Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, 0catt said:

Lmao. What is this with your boomer mentality that makes you think that being mentally unavailable is not a valid reason? 

You clearly don't understand the struggle so why are you even commenting on it?

Just makes you sound like an asshole who thinks mental issues are not real issues.

She has the right, of being abused, and not taking legal action immediately. 

Especially in a community where the majority is men. that if she came with this out of nowhere, before this GN drama, she would be verbally attacked, send death threats etc

like its literally happening rn. 

I don't care how this makes me sound in the slightest either. Call me what ever you want. If there was a crime report it. If you don't that is on you. No one else. Just you. Your mental capacity isn't my problem and can't be a part of a discussion about criminal activities. Your mental issues are only yours. They are not a get out of jail free card that allows you to accuse another person without evidence and demand that that person be persecuted. 

2 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

To this, I'm think it's prudent to still reserve judgement on whether the allegations are true or false.  If other employees come forward with similar allegations or back up her story, then I think it will lend credence to this

Criminally? For sure. I don't think anyone should be prosecuted off allegations.

But considering the context of what LTT is doing, how they are responding incredibly poorly, and the weight of the allegations, I am at least morally obligated to support Madison here. Why would Madison make up such crazy claims over nothing? Especially when she wrote the same stuff in her glassdoor review back then.

5 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Yes. Because I believe innocent until proven guilty is a thing and Twitter posts about abuse are pointless and harmful.

Sorry I edited my comment.

I take back what I wrote actually sorry, either you are really a horrible human being or just a young naive and immature person still in highschool. The legal system doesn't need to be involved everywhere. You are aware you can be legally not guilty of something but still be guilty of the action you done.... you realise that right? It's irrelevant to the point. 

And how is it pointless and harmful? If what she says is 100% true but they cannot prove it in court, how the F is it pointless to air it out and let the truth be out there? Do you understand what it takes to pursue legal matter and how much money it cost? Of course you don't or else you wouldn't be writing such comments.  I used to think like you when I was a kid a few years back but now I've matured and learned a lot about life. The system is rigged against you in the first place for most things. 

ok, this is where I draw the line

unsubbed from your channel.

I hope you and everyone who could've done something burns in hell

1 minute ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

And yet shes the one you blame for it, apparently.

Neat.

I’m not blaming anyone. I’ve said that from the beginning. I’m just trying to make sense of it all.

Just now, Reclus said:

I don't care how this makes me sound in the slightest either. Call me what ever you want. If there was a crime report it. If you don't that is on you. No one else. Just you. Your mental capacity isn't my problem and can't be a part of a discussion about criminal activities. Your mental issues are only yours. They are not a get out of jail free card that allows you to accuse another person without evidence and demand that that person be persecuted. 

Hahaha wow look at this shit

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

I’m not blaming anyone. I’ve said that from the beginning. I’m just trying to make sense of it all.

This you?

I just feel like she could have done SOMETHING other than "vent" if she was assaulted. 

So its her fault for not doing anything else, and yet you have no idea what that anything else is?  Do I have this right?

1 minute ago, DarkSwordsman said:

Criminally? For sure. I don't think anyone should be prosecuted off allegations.

But considering the context of what LTT is doing, how they are responding incredibly poorly, and the weight of the allegations, I am at least morally obligated to support Madison here. Why would Madison make up such crazy claims over nothing? Especially when she wrote the same stuff in her glassdoor review back then.

Lol- minor correction, I think you mean 'persecuted'.  All prosecutions stem from allegations.

Just now, jitteryzeitgeist said:

This you?

How does any of that show me taking a side? Did I say I blame her?

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

How does any of that show me taking a side? Did I say I blame her?

Yes.

Yes you quite clearly put the onus on "doing something about it" on her, and are puzzled as to why she didn't do more when you have no idea what the "more" is yourself.

45 minutes ago, Astetine said:

Well said.

Plus what happens when we bring our experiences to the discussion in cases like this can be summarized as "not all the man".

So guys you have a chance to prove that "not all the man are the same", right here and right now. Demand investigation and accountability.

It's sad seeing this forum verify all our points with how quickly they are to dismiss the issues we bring up about working within the tech industry as a woman.

