Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

I'm waiting for the #TeamLTT vs #TeamMadison #TeamGN shirts from LTTStore

1 minute ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Because venting is therapeutic.

Everyone here seems to be American-as-fuck jumping straight to legal help.

What's legal going to do? What kind of evidence could you possibly gather for all of these verbal issues?

What kind of defense can Madison get compared to LMG's massive wallets. Not to mentioning re-living the trauma by having to go through the entire process of thoroughly going through everything. And of course the LMG fanboys are going to TORMENT her through the whole process. It's lose-lose-lose.

it seems legal advice would be a LOT more substantial than the advice of random people on the internet.  Just my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, thebakerman said:

It does not matter. You asked someone to manage a profile designated as NSFW “as a joke”, without considering the obvious consequences of this action. Then, surprise surprise, people start sending you NSFW content that you, the coordinator, need to respond to. This is negligent enough as it is, and I feel like it should make the employer liable for some labour law violation.

But even if it does not, when you report that you’re uncomfortable and don’t want to be forced to filter through an influx of male genitalia and your concerns get ignored, that’s very comfortably in “hostile work environment” territory.

There are some assumptions there. 

1) Did they need to be responded to? I doubt it, but I don't know. 
2) I honestly don't know if that would be negligent if that's your job. 
3) When you voice your concern, they ask for a little longer for the bit, and you continue does that not imply consent at that point to continue? I don't know. 

I think circumstances and context do matter in cases like this. As already stated elsewhere, I'm genuinely unsure and curious how that would play out. 

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

it seems legal advice would be a LOT more substantial than the advice of random people on the internet.  Just my 2 cents.

You paying for it?

And no one is asking for advice..

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

4 hours ago, affa said:

Still no need to address this situation directly, but what they can do, is to say how they are going to handle issues a co-worker opens up. Code of conduct and so on.  I guess some clear guidelines for the employees, and transparency about those to the community, that would make this rocky boat a bit more solid.

Yes, they could do that.

The CEO could also release a statement to say they're aware of 'reports' and he is investigating it as appropriate but won't be further commenting publicly on any specific employee situation because it is inappropriate to do so. So they could acknowledge it, without admitting any issue or culpability and that in itself would suffice.

6 minutes ago, Booch121 said:

what's the point of a mirror above your desk specifically angled to be able to see behind you.

Lots of people are easily startled. This helps so that when someone comes up behind you and you are wearing headphones you may see someone before they have to tap you on your shoulder to get your attention.

Just now, jitteryzeitgeist said:

You paying for it?

You can get legal advice for free a lot of the time.  It's just ADVICE.  Most places will sit down and talk to you for free and you dont pay unless you hire them to take the case.

1 minute ago, itshurleytime said:

Lots of people are easily startled. This helps so that when someone comes up behind you and you are wearing headphones you may see someone before they have to tap you on your shoulder to get your attention.

Yup. But does that constitute "abuse" as some are insinuating? 

I guess I have the perspective of someone who is very used to workplace pranks, and works in a female-dominated field as a male, so I have a bias towards not seeing that as any sort of a big deal or smoking gun.  

And no one is asking for advice..

Then what was the point of posting it if she wasnt looking for anything?  It seems like if it was so horrible, shed want to do something about it.  I know I would.  I guess I just dont understand the thinking.  I'm not arguing, just trying to make sense of it.

Then what was the point of posting it if she wasnt looking for anything?  It seems like if it was so horrible, shed want to do something about it.  I know I would.  I guess I just dont understand the thinking.  I'm not arguing, just trying to make sense of it.

I don't think you understand what venting is.

You don't just talk to friends about your shitty day even though they obviously can't do anything to help you?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Just now, DakotaCx said:

Yup. But does that constitute "abuse" as some are claiming?

I 'startle' my office mates regularly, not on purpose, but because they are zoned in on their work and I am out of their periphery. If someone hated it there and felt like everyone else hated them, they may perceive it as malicious regardless of intent.

6 minutes ago, lostboy said:

Considering the only reason she got hired was the insane simping? the mindblowing whiteknighting for Madison was jaw dropping

Its a mistake they'll be paying for for years if they don't handle it. Their silence tells me they have lawyers on it, which they should.

This whole thing came to light hours ago. "Their silence tells me they have lawyers on it, which they should." Alright Obi-Wan Kenobi, good to know. However, maybe, just maybe, it's so early they could be doing literally anything, including but not limited to: nothing.

2 minutes ago, itshurleytime said:

This is true, but it also aligns with Madison's story.

