LTT Official Folding Month VI

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Message added by TVwazhere,

Daily point updates are posted here:

13 minutes ago, Mxyzptlk said:

I haven't had to turn on the heat in my house since the 31st.... actually I leave a few windows open at night to keep the house in the 70oF range (+/- 20oC).

Oh man, please get me back to winter. Summer is approaching, and yet we're already struggling with max temps of 37/98.6 on Sun, 30/86 on Wed, yesterday was 35/95, and today we're on 33/91.4.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

36 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Oh man, please get me back to winter. Summer is approaching, and yet we're already struggling with max temps of 37/98.6 on Sun, 30/86 on Wed, yesterday was 35/95, and today we're on 33/91.4.

98.6 isn't hot!!! It's Body Temperature....😜

Not much of a Gamer….. But I have thing about F@H that may be a little over the top.   See my builds here

Well I'm alone again today, and even worse I have run out of mayo to have with my pizza

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

17 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well I'm alone again today, and even worse I have run out of mayo to have with my pizza

Mayo and pizza?

-- When you have more than what you need, build a bigger table, not a bigger fence --

1 minute ago, Jacob_1999 said:

Mayo and pizza?

Yes add lots of garlic and a little sriracha 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Yes add lots of garlic and a little sriracha 

oookay im with you. Im could down with that 

-- When you have more than what you need, build a bigger table, not a bigger fence --

Once again this is a one-man show for tonight, wish me luck

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Going to get started on the data pull, will try to keep you in the loop 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, Imakuni said:

Well I DO in fact have a 1050 stored in my closet that I could put to use...

Nah, never mind. Efficiency is more important, the grid is struggling due to a heat wave right now. It's so bad, we had to fire up the thermal power plants for the first time in 3 years.

I wish i had an 1050 for that purpose. I hope i get the power supply back, i need to assemble another computer tomorrow.

When i get it, i will try to get a ryzen 3 3100 running. I hope, all the necessary parts work.

Good news everyone, @IkeaGnome is here to do the validation, make sure to thank him 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

16 minutes ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

I wish i had an 1050 for that purpose. I hope i get the power supply back, i need to assemble another computer tomorrow.

When i get it, i will try to get a ryzen 3 3100 running. I hope, all the necessary parts work.

Yeah I have a Ryzen CPU only, so I keep a spare GPU on me at all times in case my main one dies / gets sold off in preparation for an upgrade.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

42 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Good news everyone, @IkeaGnome is here to do the validation, make sure to thank him 

After a couple distractions, we're all good. It's almost like people expect me to work at work from time to time..

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Jacob_1999 said:

oookay im with you. Im could down with that 

I did wonder how he stomached a cheese pizza, its not even a pizza IMO.  Garlic is the key.

47 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Yeah I have a Ryzen CPU only, so I keep a spare GPU on me at all times in case my main one dies / gets sold off in preparation for an upgrade.

Even with all the GPUs I have active, I still have a GTX 1650 knocking around for emergencies.  Although ironically its my Intel box that is the problem as its a 12700F and my main desktop.

Of course realistically, I'd put one of the 4070 Ti cards back in it, and in fact will anyway after the event.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just cruising along here.

The most interesting thing is soon I will break into the top 200 for the entire F@H project and I'm not far off getting into the Top 10 for the team.

That will be past the end of the event though when I will take my gaming 4090 offline but likely leave the rest going, weather depending, but outside of the event I will tweak the TDP accordingly.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

I’m trying to hang in the top 100 but there are some heavy folders coming up fast behind me. On a positive note I think I’ll have the silver badge by American thanksgiving 

5 minutes ago, Jacob_1999 said:

I’m trying to hang in the top 100 but there are some heavy folders coming up fast behind me. On a positive note I think I’ll have the silver badge by American thanksgiving 

I'll be glad to be rid of the Newbie badge, it just feels wrong considering the sheer amount of contribution I've given to the team total. 😉  Which obviously is actually what the other badge is about, but it it erks me. (I'm going to leave the stutter there just to show how much it does)

I have hit another milestone:

image.png.4d41e2a52e31e74ce51c8eaa5c9e1428.png

F

Apparently my client is dead, for I generated no points today... luckily a restart fixed it, but that's the kind of thing that either shouldn't happen, or if it does, at least throw a warning or something to ask for user intervention.