Bunch of boys in the boys club debating on which way Madison must of been wrong for daring to bring up something that "isn't a big deal. Just take them out for coffee!"

im so surprised Madison didn't drop a story about being asked to "smile more." Blah

Just now, Reclus said:

lmao, you do realize that she mentioned a lot of problems that not all of them are condemning to the eyes of the law right ?

also prosecuted? This isn't lawn & order, people need to be held accountable if true. If this is true, then let the law take care of it, or if they don't want to take care of it people will see the garbage and leave. We don't even know who is the specific person involved in her problem which could, by now, not even be working at LMG anymore.

Seems to me you need to take care about your issues honestly

2 minutes ago, gregcron said:

Lol- minor correction, I think you mean 'persecuted'.  All prosecutions stem from allegations.

Possible distinction with conviction vs prosecution. Conviction requires proof, prosecution requires reasonable evidence (or at least, someone believing they can get a conviction from less than stellar evidence)

1 minute ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

Yes.

Yes you quite clearly put the onus on "doing something about it" on her, and are puzzled as to why she didn't do more when you have no idea what the "more" is yourself.

You’re twisting my words and looking for a fight. I never placed blame. I just didn’t understand the thinking. Do with it what you will. Have a good day. 

10 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Just so you know, cheating on your partner is not illegal in any Western country. 
So how can anyone be legally guilty of cheating?

Sexual harassment at this level is literally not a criminal crime, its a civil crime in the US, and every state has nuances to it, let alone having to do with canada international workplaces. (not to say a person can not commit criminal sexual harassment, just that the accusation is not at that level)

Criminality literally has zero bearing to the accusations being made here. Bringing in a police report doesnt do jack shit other then able to provide documentations for a civil lawsuit which most victims are not looking to participate in. Civil lawsuits are not free. No you can not just casually sue for attorny fees once you win, those are not easy cases to win.

Jail is not, and has never been on the table.

1 minute ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Sorry I edited my comment.

I take back what I wrote actually sorry, either you are really a horrible human being or just a young naive and immature person still in highschool. The legal system doesn't need to be involved everywhere. You are aware you can be legally not guilty of something but still be guilty of the action you done.... you realise that right? It's irrelevant to the point. 

And how is it pointless and harmful? If what she says is 100% true but they cannot prove it in court, how the F is it pointless to air it out and let the truth be out there? Do you understand what it takes to pursue legal matter and how much money it cost? Of course you don't or else you wouldn't be writing such comments.  

Yep keep bringing in the insults. highschool, immature, naive. This isn't something. These are criminal allegations of sexual nature at work. And yes the legal system needs to be involved with allegations of this nature so that people that harass and abuse others are eliminated from the public sphere. You are advocating for a free pass to throw baseless claims no Twitter. 

IF what she says is true can only be proven in court and if so the guilty should face justice, not a angry Twitter mob.

The entire point of this that it relies on the word IF. 

Again it costs 0 money to report a crime.

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

You’re twisting my words and looking for a fight. I never placed blame. I just didn’t understand the thinking. Do with it what you will. Have a good day. 

You should try and work at that, or at least listen to the thousands of women who have spoken out.  The reasons have been laid bare for a long time, man.  None of this is out of the ordinary, it's expected, and it's not particularly mysterious.

21 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Then what was the point of posting it if she wasnt looking for anything?  It seems like if it was so horrible, shed want to do something about it.  I know I would.  I guess I just dont understand the thinking.  I'm not arguing, just trying to make sense of it.

She said at the beginning of the post that she was getting a ton of DMs, which is why she spoke out.

And why are you 'trying to make sense of it' ?   You aren't directly involved.  It's LMG's job to 'make sense of it' and investigate, not ours.    At this point we should be horrified of the allegations, and if true, that LMG absolutely makes everybody involved accountable, regardless of how well they are 'liked' by the community.  And all we can do is wait to see what comes of it.

My guess is she's getting super harassed now, because you know, internet idiots. 

11 hours ago, xManok said:

So I‘ve been able to give LTT the benefit of the doubt for nearly anything right now. 

What is worse is Maddison‘s statement.

Here‘s a bad summary: 

Maddison decided to leave LMG due to multiple reasons, all of them hitting her mental health at an „alltime low“

I‘m going to start with the simple stuff.

1. “I was expected to post 3 tweet, 2 Instagram posts, and 2 TikToks minimum per day“.

