Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

2 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Just so you know, cheating on your partner is not illegal in any Western country. 
So how can anyone be legally guilty of cheating?

Sexual harassment at this level is literally not a criminal crime, its a civil crime in the US, and every state has nuances to it, let alone having to do with canada international workplaces. (not to say a person can not commit criminal sexual harassment, just that the accusation is not at that level)

Criminality literally has zero bearing to the accusations being made here. Bringing in a police report doesnt do jack shit other then able to provide documentations for a civil lawsuit which most victims are not looking to participate in.

Jail is not, and has never been on the table.

1. You are going off topic. Obviously for a reason.

2. Cheating has legal repercussion such as divorce and everything that follows.

3. Criminal acts are persecuted by the state. The cost is 0.

4. Thank you for proving my point. You are not looking for justice, you are looking for validation via Twitter. 

5. Jail for sexual abusers should and is always on the table.

12 minutes ago, Guarana said:

ok, this is where I draw the line

unsubbed from your channel.

I hope you and everyone who could've done something burns in hell

Bro hells not real

The Dino was Here.

Just now, DarithINAbby said:

I know right! imagine if it had actually been true, think of how bad that work place would be like, I mean hell we'd be hearing about it almost daily, all the sexual harassment that goes on. I'm just thankful that it is clearly BS made up lie or I'd have to start thinking of my thoughts on LMG

not if u sign a NDA

54 minutes ago, DarithINAbby said:

it is blatently obvious she is lying, or at the very least exagerating to obsertity

It's crap like this and people like you that victims don't want to speak.  You don't KNOW she is lying or exaggerating, you are just guessing.  You weren't there.  You have no clue if it's true or not true, but to you it's 'obvious' based on what?    Maybe she is lying or exaggerating, and maybe she's not.   We just have to wait an see instead of just saying crap this. 

4 minutes ago, 0catt said:

not if u sign a NDA

NDA wouldn't apply to criminal action. Linus said so himself. 

"No NDA or other agreement can prevent a Canadian from reporting workplace mistreatment including (but not limited to) harassment, discrimination or unlawful termination. They can post it publicly, submit a statement to the authorities, or do both for good measure. As long as it was true it wouldn't be  defamatory." - LS

Just now, Reclus said:

4. Thank you for proving my point. You are not looking for justice, you are looking for validation via Twitter. 

No Criminal crime is being accused here. There is NOTHING for the state to persecute. This is a CIVIL accusation. 

4 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Literally, not true.

If not than please enlighten me what are they?

To all you asking for proof, you're missing the point. It should be alarming to the company and its audience that the workplace culture became so toxic that an accusation like this comes out and most people familiar with the LMG work environment believe it on its face. Whether it actually happened or not is a point for the legal system. Whether its plausible, if not probable, is a problem for their customers. And as a customer who finds this all to depressingly plausible I can not support this company until it has been satisfactorily addressed and rectified.

Just now, starsmine said:

No Criminal crime is being accused here. There is NOTHING for the state to persecute. This is a CIVIL accusation. 

Civil accusation of what?

1 minute ago, Reclus said:

If not than please enlighten me what are they?

Civil. They are civil actions.

Just now, William Isted said:

Civil. They are civil actions.

Are you all of a sudden unable to form a sentence? Civil accusations of what?

6 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

You should try and work at that, or at least listen to the thousands of women who have spoken out.  The reasons have been laid bare for a long time, man.  None of this is out of the ordinary, it's expected, and it's not particularly mysterious.

To those of the mindset "I've unsubscribed"/"down with LTT", What do you think is the balance between preventing at-times unwarranted reputation damage while also being sympathetic to potential victims? 

If LTT is anything less than a horrible sexually-assaulting, bigoted over-demanding work environment, I feel bad for them for having this piled onto what's already a shitstorm arguably blown out of proportion.

If they are all of the above, then of course they should be held accountable and probably face their end.

6 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Point 2 - who said anything about marriage in their post?

Point 3 - Literally a lie. they don't have 0 costs if you need a lawyer

Point 4 - You know you can see the URL in the browser, and where you are reading the replies ?

Point 5 - Sexual abuse is different from sexual harassment 

4 minutes ago, DakotaCx said:

NDA wouldn't apply to criminal action. Linus said so himself. 