4 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I wish I could leave the window open.  Mum has a phobia about flying insects and to be fair there's a big issue with people getting bedbugs this year (I think from birds) so it may for once be a legitimate point to keep the windows closed.

Its annoying the UK doesn't have the kinds of windows you can put a screen over, they are largely ones that open outwards and I think she would feel claustrophobic with a screen anyway.

Bedbugs suck. I paid for a company to come out and spray every couple of weeks for about a year before they gave up and said it just wasn't going to work. I ended up paying another company that brought out some propane heaters in a trailer and fed chutes through my windows and cooked my entire house. After they left, the walls were too hot to touch, crayons were melted puddles of wax, the thermostat just read "High" for the temperature, but the bugs were dead that day. Basically, you are into the right hobby. Just fire up enough GPUs churning away until your house hits about about 60 C/140 F and you're all set. No more bedbugs. Folding can get you into bedbugs and Folding can get you out of bedbugs.

AMD Ryzen 5600x, NVIDIA 3090 FE, 2 x 16 DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance, 2TB 980 Pro, 1TB 860 EVO, Dual 24" 1080p, RM1000x, Noctua NH-U12S, 220T RGB

49 minutes ago, SpaceRazor said:

Bedbugs suck. I paid for a company to come out and spray every couple of weeks for about a year before they gave up and said it just wasn't going to work. I ended up paying another company that brought out some propane heaters in a trailer and fed chutes through my windows and cooked my entire house. After they left, the walls were too hot to touch, crayons were melted puddles of wax, the thermostat just read "High" for the temperature, but the bugs were dead that day. Basically, you are into the right hobby. Just fire up enough GPUs churning away until your house hits about about 60 C/140 F and you're all set. No more bedbugs. Folding can get you into bedbugs and Folding can get you out of bedbugs.

Damn that is both an effective and awesome method, makes sense too.

8 hours ago, leadeater said:

Damn that is both an effective and awesome method, makes sense too.

or you can hire leadeater and he can bring his server racks in a shipping container and turn them on and start folding and vent the heat to your house you will be at 180 in no time!!!

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

Woot Starship seems to have so far had a successful launch!!! Well a Successful launch and separation followed by 2 RUDS…

I believe the RUDS were Purposful to Appease the FAA that the Termination System works.  But only time will tell.  I do believe they also overcooked the flip and that caused an issue on the booster. 41:31 on the replay when it flips you see the gas thrusters working HARD and engines going out.

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

GOT, I have another suggestion for Folding month theme song

'cause this is literally what's happening with all PPD monsters up ahead.

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

poor heat.. got over heated by me....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

So we've hit that time of the event?

17:25:10:WU01:FS00:Connecting to assign1.foldingathome.org:80
17:25:10:WU01:FS00:Assigned to work server 131.239.113.97
17:25:11:WU01:FS00:Requesting new work unit for slot 00: gpu:5:0 AD102 [GeForce RTX 4090] from 131.239.113.97
17:25:11:WU01:FS00:Connecting to 131.239.113.97:8080
17:25:32:WARNING:WU01:FS00:WorkServer connection failed on port 8080 trying 80
17:25:32:WU01:FS00:Connecting to 131.239.113.97:80
17:25:53:ERROR:WU01:FS00:Exception: Failed to connect to 131.239.113.97:80: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

image.thumb.png.d124c82268ad7c92ae2d5f53936b1030.png

The server stats claim there is plenty of work, but the assignment server has gone AWOL.

Apparently rebooting was a bad idea, CPU job now wont start:

17:42:07:WU00:FS01:0xa8:ERROR:Guru Meditation #ec0a6bbebf45ee.7f70a3e143dea3d3 (3124127.3125999) '00/01/dhdl.xvg'
17:42:08:WARNING:WU00:FS01:FahCore returned an unknown error code which probably indicates that it crashed
17:42:08:WARNING:WU00:FS01:FahCore returned: UNKNOWN_ENUM (-1073740791 = 0xc0000409)

I guess I should have paused, seems Windows must not have waited for FAHClient to close cleanly and it corrupted the WU progress and has to request new WU now.