- Okay, kind of weird that she has to do so much work, anyone knows that‘s a lot (especially in terms of quality). This approach reminds me of younger LTT honestly.........."

You have to be joking right? It's the only thing I could think of for you saying you think 3 tweet, 2 Instagram posts, and 2 TikToks a day is too much work, 3 tweets is like 200-500 words instagram is hitting a shutter button twice and ya the Tiktok might be a bit more involved but you'd still have 6 hours in the day to finish it.

also don't forget she AGREED to those terms, she didn't have to take the job, you don't get to say Yes to "We need X amount from you each day, if you can do that the job is yours...." to then say   "Man my work asks so much from me its mentally taxing"

Then let her file a official complaint and let justice to it’s thing, this is no issue to be solely threated in social media. Trial by media is just technological advanced medieval…

10 hours ago, xg32 said:

It's probably already too late, shes going into little details that doesn't even matter anymore, the big allegations are either hearsay or hard to prove, you are right in that LMG HAS TO sue.

It's extremely rough for employees to come out against sexual harassment and discrimination. It's them against a gigantic corporation with the perks that it affords LTT's leadership. This led Madison to self-harm. It destroyed her mental health. That matters, despite what you say. I'm not well-versed in Canada's legal system, but I'm willing to bet LMG won't pursue legal action against her. It's bad for their image and for business. Discovery might also lead to actual evidence.

Instead of defending a corporation that is very capable of defending itself, you could have chosen to listen to the victim. There's a chance that these allegations are false, but they rarely are, and it's people like you that actively discourage people that were harmed from speaking up. Shame on you.

26 minutes ago, 0catt said:

Lmao. What is this with your boomer mentality that makes you think that being mentally unavailable is not a valid reason? 

You clearly don't understand the struggle so why are you even commenting on it?

Just makes you sound like an asshole who thinks mental issues are not real issues.

She has the right, of being abused, and not taking legal action immediately. 

Especially in a community where the majority is men. that if she came with this out of nowhere, before this GN drama, she would be verbally attacked, send death threats etc

like its literally happening rn. 

it's not that people don't understand, for allegations as serious as this there needs to be some proof, any proof.

I read through her posts 3 times, first time i was emphatic, then 2nd time i realize there's no proof. 3rd time on the updated posts is mostly just workload/rant that are not pertinent.

For now i'm waiting for proof of sexual assault allegations, but we may never see it as it's a legal issue now.

11 minutes ago, Sartre said:

Shame on you.

why is this personal all the sudden, im just waiting on some proof, never said she was lying. If you wanna pick a side without any proof, ur free to do so. No shame.

I've seen streamers' careers destroyed from assault allegations without proof that turned out to be not true.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

1 minute ago, JuanF Madrid said:

PLEASE REPOST EVERYWHERE SO MANAGEMENT SEES IT.

Ad Jokes and Selling Merch in your apology to the community,

Really shows how little you respect that community

or how little of an apology you actually mean.

Here is a complete compilation of the how serious LMG takes their apologies 

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET PEOPLE

I'd like to think this was an attempt by them to try to keep the serious levels down a little to not scare off people too much. But I don't think it was executed very well at all.

4 minutes ago, RWxAshley said:

It's sad seeing this forum verify all our points with how quickly they are to dismiss the issues we bring up about working within the tech industry as a woman.

Bunch of boys in the boys club debating on which way Madison must of been wrong for daring to bring up something that "isn't a big deal. Just take them out for coffee!"

im so surprised Madison didn't drop a story about being asked to "smile more." Blah

The thing that constantly surprises me is when people ask "WELL WHY DID SHE WAIT?"

Because the reasons for waiting have been addressed, a lot:  Fear of backlash, embarrassment, shame, depression, anger, hopelessness, being talked out of coming forward, being dismissed by authorities.  The list is long and varied and has been repeated to death and yet every time this comes up with a new person we have a legion of people slackjawed and wondering, "Well it sure is SUSPECT she didn't come forward earlier!  She must be golddigging!"

It's infuriating and I'm sick of it.  I almost lost a good friend because of this shit and the things she had to deal with in the military and how it was dismissed and how she was dragged through the mud for bringing it up a few years after she got out.

I'm just done.