DHL SUCKS, Let me know your experience

After buying and selling online for many many years, I have found a Delivery service that has caused so much chaos around the world.

Yep you guessed it DHL.

DHL claims to be the most efficient and reliable shipping service in the world.

Yet they are rated 1.2/5 on average 

People complain that their packages are being so bad because they are too lazy to even bother searching for properties or to be able to spell addresses correctly.

This happened to me recently after my address was perfectly clear and they held my package hostage and they Even confirmed my address that was correct but yet they still tried to deliver twice and that is wrong because I was waiting outside on the main road and not a single delivery truck/van even tried to stop here.

I still don’t have any reference on what’s going on and they will refuse to talk to me.

They also work for major corporate such as Formula One, They even have complained.

So if they are pissing off customers and pissing off big corporate brands how come nobody has put a stop to this yet how come nobody has made a legitimate video on how bad they really are?

If you had any bad experience with DHL please let me know.

5 minutes ago, RazorShark said:

After buying and selling online for many many years, I have found a Delivery service that has caused so much chaos around the world.

Yep you guessed it DHL.

DHL claims to be the most efficient and reliable shipping service in the world.

Yet they are rated 1.2/5 on average 

People complain that their packages are being so bad because they are too lazy to even bother searching for properties or to be able to spell addresses correctly.

This happened to me recently after my address was perfectly clear and they held my package hostage and they Even confirmed my address that was correct but yet they still tried to deliver twice and that is wrong because I was waiting outside on the main road and not a single delivery truck/van even tried to stop here.

I still don’t have any reference on what’s going on and they will refuse to talk to me.

They also work for major corporate such as Formula One, They even have complained.

So if they are pissing off customers and pissing off big corporate brands how come nobody has put a stop to this yet how come nobody has made a legitimate video on how bad they really are?

If you had any bad experience with DHL please let me know.

Had a terrible experience back in 2015 when I ordered a motorcycle exhaust from the Netherlands to Norway, my backage was lost and was refound 3 months later...

However, Recently bought some Simracing equipment from France that was being shipped with DHL Express, I got it on my doorstep 22 hours after I put the order in! Thats incredible speed from France to Norway. DHL Express did cost 80 dollars extra.  I guess if you pay they will deliver.

32 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Had a terrible experience back in 2015 when I ordered a motorcycle exhaust from the Netherlands to Norway, my backage was lost and was refound 3 months later...

However, Recently bought some Simracing equipment from France that was being shipped with DHL Express, I got it on my doorstep 22 hours after I put the order in! Thats incredible speed from France to Norway. DHL Express did cost 80 dollars extra.  I guess if you pay they will deliver.

I am with express and it’s a lot of money but didn’t get what I ordered. I guess it’s if they are too busy or not. Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts.

I'll use FedEx if I can, USPS if not, and UPS if I have to (or for freight).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

DHL isnt that big in the US. I mean they exist here but you barely ever see them. USPS is good though they might not be the fastest. UPS isnt bad, my employer ships a lot via UPS and they seem to get stuff where it needs to be on time. FedEx can be hit or missed, they use a lot of contractors and some are good and some dont give a fuck

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I never had problems with DHL, probably because most of the stuff I buy is shipped with the Österreichische Post or with DPD (which sucks, because their drivers are scared of mountain roads in the winter and just claim no one was at home). The few times DHL had a package to deliver, they did so with no problems.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

I have many experiences with DHL.

Some due to the delivery people who don't ring the doorbell, only putting in the "i was here you not" paper...

Then one DHL post office is just about 900 feet away from home, so when there is that omnious "You weren't there" pamphlet in the postbin, I wouldn't be as mad when they do put it there... open from 7-22 so a good chance to pick it up, no half of the times it get dropped at a small shop with a small dhl agency... opening times 9-18 as commuting due to city traffic ~30 km ech day, there is mostly no way without doing - hours to pick stuff up there.

But my top of th list was one november. As for christmas my wife and I decided to get a tv, 2 new gf760, and an ssd each as well as some cables. Ordered at a well known german IT store... with overknight express evening delivery. So that I would be home already to carry everything inside.

