Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, DakotaCx said:

Referring to the production schedule? 

I see no reason not to believe that, but I don't see that playing into the SA scandal. 

Yes, but there's three separate things going on here, as far as I can recall.

There is the SA accusation, there's the accusation of poor management, and there's the accusation of untenable work loads.  The latter two I find 100% believable right off the bat, and I don't think it's just a "generational" thing.

4 minutes ago, coopa said:

Terren is hiring a third party investigator to investigate the allegations impartially per his response to the Verge, so taking any action against Madison would be premature until LMG can say what they know is true, not true, or unverifiable.

If even some of the allegations are true - and there are none that can be proven 100% false without a doubt with incontrovertible evidence - I doubt Madison would be sued for defamation, period.

In this case, absolutely the best response LMG can take right now. Of course, this would also be a prerequisite if they wanted to pursue legal action as well, but they’ll cross that bridge eventually (referring to whether the allegations have merit). 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, DarithINAbby said:

OR, and this might just be crazy, they thought of the outside investigation after the fact, and what does impartiality have to do with an HR review of the matter? it isn't a legal (like during a trial) action, it would just be them "trying" to get to the bottom of what happened

I would imagine it would also potentially add to their case defense should litigation occur if they can refer to an outside party/ expert who can attest their practices aren't outside of legal norms. 

5 minutes ago, IronArm said:

.... she is still getting impacted by it because of terrible people (not LTT but instead the worst side of this community). 

Keep the above in mind.

5 minutes ago, IronArm said:

If she wanted to Tweet about it, she should be able to. I don't see the harm in her doing that. 

I had assumed that some of those 'terrible people' were the result of making things 'public'. 

Is that not true?

12 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

From this tidbit I found on Canadian defamation law, there appears to be fewer protections on part of the defendant than in the US, and the burden seems to be on the defendant to prove that her statements were not defamatory. 

http://cactuslaw.ca/service/defamation-laws-in-canada/

If Linus was at the helm, I’d expect he’d want to do away with the problem as quickly as possible. He wouldn’t care to fight a long, drawn out battle. And if he was still CEO, I tend to agree that he probably shouldn’t press further. 

Terran on the other hand, despite a relatively cool exterior, I feel would go right for the throat, if the opportunity presented itself, so as to prevent a future recurrence. I don’t anticipate this to go to court, but the immense pressure applied could gain a favorable settlement, that probably forbids further allegations. 

they can only go for the throat if they are sure some of the stuff didn't happen, but still, the more i think about it, the scarier it seems for madison

meanwhile brand image and sponsors...

We'll see how it plays out, likely to be a lengthy process

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

One thing I'd like to see, is what LTT's compliance status is regarding Workers Compensation Act, s. 21 WorkSafeBC Policy Item P2-21-2. Has this training been provided, is it being adhered to? Is there even an independent and above C-suite HR representation in place? If not, that's a major legal issue. If found not in compliance I'm pretty sure GBC can heavily fine and enforce compliance onto LTT, and those fines are fucking massive and damaging. Then you get into the Federal mandates for workplace harassment... it won't be pretty.

Source of knowledge: This is my literal job in a different province, being a Workplace Harassment and Sexual Harassment educator for both employees and managers.

Linus: Get a fucking HR team, make them independent of the c-suite and ownership, get compliant with the BC requirements, and enforce basic worker rights as mandated by law. Not hard to do.

3 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

There is the SA accusation, there's the accusation of poor management, and there's the accusation of untenable work loads.  The latter two I find 100% believable right off the bat, and I don't think it's just a "generational" thing.

No, I agree with you. The management structure needs improvement, that's nothing new. Nor is the workload. 

Those have both been addressed numerous times over the past year or so, including plans for improvement. So anything about that I readily believe because it comes from multiple employees, including Linus. 

Generational gaps in the workplace -  that's a separate individual issue unrelated to those points. 