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

You have zero idea how the laws work around this. A toxic workplace enviroment is not illegal, and workplace harassment do not get a positive result in the judicial system. You also have to complications of this being international (she was on a work visa) 

Stop victim blaming, and start talking with, and listening to victims instead of pointing out solutions that are known to not have positive outcomes for them over 90% of the time. 

The law is the law. There are actions that are illegal in a workplace on which the police will act on. The only person that knows nothing here is you. Don't care about these wonderful terms you are using: victim blaming, toxic workplace etc. in the slightest. Innocent until proven guilty is the law. Twitter posts aren't.

2 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Because venting is therapeutic.

Everyone here seems to be American-as-fuck jumping straight to legal help.

What's legal going to do? What kind of evidence could you possibly gather for all of these verbal issues?

What kind of defense can Madison get compared to LMG's massive wallets. Not to mentioning re-living the trauma by having to go through the entire process of thoroughly going through everything. And of course the LMG fanboys are going to TORMENT her through the whole process. It's lose-lose-lose.

Not to mention that legal advice costs money, time, reliving traumatic experiences, is clinical... need I go on?

When I was a kid I was plaintiff in a civil suit which involved reliving something that happened to me (nothing on the scale of SA/SH, but still involved bodily injury). That shit is traumatizing. I was under strict orders to not discuss it until the case was over, and I cannot tell you how difficult that was. Having an outlet to vent about it is invaluable. I can't imagine the trauma that is underwent by somebody with the power imbalance and public exposure that Madison is involved in.

People splitting hairs about "why didn't she seek legal counsel/report to the police" are forgetting a very real human element that proves to be barriers. When you're in a situation like this, you have to behave perfectly under risk of intense scrutiny. It's such a taxing standard and I do not blame anybody one bit for needing to get their side of the story out.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

You can get legal advice for free a lot of the time.  It's just ADVICE.  Most places will sit down and talk to you for free and you dont pay unless you hire them to take the case.

You can get generalized "advice."  Most legal consultations end with "well you can report it, or you can hire us and we can go over the specifics" but in general a lawyer is going to push you to action.

And if you don't have hard evidence, like say copies of emails or contracts or anything written verifying your story, then you've basically got nothing.

In fact, the only thing you CAN do is respond to people on social media so they stop blowing up your inbox.  Which is what she did.

And now is getting drug over the coals for it for daring to defy the innocent and wholesome Linus.

1 minute ago, UTiii said:

Seems completely sane a reliable.

Its because they are streaming and have to be entertaining. Also what makes this you think they are insane just from this clip? All it is is generic genz comedy.........

I don't think you understand what venting is.

You don't just talk to friends about your shitty day even though they obviously can't do anything to help you?

A shitty day and being sexually assaulted are 2 severely different things.

4 minutes ago, jnmaster said:

It’s been a couple hours.. what do you want LMG to say? They have to organize internally and get facts straight. Would you have preferred them saying “we didn’t do it” and leave it to that? Whatever they will do, people will find a way to criticize. They obviously need to contact lawyers, which takes more than a couple of hours.

Yes ofc, I'm still waiting like everyone else, but until then there other things to make them accountable like the GN thing

4 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Are you for real? Criminal reports have 0 cost. ZERO. After that the law investigates on their own - YOU PAY NOTHING!

I can see multiple reasons why 

1. Either she reported and they didn't do anything

2.She needed legal help from lawyers

3.She didn't go to the police because she was either afraid or not mentally capable of 

Don't look at it as if it was you because not everybody is the same, there are tons of valid reasons for not doing this and I just gave you 3

Stuff like this can really tear you down to the point you can't even get out of bed. 

5 minutes ago, UTiii said:

Seems completely sane a reliable.

YIKES

2 minutes ago, CT854 said:

Not to mention that legal advice costs money, time, reliving traumatic experiences, is clinical... need I go on?

When I was a kid I was plaintiff in a civil suit which involved reliving something that happened to me (nothing on the scale of SA/SH, but still involved bodily injury). That shit is traumatizing. I was under strict orders to not discuss it until the case was over, and I cannot tell you how difficult that was. Having an outlet to vent about it is invaluable. I can't imagine the trauma that is underwent by somebody with the power imbalance and public exposure that Madison is involved in.

People splitting hairs about "why didn't she seek legal counsel/report to the police" are forgetting a very real human element that proves to be barriers. When you're in a situation like this, you have to behave perfectly under risk of intense scrutiny. It's such a taxing standard and I do not blame anybody one bit for needing to get their side of the story out.

So the better option is to rant on Twitter without any accountability, to look for validation while throwing people under the bus without any evidence on your say so. Do not care how difficult the barriers are. Serious criminal accusations require serious legal approach. Not goddamn Twitter.