"No NDA or other agreement can prevent a Canadian from reporting workplace mistreatment including (but not limited to) harassment, discrimination or unlawful termination. They can post it publicly, submit a statement to the authorities, or do both for good measure. As long as it was true it wouldn't be  defamatory." - LS

understood mb

1 minute ago, Reclus said:

Civil accusation of what?

Workplace harassment. Toxic working environment.

These would be civilly dealt with in court. As it would be civil you would have to pay to go to court and fight your case to a reasonable degree. Rather than criminal which would be beyond a reasonable doubt.

Some of the posts itt are borderline sociopathic, Madison's full allegations include textbook workplace harassment and HR negligence.  The only reasonable stance on this matter at the moment is that her claims need to be fully investigated (the ones that can as several are ones where there would be little to no evidence) and the truth brought to light and any wrongdoing by any party duly punished.

No wonder Linus is so anti-union

Personally, I think it's pretty insane how many people actually believe that if something can't be proven in court then it's somehow OK to just assume they are guilty anyway. Sure, they could still be guilty, but that's not a for sure thing and without proof you can't confirm it and just treating it as a for sure thing is what terrible people do. It's like people learned nothing from the whole Amber Heard and Johnny Depp situation.

As for why would she lie? I don't know, people freaking lie about things all the time. I am not a psychologist. But I do know for a fact people have indeed lied about this type of crap. And this isn't me saying she is lying. This is me saying we don't know. No one does at this moment. So we can't assume she is lying, and we can't assume she isn't lying. We can't assume LMG is guilty nor can we assume they are not guilty. We can only wait and see.

And if you think it's somehow your job to go after someone accused without evidence or the law involved, you are the horrible person. I don't care if you believe it happened, without evidence... it just means you could be wrong and are attacking someone innocent. Just my 2 cents.

There is a reason the law goes by innocent until proven guilty. It's not to try and get guilty people to go free. It's to protect innocent people. It's certainly not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than the crazy internet mob who thinks it's always their job to punish people who they deem guilty.

Edit: BTW... yes these claims do need to be investigated. Me saying the above isn't me denying that.

12 minutes ago, DarithINAbby said:

You have to be joking right? It's the only thing I could think of for you saying you think 3 tweet, 2 Instagram posts, and 2 TikToks a day is too much work, 3 tweets is like 200-500 words instagram is hitting a shutter button twice and ya the Tiktok might be a bit more involved but you'd still have 6 hours in the day to finish it.

also don't forget she AGREED to those terms, she didn't have to take the job, you don't get to say Yes to "We need X amount from you each day, if you can do that the job is yours...." to then say   "Man my work asks so much from me its mentally taxing"

The tik toks had her editing 12k footage on a machine that couldn't handle it. Also im fairly sure in the tweets she claimed they switched up the contract on her multiple times, and didn't tell her the pay or what her actual work schedule would be until she moved an entire country to work there.

I have not read the wall of text here and I am a guy. Don't look to hard at my joke of a portrait !

But I do take sexual harassments seriously. In the corporate world that I live in I've had to watch hundreds of videos over the years! 

If I was Madison and I had a legitimate beef AND I was serious:

• I would not make it public
  • I would retain a lawyer
  • I would start a lawsuit 

However, if Madison wanted a bit of revenge, I'd go to twitter...     but what do I know.

39 minutes ago, CT854 said:

Not to mention that legal advice costs money, time, reliving traumatic experiences, is clinical... need I go on?

When I was a kid I was plaintiff in a civil suit which involved reliving something that happened to me (nothing on the scale of SA/SH, but still involved bodily injury). That shit is traumatizing. I was under strict orders to not discuss it until the case was over, and I cannot tell you how difficult that was. Having an outlet to vent about it is invaluable. I can't imagine the trauma that is underwent by somebody with the power imbalance and public exposure that Madison is involved in.

People splitting hairs about "why didn't she seek legal counsel/report to the police" are forgetting a very real human element that proves to be barriers. When you're in a situation like this, you have to behave perfectly under risk of intense scrutiny. It's such a taxing standard and I do not blame anybody one bit for needing to get their side of the story out.

Thank you. It's extremely refreshing to see someone who actually understands the mental stress Madison was/is likely under.

2 minutes ago, DarithINAbby said:

you haven't heard ANYONE else who does or has worked there feel the same way

....yet

Madison could be the first to speak up for all the rest too afraid to.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.