Just now, jitteryzeitgeist said:

When other employees have universally agreed that LTT has a culture of constant crunch, rushing out too much content too fast, yeah. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Do we think what Madison went through with LTT is exaclty what Emily is now going through behind the scenes? It's clearly not a supportive work environment it's as toxic and fast pace as possible

17 minutes ago, Booch121 said:

saying shes playing the "women" card proves that women get still get shafted by society

No, it doesn't it means I believe her to be doing as such. not that you're wrong in that some aspects of society  still don't treat females in an equal light, but then nor do males in some as well

There's no way they will sue IF she made it all up. The outside investigation will be published, and that will be their statement on the matter, along with some acknowledgement if any issues come to light that need addressing. It would be career suicide to sue her even IF she blatantly lied and made it all up.

6 minutes ago, Apologize_to_madison said:

Do the right and have EVERY manager apologize to Madison publicly including Linus for every single lie and threat he personally said and especially for ignoring it.
I regret not buying the the solid copper cooler I would have sent it to GN to do some real justice and actually do a real review.

This is horrible for everyone because GN has to take massive risks to do the right thing but they know they will get black listed by LTT
Anyone that supports Madison or GN has to watch their backs and be careful with the community
Madison is scared because LMG has millions it can spend for legal fees to sue them into the ground

It's questionable at this point why Emily doesn't appear in videos have they been barred too?
What kind of bullshit does Emily have to deal with daily? Is Linus just going to tell her to calm her tits too?

I've been a fan of LTT for a very long time I remember watching 7 gamer 1 CPU after a math exam and wanting to create a budget version of that project so I could play video games with my friends. I bought myself a LTT swacket because I thought I made me look cool back then but now what LMG has become makes me sick now.

Linus if your reading this what the actual fuck for thinking you failed your employees if they ever try to start a union they clearly fucking need one after all this bullshit you put them through

Gonna tell him to calm his man titties

1 minute ago, xg32 said:

they can only go for the throat if they are sure some of the stuff didn't happen, but still, the more i think about it, the scarier it seems for madison

meanwhile brand image and sponsors...

We'll see how it plays out, likely to be a lengthy process

Figured that part wasn’t something needed to spell out, given they’ve already appeared to have hired a third party auditor. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

6 minutes ago, BustinJustin said:

Discrediting someone who is a woman isn't the same as discreting someone because they are a woman. 

I'm tired of this culture of any time someone comes and "exposes" or accuses someone or a company of something, it's all 100% true and framed correctly and without bias, the only correct response is and admission and grand mea culpa, and you're not allowed to defend yourself. 

The important part is Linus actually addressing this issue and acknowledging it instead of hiding away

1 minute ago, Apologize_to_madison said:

Do we think what Madison went through with LTT is exaclty what Emily is now going through behind the scenes? It's clearly not a supportive work environment it's as toxic and fast pace as possible

As far as I can tell she's been out behind the scenes for some time and has been supported. When you're friends with someone trans at least in my experience, you don't really focus on that. You just see them. 

1 minute ago, Apologize_to_madison said:

The important part is Linus actually addressing this issue and acknowledging it instead of hiding away

the ACTUAL important part is linus would not be doing any of this if he wasn't forced to

Man, what a fun week. She really choose the best of week of pour oil on the dumpster fire that was going on. Even more new users coming over and being toxic as well...

She's completely misinterpreting what Linus is saying here... No it's not "hehe no one has come out against us, therefore we have done no wrong".

He's literally saying how in Canada we have laws that prevents employers from interfering with or attacking (ex)-employees who speak out against work conditions. Our workers protection laws are MUCH better than what you find in the US. As long as it is true and not defamation. Has nothing to do with "no one is speaking out against us, hence we're squeaky clean".

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.16614770413c43629c193d0e5a112ab1.png

Still weird how there isn't more people coming out about their horrible experience at LMG. Yet somehow it's a bunch of widespread issue at LMG according to her.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, DakotaCx said:

Working a 5 day work week it seems like it was only a requirement for 2 videos that could be crossposted on three channels, plus one more post for whatever social platform I'm forgetting. So what? 3 shortform content pieces, and 2 vlog videos? That seems pretty reasonable compared to the rest of the organization and their schedules. I also don't know that the jokes were a prereq? Social media is more than just meme posting no? 

