Texas: 19 year old teen faces 5-Life in prison for baking weed brownies

nicehat

original-9.jpg

Apparently in Texas, everything is big. Even judicial stupidity and jail sentences.

Jacob Lavoro, a 19-year-old from Round Rock, Texas, was charged with a first degree felony because he used hash oil instead of marijuana, allowing the state to weigh the brownies as a whole — including the sugar, cocoa, butter and other ingredients — to calculate the weight of the drugs.

Police searched Lavoro's apartment, where they allegedly found 660 grams — or 1.45 pounds — of baked goods (six bags of cookies, nine bags of brownies) along with 16 ounces of marijuana and $1,675 in cash.

Hash oil, classified as a "Penalty 2" controlled substance under Texas law, contains a higher concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.

The teen's father, Joe Lavoro, called the possibility of his son spending life behind bars for a hash brownie recipe “outrageous."

"Five years to life? I'm sorry, I'm a law abiding citizen. I'm a conservative. I love my country. I'm a Vietnam veteran, but I'll be damned," Lavoro said. "This is illogical. I'm really upset, and I'm frightened, I'm frightened for my son."

"That's higher than the punishment range for sexual assault, higher than the punishment range for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon," Jamie Spencer, legal counsel for NORML's Texas chapter It's kind of crazy."

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Meanwhile elsewhere in Texas, a judge sentenced a Texas teenager (age 16) to 10 years’ probation in a drunken-driving crash that killed four people to go to a rehabilitation facility paid for by his parents.

4 people dead: 10 years probation, no jail time, his parents spend money on rehab. His defense: the kid's wealthy parents coddled him into a sense of irresponsibility. The expert termed the condition “affluenza.”

That's right, he was too rich to understand what he had done and too rich to go to jail for it. Meanwhile, a guy selling pot brownies could get life.

God Bless Texas

Weed Brownies: http://khon2.com/2014/05/16/texas-man-facing-possible-life-sentence-for-pot-brownies/

16 yr old teen with "affluenza": http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/texas-affluenza-teen/

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Marijuana might be legalized in a lot of the US while he is still in prison, that should signify how harsh it is to punish a guy that much for marijuana.

Thanks Obama.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Whats really retarded was the way they measured it. I mean come on, thats so dumb it's not even funny.

Hey, and don't make fun of affluenza, being rich and entitled is very difficult! #sarcasm

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

The law is the law. He's an idiot for making them, I think this is a classic case of the prosecution:

• a) Looking tough to voters; or
  • b) Trying to force a plea bargain.

But you can't compare anything to that car crash case, that was absolute crap, it made news in Australia. THe judge must've been bought off. Remember Texas is the harshest jurisdiction in the US for criminal offences. 

The law is the law. He's an idiot for making them, I think this is a classic case of the prosecution:

• a) Looking tough to voters; or
  • B) Trying to force a plea bargain.

But you can't compare anything to that car crash case, that was absolute crap, it made news in Australia. THe judge must've been bought off. Remember Texas is the harshest jurisdiction in the US for criminal offences. 

Sometimes the "law" is pretty f****** stupid, that's why laws change every now and then... and that one needs to go.

Going to jail for 5 years will sure show him!

All that jail time will really put him back on the right track to life, I'm sure after jail he will never do drugs again!

Yay america!

Independence-Day-united-states-of-americ

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

What the actual fuck?

Screw blaming Obama, the jackass Rick Perry needs to GTFO my state.

That car crash... pssst, priorities, where are the priorities?!

it's called having a bailout like any other state lol.

What the actual fuck?

Screw blaming Obama, the jackass Rick Perry needs to GTFO my state.

agreed. I still don't know who the hell votes for him.

Smoke weed eraday'....

ALL DAY ERRY DAY!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

agreed. I still don't know who the hell votes for him.

No idea, either. While we're at it..

“This is the county that withheld evidence in the Morton Case, where a man spent 25 years in prison and he was completely innocent. So you have to keep that in mind, too,” Holmes said.

I say we also boot this idiotic county out of our state as well.

If it become legalized while he is in prison would they then let him out? Just wondering.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

If it become legalized while he is in prison would they then let him out? Just wondering.

Texas will be the last state in the universe to legalize Marijuana. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Murica

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

it's called having a bailout like any other state lol.

Yeah, I don't have anything against Texas just in case haha I am aware stuff like this one happens everywhere. 

You know, I'm extremely happy to be a Texas most of the time. Now is not one of those times...

EDIT: I AM TEXAS. I meant Texan. Oops.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Texas will be the last state in the universe to legalize Marijuana. 

Not necessarily. Not everyone in Texas is a brain dead reject from King of The Hill with holier than thou redest of red conservative blood. There is a sizable amount of citizens that find this shit really dumb and support decriminalization. The problem is, the actual officials in charge of the laws are stubborn as hell. If weed did become ok in Texas, it'd most likely be legalized in Austin.

Not necessarily. Not everyone in Texas is a brain dead reject from King of The Hill with holier than thou redest of red conservative blood. There is a sizable amount of citizens that find this shit really dumb and support decriminalization. The problem is, the actual officials in charge of the laws are stubborn as hell. If weed did become ok in Texas, it'd most likely be legalized in Austin.

Im aware. But the sane logical, foreward thinking Texans all reside in the major cities (for the most part). Due to redistricting, gerrymandering, those people will have a hard time swaying policy makers who pander to the far bigger base. 

You know, I'm extremely happy to be a Texas most of the time. Now is not one of those times...

EDIT: I AM TEXAS. I meant Texan. Oops.

I'm pretty proud of the people here in Austin, but I'm definitely not proud of the politics and policies we have here.