What is the most controversial piece of tech?

djksm

What is the most controversial piece of tech? Post your replies below.

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

smart toaster...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Virtual reality, the massive industry push against the actual reality that 1/3-1/2 of people are incapable of using it without being sick is just delaying the inevitable.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Back in 2016 a company in India which randomly appeared out of nowhere called "Ringing Bells" launched a phone called "Freedom 251" and they claimed the price of the phone was just ₹251, only for a limited time and it's a pre order, and their website and every website that had the option to pre order the phone crashed, and the phones never arrived, and the owner of the company was arrested for fraud and spent 6 months in jail, and those who pre ordered it only a select few received the phone and it was just some Chinese phone rebadged with whiteners 

This kinda makes the Escobar phone look legit

4 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Virtual reality, the massive industry push against the actual reality that 1/3-1/2 of people are incapable of using it without being sick is just delaying the inevitable.

Thats just dissionance, and I don't think I've heard "virtual reality" and controversy in the same sentence before. There's been controversy around Meta pushing VR requiring accounts or storing personal data, but that's more about a company than the VR tech.

If VR is controversial, then generative AI (Chat GPT, etc) is a giant technological schism by comparison - Tons of direct hype, plenty of love and hate for what it does, what it could do, or how it could impact society.

Here’s one for you: hearing aids/cochlear implants. I know some hearing impaired people with strong opinions about this - on one hand, they are passionate about the deaf community and identity and don’t feel as though they should have to get implants to function in the world; on the other, some do feel it has elements of a disability and see cochlear implants as a huge breakthrough and assist in going through life. 

10 hours ago, seanondemand said:

Here’s one for you: hearing aids/cochlear implants. I know some hearing impaired people with strong opinions about this - on one hand, they are passionate about the deaf community and identity and don’t feel as though they should have to get implants to function in the world; on the other, some do feel it has elements of a disability and see cochlear implants as a huge breakthrough and assist in going through life. 

As someone with a hearing aid, I cannot understand how could anyone be against using one.

It's truly life changing being able to actually hear mostly normally.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I would say autopilot in cars (Teslas) is up there as it's commonly misused. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580