I took that FP stuff as more intended to be like the CorridorCrew videos. Not really written, or scripted.. well at least when they first started up

I can understand the frustration with working from home on off-time, I would not be happy about that either and refuse to do that without pay. 

I definitely can see her age and experience level playing a huge role here as well given what she was walking into with no previous experience 

But again, it's all speculation at this point, including her stance. She deserves to be heard, even empathized with - however believed at face value this moment? I am unsure. It deserves investigation or more information or whatever route it goes, but as it stands now I think its fair to ask questions. 

I was just using the "number of jokes you had to come up with" as an example to explain the creative pressure put on a single person running the social media account with millions of fans. A comparsion to the rest of the organization with multiple people isn't a great comparison. The other is that those teams (and several people have mentioned this) often have heavy workloads. People handle excessive workloads different, especially when it is something they are passionate about. Now, in those other scenarios if someone needed to back off a bit because they would being overworked - they could possibly ask someone to cover something for them - if just one day or one project. Madison didn't appear to have the luxury because she was the sole Social Media person at the time. 

Those still come with a number of difficulties. Those videos require you pulling time away from people who are trying to do their jobs, have more seniority than you, and are likely overworked as well. Additionally, those videos still have to fit into the LMG standards and not do anything to upset sponsors or partners. 

That seems to be an unfortunate side of working for LMG. There seems to be little "off-time" and there is always supposed to be working - which never creates a good working space.

She was and if what she is saying is true, there was little proper management (based on how things have been at LMG, misproper management seems very likely). 

It is fair to ask questions, but my compliant is that people seem complete unaware about even if all her points are correct and 100% truthful how difficult it is. People sitting behind a keyboard, not dealing with the trauma, telling her what she should and shouldn't do - in addition what is and isn't acceptable. 

Asking questions is fine, but people need to use their heads on what the situation and scenarios would have been like.

2 minutes ago, Apologize_to_madison said:

I can see it now..    

Merch messages:     How is emily doing? You treating her better than....

Actually that's not a bad idea 🙂

2 minutes ago, Apologize_to_madison said:

I doubt he’s hiding. I’m sure he’s been told to stand down. 

2 minutes ago, DarithINAbby said:

OR, and this might just be crazy, they thought of the outside investigation after the fact, and what does impartiality have to do with an HR review of the matter? it isn't a legal (like during a trial) action, it would just be them "trying" to get to the bottom of what happened

So there is often a cynicism about HR at companies, especially smaller companies. At the end of the day, HR's goal is to protect the company. At larger companies, there are shareholders (for public companies) and many individuals, etc. where it is very hard for any one individual, no matter high up in the company, to put their thumb on the scales (either directly or indirectly drive a desired result, particularly if the complaint could be negative for them).

I'm not implying anything about Linus or Yvonne's ethics here, but the problem of smaller companies - especially one owned by a couple - is that they are the only two owners of this private company. For these very public allegations, it would be in their own financial interest for the report to have nothing. Ideally, that would happen because there was indeed nothing TO find! But with the owners (and particularly Linus as the face of the brand) having a result, and the doubt of LMG's ethics/honesty just as the Billet labs and video accuracy issues came up from Gamer's Nexus, you could see where people wouldn't necessarily trust a review that came from LMG's own in-house HR department...

You hire a third party investigator, they look through the relevant HR files and complaints, and they issue a report. They're paid to find the truth. They have no financial incentive to make the report positive for the company, or negative as possible, or anything - just the truth. By hiring a third party investigator, you help give credence that you had somebody who's sole job was that investigation and that the result of their report cannot be influenced by "if the report is what I want you get a promotion/if the report is bad you're fired".

For both the employees at LMG, and the public, hiring a third party investigator is a sign that they want the truth at the end and to clean up practices/house (employees, if particularly flagrant violations occurred by them), and not just push a sham investigation out the door. That's the point. That's why it's important.