Firstly DHL didn't pick it up in time, but a day late. Then the fun started. The whole delivery got lost several times, 2 weeks later ebay had a local listing with our gfx cards... GF GTX760 Phantoms form gainward. due to the cooler no way to run them in SLI, so having those 2 cards in one offering... hmm... after I hinted DHL to that, the listing was removed shortly after.

I had to go to town on the store to get either reimbursement or a fresh delivery. Well that then arrived a day later with everything. I ordered the first bunch on 26th of november.

In march when needing to go to pick up my smartphone form a DHL Station very far away, instead of grabbing the lil package the DHL Clerk came with the TV, with the other stuff taped to the TV box. I told them it was due to delivery on 27th of november the previous year and I won't pick that up. Curiosity took over and the clerk scanned it to see the history... eyes widened and even a coworker was called to look at the history.

The delivery drivers right now do a good job though.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Funny. For me here in Germany DHL is by far the quickest and most reliable courier service. All the other options like Hermes, DPD, UPS and GLS are either much slower or less reliable. In general i have had very few problems over the years.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

14 minutes ago, htimsenyawed said:

Isn’t DHL a German company? That would be like FedEx being bad in Tennessee. 

Other than DPD and UPS all the companies i listed are Germany-based. Still, DHL is in my experience a lot better than even other German companies.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'm in the US and they're not very popular, but I get worried every time I get a tracking number that's from DHL. I don't remember any particular experience, just a series of poor experiences with shipping times, lack of updates; just an overall poor quality.

I haven't had to do much international shipping, but I believe a Zenitco package that shipped directly from Moscow in early 2023 arrived as intended, which might've been the last major purchase that used their services? (also could've been USPS, I don't remember 😄

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

15 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

I'll use FedEx if I can

FedEx has really dropped off in quality recently - at least for me.

They didn't deliver a package for a solid week - it was just sitting at the local warehouse and I had to call them to ask why they weren't delivering it. It arrived the next day, but quite damaged, so after getting a replacement part to fix it, they lost that for another week. It then just showed up on our door. The tracking still thinks it's missing.

Yet another package, two months later, it was a two hour drive away in the same state and it took a trip to Georgia and back. I live in Illinois.

I've had no issues with USPS in years. They've lost two packages out of hundreds, probably? and they've found both.

I don't use UPS much but they've always been solid. I've only had issues with people giving packages to UPS...

elephants

I rank DHL as the worst delivery service where I live (Sweden). 

If I have a choice I choose anything other, but in some cases the company you order from don't give you a choice. 

The following has happened several times when I had no option other than DHL (the choice was made for me). 

Package for home delivery:

I get a SMS that my package is on the way and I get some options for what delivery time I want (like answer with a "1" for delivery time X, answer "2" for delivery time Y etc). I answer the SMS but the SMS can't be delivered. This default the package to end up at a pick up point a day later than original delivery. But does it chose the pick up point 500 m from my home (walking distance), NO it ends up att a pick up point 9 km from where I live. 

On one of the occasions I actually called their support when the SMS couldn't be delivered and scheduled the delivery time with the support person. The package still ended up at the pick up point 9 km away.

If you have the option to get packages to a pick up point it actually usually ends up at the closest pick up point, but 2-3 days after the estimated delivery time. 

Here PostNord (that has an unwarranted bad reputation, I mean Linus even did a video about a guy that got his computer mangeled by PostNord a while back) are waaaaay better than DHL. Schenker, UPS and everyone else are also better than DHL here.

Not DHL but DPD here in the UK.  Never had a problem with then when they've been delivering to me.  However, when I needed to ship something to someone it was another story.  When I ordered my Super Socket 7 machine from a guy on eBay he shipped me the wrong computer.  The guy on eBay put his hands up and said it was his mistake.  Sent my actual computer out the same day and paid for a shipping label so I could ship the wrong computer back to him.  I printed the label off and took it to my local pickup shop (about a half a mile down the road)  3 weeks it sat in that shop waiting for a driver to pick it up.  They all kept saying things like "There's no label" or "We need more information"  Truth is they didn't want to have to carry the damned thing (it was an old PIII era Compaq PC and damned heavy 😄)  I took me having to chat with online to get them to pick it up and send it back to the rightful owner.  All while I'm having to reassure him through eBay that his item was coming back to him.  What a fucking joke 😄 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

so far DHL has been ok for me .. bought an ipad , and helped my dad order an iphone plus some accs from apple , they were shipped using DHL , orders came through with no issues . then when shopping on the local e-commerce site , some sellers use dhl e-commerce to ship the packages (bulky stuff usually )

DHL = Deliver Half Later...says it all. Never had a good experience with them up here in the Great Not So White North of Vancouver.

