your photo ID. Also if you read the top of their support page it does indicate they have more tickets then usual, therefore its going to take longer to respond.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 1/23/2024 at 8:27 PM, Kisai said:

just writing your password on a sticky note.

which is of course the perfect solution to everything. i never "forget" my passwords,  i don't even know em!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Oh well this thread has become the how much of an idiot I am and how much big is your dick?

I know there were services who did the exact thing with non compliant services, to enforce gdpr but I am not finding them back

Google and other services do work fine to remove my data on the net, but LinkedIn seems to not be compliant if asked directly 

Knowing the kind of passwords that I do use, probably I could "bruteforce" my accounts, but, since I am not anymore a teenager with lots of free time, I'd like an easier solution, but I guess that I won't find it here in this forum

17 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

Google and other services do work fine to remove my data on the net, but LinkedIn seems to not be compliant if asked directly 

Once again, they need proof that the data is yours or anybody could get them to delete anything on a whim. You have to look at this from the other side. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

49 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Once again, they need proof that the data is yours or anybody could get them to delete anything on a whim. You have to look at this from the other side. 

Yet if that was the case, a reply should be there in any case, but it ain't

Besides my name is univocal, and so do the public informations that are there, so providing an id, should be good enough as proof 

• 2 weeks later...

In the end they did reply but after over a month