Future LTX Locations???

On 8/25/2023 at 8:34 PM, TempestCatto said:

Nah, it should be held in Virginville, PA. That's 99% of the fanbase! 

On 8/25/2023 at 8:59 PM, Erioch said:

How far from Intercourse, PA is that?

On 8/26/2023 at 5:58 AM, TempestCatto said:

Oh it's only an hour. But you have to take US 222 which is ass. I'd recommend calling up Lester to find the nearest helicopter.

At first I though you were joking... Then I googled it... and this is f-ing glorious!

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

On 9/2/2023 at 4:29 PM, Gecko said:

Common sense says its about finances if they were to hold it anywhere else other than where the company is from think of the cost like this

-          Bring employees flights

-          Put them up in hotels

-          Feed them

-          Bring all they use and stream

In conclusion It makes no sense to bring it anywhere other than where the company is from and the team if they do infect do it again next year.

This makes way more sense in hindsight. Should have thought about it more.

I hung out out with people at LTX from as far away as Europe and Asia.  So seeing an American complain that Vancouver, which is a whopping 41 kilometers (26 miles) from the US border, is 'too far away' is kinda laughable.

Get a passport and go see the world.  It's out there, waiting for you, and you won't regret it.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

On 9/4/2023 at 3:49 PM, PocketNerd said:

At first I though you were joking... Then I googled it... and this is f-ing glorious!

If you think thats glorious both Paradise and Hell exist in Michgian. Fun fact my sister got married in Hell on a cold and brisk February day. As my brother in law said it would be a cold day in Hell before he would get married again. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

If you think thats glorious both Paradise and Hell exist in Michgian. Fun fact my sister got married in Hell on a cold and brisk February day. As my brother in law said it would be a cold day in Hell before he would get married again. 

Well I guess we need to be careful about the saying "X will only happen when Hell freezes over"

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

I always thought the whole point is that they're (quite rightly) proudly Canadian. 

LTT/LTX is Canadian and if you want to experience it...the best place is in Canada.

I'm from the UK and if they decided they were going to do LTX-UK it just wouldn't feel right.

To experience LTX is to experience Canada...then again I've never been to either so what do I know. 🤣

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

On 8/24/2023 at 4:49 PM, saintlouisbagels said:

Do you think every LTX attendee lives in Vancouver?

Yes

Omg, it's a signature!

On 9/2/2023 at 2:29 PM, Gecko said:

Common sense says its about finances if they were to hold it anywhere else other than where the company is from think of the cost like this

-          Bring employees flights

-          Put them up in hotels

-          Feed them

-          Bring all they use and stream

In conclusion It makes no sense to bring it anywhere other than where the company is from and the team if they do infect do it again next year.

who says they have to feed them

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• 1 month later...

From a financial standpoint they probably would not break even if they attempted to do in the states or anywhere else through canada. At least in vancouver they have everything on site and its generally just lots of moving trucks. I get why people want it closer to them, but then its not closer for everybody else. So at the end of the day there is no real benefit to moving it.

The geek himself.

4 hours ago, NTDaws said:

From a financial standpoint they probably would not break even if they attempted to do in the states or anywhere else through canada. At least in vancouver they have everything on site and its generally just lots of moving trucks. I get why people want it closer to them, but then its not closer for everybody else. So at the end of the day there is no real benefit to moving it.

Only place that would even vaguely make sense is Seattle since it's only about 2 hours away because then you don't have to fly people far away.

But at that point you should just do it in Vancouver

On 9/6/2023 at 2:36 PM, CerealExperimentsLain said:

I hung out out with people at LTX from as far away as Europe and Asia.  So seeing an American complain that Vancouver, which is a whopping 41 kilometers (26 miles) from the US border, is 'too far away' is kinda laughable.

Get a passport and go see the world.  It's out there, waiting for you, and you won't regret it.

Vancooooover is 26 miles from the US, sure, but the WA/Canada border is, like, 10 billion miles from the nation's biggest population concentration along the east coast. It's time to think of the east coasties. LTXJAX - The Jacksonville Experience. It's the only fair solution for everyone. It's the only answer for anyone.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

On 8/25/2023 at 1:34 PM, BeefSupreme said:

If you live in California, it's literally a 3 hour flight to Vancouver 😂😂

Yes but is expensive, and from Utah (where I'm from) it would take even longer and would be more expensive.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:59 PM, someloserinamerica said:

I don't currently live in Canada and it's a looooong way to Vancouver so I was wondering if there is any plans to bring LTX to America. California comes to mind where there is more creators to collaborate with. This might be one of my stupid ideas but some people might like it too.

UK gang 😞

• 2 months later...

I think the next LTX location is in an alternate universe where they didn’t cancel LTX

I hear plane tickets to there are pretty cheap

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

LTX UK would be pretty cool. Not sure how much it costs to book Wembley Stadium.

I would say that ltx would always be in Vancouver since the logistics and coordination required to hold the event say in Washington State(a 2 hour drive to Seattle) for an example would still be quite a hurdle and it would be costly. However I think for future LTXes, Linus should make a online pass which could be very cool.

6 hours ago, goatedpenguin said:

Linus should make a online pass which could be very cool.

They did. At least at the last one. You would purchase it thru Float Plane.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

16 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

They did. At least at the last one. You would purchase it thru Float Plane.

oh haha did not know that.