Never had an issue with DHL... 

FedEx meanwhile left a few days ago my OLED Steam Deck at the door with a faint knock. Shouldn't a signature be required for something $1000? 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 11/27/2023 at 7:14 AM, htimsenyawed said:

That would be like FedEx being bad in Tennessee. 

FedEx is pretty awful, Ground especially. Express can be okay depending on the area.

On 11/27/2023 at 5:42 PM, htimsenyawed said:

Interesting. I didn’t know that Hermes makes bags as well as delivering packages though. 

Yeah, super confusing in English-speaking counties where accents aren't a thing, as we often leave them off words. The bags are Hermès, the delivery service, Hermes. Hermes, apparently being the Greek god of claiming to have delivered your package, but actually left it at a house 2 miles away.

7 hours ago, nbrowser said:

DHL = Deliver Half Later...says it all. Never had a good experience with them up here in the Great Not So White North of Vancouver.

The most reliable courier in Vancouver is ... Amazon.

DHL? You might have to chase it down. I've only received one DHL parcel in the last 3 years. My clients hate DHL with a fury though, because they lose half the deliveries.

Fedex? Leave it outside in the rain

UPS? Go on a two mile hike to go pick it up from a convenience store in a residential district, instead of the UPS store in a strip mall on along the highway.

Canada Post? They won't deliver your parcel, better hope you have online tracking.

I **** you not, I went to shoppers and picked up my parcel using the tracking code I was sent by the shipper, BEFORE Canada Post even delivered the door knocker, AFTER ALREADY saying on the website they were out for delivery and no response. The door knocker was delivered the day AFTER I already picked it up.

Like I don't know what the hell has happened, but nobody attempts to deliver parcels at all anymore. Unless it's Amazon. I reasonably suspect the reason for that is because Amazon has a warehouse in Metro Vancouver.  Fedex, doesn't ring the doorbell. UPS doesn't even try to drop the the parcel off at the address, they just drop it at whatever depot is the most inconvenient.

But Canada Post is batting zero this year for successful parcel deliveries. Last year they lost a parcel and I didn't get it replaced by the shipper for MONTHS. It's absolutely infuriating how incompetent everyone has become.

I've quite literately reconsidered buying things because of this.

3 hours ago, htimsenyawed said:

That’s a shame. I’m across the border in Kentucky and FedEx is the private courier I prefer. UPS is too rough with shit. I’ve never had a problem with USPS though, but I have a bias because my father worked for USPS for 30 odd years. 

Been all across the country, FedEx is consistently inconsistent aside from a few golden areas lol. UPS being mostly okay. USPS depending on the local office of sender / recipient. Though I do like using USPS where I can.

In my case usually DHL is by far the fastest and the most convenient service for the overseas shipping. I can arrange when I will get my package, where I will get it (drop off lockers or convenience stores etc) and I immediately know about import fees and can pay for them when the package arrives in the country. 
Fedex is a mess here for private deliveries. I also hate when shops use Fedex and want me to prepay the import fees which are way more expensive than if I paid for them during the delivery. 
On the other hand, local delivery companies are just the best. All of them offer a free re-delivery and you can select the time slot when you want your package delivered. 
Post is also quite good and reliable, but a bit slow. 

In Germany DHL is the biggest delivery company:

1. If a parcel is lost they don't care. DHL will pay but they won't search or find the parcel.

2. Service quality depends on where you life.  Here they have excellent service and for next day delivery the cut of time is 4 p.m.

Part of the reason it just works might be that the delivery guys here are still DHL people and not subcontractors. 50km away they use subcontractor and it's noticeable. They are stressed out and not all of them speak German.

If you have parcel centre near by you definitely prefer this carrier as you get free 7-9 a.m. delivery's. For example DPD was early morning while for UPS it was the last stop of the day. Effectively DPD was 1 workday faster because it was the first stop on their route.

People never go out of business.