Female representation in the LMG & the tech media sphere

LucySpectre
1 minute ago, Electricity Taster said:

believe it is justified to be opposed to a trans-discriminatory attitude

Which thats not what sans was being, so im not sure what you’re actually opposing.

I need a specific example, not a generalization that literally uses the word "generally".

You asked, i answered, if you want specifics i would just be quoting all your posts to sans which would be redundant.

if you dont like that answer, feel free to ignore me because i believe it is justified to be opposed to arguments against something someone isnt even making.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

18 minutes ago, Arika said:

hyperfocusing

I just thought of a great example. Imagine these people in a row: Yvonne, Sarah, Emily, and Madison. You start with Yvonne and you say "she". You move to Sarah and you say "she". You move to Emily and say "them". Then finally move to Madison and say "she".

See the problem?

I just thought of a great example. Imagine these people in a row: Yvonne, Sarah, Emily, and Madison. You start with Yvonne and you say "she". You move to Sarah and you say "she". You move to Emily and say "them". Then finally move to Madison and say "she".

See the problem?

Which isnt what happened, now you’re making up a scenario. Varnic was only talking about Emily, there was no precursor to gendering other people before the condemning “their” was uttered, it was said in a vacuum.

if this is the hill you want to die on, go for it, you’re more than welcome to it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

11 minutes ago, Arika said:

Which isnt what happened, now you’re making up a scenario. Varnic was only talking about Emily, there was no precursor to gendering other people before the condemning “their” was uttered, it was said in a vacuum.

if this is the hill you want to die on, go for it, you’re more than welcome to it.

It's an example to make it clear what the problem is. You don't need to establish a trend for it to be a misgenderization. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the transgender person who is called a "them" all day without he or she identifying as a "them". In the case of Emily, we all know she is a she, so there is no excuse. It was misgenderization and it was discriminatory.

Yeesh, both of you. See my prior comment about it being time to give this particular debate a rest. If we can all agree that everyone was trying to be respectful, then there's nothing to debate. 

I still want an answer as to if there's an artistic disagreement with casting more women as host.

Thread locked.
While I'm sure the OP was well-intentioned, this is neither the time nor place to start a debate on gender diversity. The topic quickly diverging in to an argument about transgender issues and following discussion about moderation has only further derailed discussion. I do not believe it would be possible to get the topic back on track without some heavy-handed moderation and removal of a large portion of the comments, which would likely only exacerbate the latter issue. For the sake of transparency none of the posts in this thread have been removed.

In regards to forum moderators being involved in discussions; our standard practice is to exclude ourselves from being involved in any moderation related to topics we have participated in. The forum moderators are volunteers who have been chosen from the community, and we encourage moderators to continue engaging with the community and sharing their own personal opinions. Historically this approach has been understood and appreciated by the community, however given the current circumstances and the influx of new members in the community I understand that people may not have the required trust in the moderation team for this to be possible. I will be discussing with the moderation team the importance of remaining impartial and how people may perceive their participation in these controversial topics.

If you ever feel that you have been unfairly treated by any member of the forum moderation team please reach out to our Forum Administrator @colonel_mortis via private message.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450